The 2020 Election Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    We always lose there! When was the last time we won FL in the presidency the last 40 years? Is that not enough cycles to prove that is a GOP state. 3 times, Clinton 96 and Obama twice. When was the last statewide democrat elected ? I don't know but not many. What about the Floroda legislature that's a good indicator ? how Republican is it? Probably very red..

2. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Then if so the US is a republican nation. As I stated so only one of those times did Florida vote different than the nation as a whole.

3. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A president Biden wouldn't teach anybody anything, he's going straight to the retirement home while his team run the show.

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    More states than that are in play. W won Indiana in 2004 by 20 points, and then Obama won it in 2008. Obama won Michigan by 10 points in 2012, which Trump then won.

I understand that feelings both pro and con Trump are stronger than with usual in a Presidential election, but a lot of ground can change between now and November, particularly in such a troubled time.

5. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Nebraska district 2 or the Ohmha metropolitan area not the state proper was very close. Nebraska proper was +25 Trump. Thank you, you are being realistic nearly 40 states are a slam dunk. I already said those 3 upper midwest states including some light red or light blue states are up for grabs or need to be defended.

I just don't think FL is winnable based on the Trumpian nature of the state, his home state status and the political apparatus in FL being his lapdog and will make sure he wins. Plus they just like him down there.

6. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    You couldn't answer my question because I was right ok fine. Just let the record know that none of the red states I referenced have flipped. Nice cherry picking the facts.

7. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    16 years of dems 24 years of hellllll.

8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You haven't convinced anybody here but yourself.

9. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Answer the question mate. Why couldn't Hillay flip even one Romney or McCain state in 2016?

Why couldn't Obama flip a red state in 2012

Or Kerry flip a Bush state in 2004?

If so many states are up for "grabs" and winnable than why haven't Red states flip outside of 08.

I'll wait...... anybody

10. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Still waiting group thinkers...

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We have an election coming up in May next month and I'm betting on the MI GOP trying similar crap like Wisconsin. They tried to limit Dem powers when Whitmer was elected. Thankfully, they weren't able to do much. THat and there's a few safeguards. Though I'm not ruling out the MI GOP, they're just as crazy.

soccernutter, dapip and charlie15 repped this.
  12. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Why couldn't any GOPer flip a Blue Wall state between 1992 and 2012?

I'll wait too ...

Deadtigers repped this.
  13. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Hahahaha Bush won Iowa in 2004. Next!

14. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Irrelevant. The question you should ask is why Obama in 2008 won so many states that Kerry had lost in 2004. And, "Obama was awesome" was not the answer. Hillary Clinton would comfortably have won that election.

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He's convinced that the party that has won the Presidential popular vote once since 1988 has everything easily under control. Once again, another lesson in the overlap between Bernie voters and Trump voters.

16. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019

17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    It's utterly meaningless

18. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    What's a Red State

19. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Iowa is not a blue wall state.

Deadtigers, russ and NORML repped this.
  20. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    explain to me why you're not a troll at this point?

Deadtigers, xtomx and charlie15 repped this.
  21. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Democrats in your state bankrupted Detroit. Maybe you need the Michigan GOP!

22. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Easy. There is another name for flipping a state that the other party used to hold. Winning. None of the losing Democratic candidates flipped any seats that's why they lost. In general certain states flip back and forth between parties. the true red and blue states don't flip. DC is going to stay democratic and Wyoming is going to stay Republican. One state the did flip is Virginia in 2008. VA had voted Republican in every election since 1948 with the exception of Johnson in '64.

23. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That has been my point for weeks now but the Mods have chosen to ignore him.

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  24. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whitmer is enjoying a nice bump in Mi. She seems pretty genuine and level headed politician, how do you see her from the ground?

xtomx repped this.
  25. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Exactly my point 40-45 states are locked in. Only 5-7 are up for grabs in our hyperpolarized hyperpartisan world. For this election only 3 states matter some 6 more are on the fringes of tossup status.