The 30 second rule

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by Barbara, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the last couple of days the 30 second rule has mostly felt more like the 90 second rule. But then sometimes it's the 15 second rule.

Does this have something to do that one web server JQ keeps talking about?

2. Dan Roudebush

Dan Roudebush New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    For the last month I kept getting the busy buy $30 message at ALL hours of the day, busy hours or NOT.

Now 95% of the time I can't get past the opening screen. I get this monster:

----
    Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: Unknown(http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/offsite/getTeamHeader.jsp?team=coc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: Unknown(http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/offsite/getTeamHeader.jsp?team=coc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

Fatal error: (null)(): Failed opening required 'http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/offsite/getTeamHeader.jsp?team=coc' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bsiroot/public_html/forum/global.php(394) : eval()'d code on line 10

3. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    It's a median 30 seconds.

4. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Member

Mar 3, 1999
    Both these errors are strange but may be related to moving from 2 servers to 1. Hopefully, these issues should disappear now that we have transitioned. Please let me know if they do not.

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    The 30 second rule varies.

Sometimes I can post right away. Sometimes I have to wait up to and over a minute.

6. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier today I know I waited at least two minutes.

7. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, onthis page it appears that four minutes separates two of my posts.

However, while trying to post that second post, I probably got the 30-second message for two or three minutes. So in the world of BigSoccer.com 30 seconds really equals several minutes.

Despite ample evidence that there is something supremely ********ed up with your system your level of indifference is really astounding.

Seriously, why do you people not care that so many of your customers are so very annoyed by glitches in your system?

I'd be satisfied if you guys would just respond to us with whatever you do or don't know but the way you have been continually ignoring us makes me really wish I'd kept my $30.

Cripes, computers are screwy - everyone knows that. The cause of our frustration is almost always the refusal by PTB to communicate with the riff-raff (by which I mean your paying customers) rather than the problem itself.

But I'm not bitter or anything.

8. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Guess my honeymoon is officially over.

This is all due to the elimination of one server in the farm. It should resolve as the dns fixes itself, which i think is all done.

9. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:) Thanks.

10. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just heard that you mean that literally.

Congrats, dude. Sincerely.