The ACC Rivalry Thing

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by ncguy, Feb 4, 2003.

1. ncguy

ncguy New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    NC
    You gotta love it!
    My oldest son had a soccer tournament this weekend in Augusta Ga.. All of the games were played on the Army base located there (Fort Gordon). We were told to give ourselves ample time prior to the game as we were subject to a search before entering the Base.
    Well we pull up to the gate and the soldier looks over my license and checks the registration of the vehicle and asks me to pull over to this holding area to be searched. Let me interject here that these were definitely soldiers, they were all business, you wouldn't confuse them for National Guardsman. I pull over and roll down my window and a soldier says "Sir I need you to open your glovebox, turn your vehicle off, and pop your trunk and hood. Then I would like for you to get out of the car and open the hood for me."
    While I'm getting out and opening the hood the Claude Van Damme look alike is searching the trunk. He comes around to the front of the car and says, "So you're a Duke alumni". I respond "No, the boy's grandmother is, he just purchased this car from her." Without cracking a smile the soldier says " Sir I'm sorry to inform you that this search may take awhile...I'm a Carolina fan."

2. cantona24

cantona24 New Member

Apr 26, 2001