The 2021-2022 NBA SEASON

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by onefineesq, Jan 22, 2022.

1. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are nearly into February, so I figured it is time to start up the NBA thread for those who are interested.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I searched (unsuccessfully) for the NBA thread after watching the Bucks v Bulls game last night, after once again seeing Grayson Allen thug it up and injure a player (Caruso) on a bush league play. It is today being reported that Caruso is out with a fractured wrist, and will be "re-evaluated" in 6 to 8 weeks. It seems that Allen is the same menace on the court that he was going back to, at least, his Duke days.

Anyway, looks to me that this season is wide open. There are any number of teams that one could make a case for lifting the trophy in June, which makes for exciting discussion.

sitruc repped this.
  2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is getting really difficult to continue supporting the Knicks. 20-something point lead late in the 1st half, and still headed to another loss. I am starting to understand why my cousin stopped watching basketball. Good grief. Oh, and Kyrie Irving is still a chump who drags down every team he associates with. I give LeBron about 10 times more credit as I used to, based on the sole fact that he was able to make Irving look like a guy you can win with regularly.

Edit: Wait a second ... Barrett for THREEEEEEEE!

3. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish there had been a thread for the season which had started in the pre-season. The Lakers are horrible. When they put this roster together over the summer, I kept telling my best friend Laker fan that this team was too old to be a legitimate contender. Of course, he disagreed. I couldn't understand how few were seeing it. As my Caribbean mother used to say when I was a kid, "if you don't hear, you feel." Well, the Lakers are certainly "feeling" now.

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Philly gave up far too much to acquire James Harden and Paul Millsap at the trade deadline. Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummond, aaannnnnnnnnnnddd TWO 1st round picks? Good grief. But yeah, there already seems to be no love lost being expressed by Joel Embiid. This is gonna be good.

5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am back, to muse about how my Knicks can be this atrocious. Yet another huge lead blown, at home against a team that was fielding a G League roster? Pathetic. I am not the biggest Stephen A Smith fan, but his recent Knicks rant was cathartic for me. Burn the whole roster down and start over. There isnt a guy on that team that has covered himself in any glory. Also, is Anthony Davis ever NOT going to be hurt? Geez, the trainer needs to be getting overtime pay in LA.

6. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an INCREDIBLY ugly end-of-game between the 2 LA teams. I don't know if I have seen more poor plays in the last minute of a game in my entire life. That both of these teams may end up in the playoffs is a travesty.

7. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ja Morant is just ridiculous. Enough said. Enjoy your evening.

8. gatotkaca3

gatotkaca3 Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I guess this Bulls-Bucks game shows how a new team needs some time together to gel and reach their full potential. And the importance of a defensive big.

9. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems you can also say that about the Lakers. When THE BROW is not healthy (which is often) the team just cant win despite having LeBron being all-world, even as an old man.

10. gatotkaca3

gatotkaca3 Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Oh yeah no doubt. And Lakers is in worse position with their non-star rosters consisting of rejects or "senior home" players.

The path is very open in the west for Suns to get back to the finals unless GSW/Nuggets/Clippers could get fully healthy before the second round of playoffs