The 2020 Election Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell are you talking about? She is from your neck of the woods. Dude, this is 2020. It is not like she has some dirty secrets that only you in her neck of the woods would know....GTFOH! :ROFLMAO:
    By the way, Does the Fed still have a plan? :)

2. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Meh she is just inauthentic and I'm not fond of her so yea lol

I never said the Feds have a plan the reason so many people will die is because of El douche incompetence and lack of compassion. I had confidence In Dr. FAUCI once he was shunted aside for Baghdad Bob aka Dr. Brix I knew we were screwed. We need leaders like Mayor London Breed, Govenor Newsom, Govenor Inslee, Governor Cuomo not Trump, De Santis and all these yahoos who will literally lead the nation and their states to premature deaths.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  3. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Kamala was a governor or state senator making policy for that state, I'd put some credence in the idea of local knowledge, but she's a federal Senator. She makes policy nationwide, and can therefore be evaluated nationwide.

xtomx and charlie15 repped this.
  4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He won that war. Or at least the immediate battle. But he didn't win shit with Katrina, just as Trump won't with the virus.

5. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True and it is beyond the point as well. We are in 2020, information is available and ubiquitous. The idea that because someone lives in her neck of the woods knows more about her than anybody else is ludicrous. She is a public figure, vetted and well known.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah....don't just "lol"..You said she is insipid, now as usual you are moving the goal posts, she is unauthentic. You need to give it a rest, man.

By the way this is the famous post on March....You are really bad at this.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/coronavirus-a-global-pandemic.2109049/page-161#post-38587885

sitruc, xtomx and onefineesq repped this.
  7. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019

8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some encouraging numbers for Joe Biden in Wi. Wisconsin will be a pivotal state in Nov. If he wins Wi, the gamer is over.

The Jitty Slitter and Boandlkramer repped this.
  10. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Maybe killing 200k Americans was not a 9D election strategy

charlie15 repped this.
  11. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Susan Rice.

12. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It does seem that Pennsylvania and Michigan are relatively light blue for the moment. If we win those two to force Trump to play defence across a variety of tipping-point states, be it Wisconsin, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, etc. that's a good step.

charlie15 and JohnR repped this.
  13. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.... Let's look at how fast his anemic bump is coming back in line with his general numbers...At this point, no doubt they will continue to go lower. They are really getting nervous at the WH. They are realizing that the virus is not just for blue states and when their red states start feeling the pain as well, all bets are off.

A new AP-NORC poll finds 44% of Americans support President Trump’s oversight of the coronavirus pandemic, in line with his overall 43% approval rating.
    The poll shows that 78% of Americans back requiring citizens to stay in their homes except for essential errands.

Gabriel Sherman reports that President Trump only shifted his tone as the coronavirus virus spread to “Trump country.”

Said one former White House official: “The polling sucked. The campaign panicked about the numbers in red states. They don’t expect to win states that are getting blown to pieces with coronavirus.”

14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then you missed this.
    That's where I stopped.

sitruc, xtomx, ElJefe and 4 others repped this.
  15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Val Demmings can flip Florida, and her past stands up to vetting, she's my choice. She will five finger death punch Pence in a debate.

charlie15 repped this.
  16. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Translation: "We believe that people in red states would be happy with how this country is doing and vote for Trump's re-election if the blue states suffered massive deaths, but they did not."

I am willing to hear from somebody who believes that Republican voters are better than the Trump campaign thinks they are. Because that was a mighty damning statement.

M, onefineesq and charlie15 repped this.
  17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am becoming a big fan of her. Interesting background as well, former Orlando police chief.
    To be honest, the bench of potential women VP or even President is getting deeper. The last few months have revealed quite a few, from Kamala, Amy, to Stacy A, Val Demmings, Gretchen Whitmer, Katie Porter, Michelle Lujan to name a few not to mention Warren.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My personal choice in bold.

xtomx repped this.
  19. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't surprise me for sure....lol
    She would be great, no doubt. A couple of issues though, I think a WOC may be the priority. Her age may be an other one, a younger person may be preferable.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  20. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Need the VP to be young not just younger than Biden. Were talking 40-50ish young. Anything 60+ is suspect. Also it has to be a WOC preferably a Black woman, got to reward his base. Putting a WW on the ticket would be a a blind spot and tone deaf I don't see Team Biden messing this up.

Before any of you scream "tokenism or quotas" nonsense there are plenty of qualified badass WOC who would make a great VP and yes POTUS as well. Just please pick one with charisma Joe , I don't want another Tim Kaine or Joe Liberman borefest.

21. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    And this is the obvious issue with taking a red state strategy. If blue states get ripped many red states will obviously also get devastated

MatthausSammer and charlie15 repped this.
  22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The obvious issue should be that all Americans are horrified by the idea of Americans needlessly dying. Period.

The other thing that needs saying is that all Americans will count under a Joe Biden administration, as opposed to under a Trump administration. If a Bernie Bro or "independent" thinks that is not enough of a difference to get them to vote for Biden, well ... hmmm, there isn't anything polite that I can say.

Deadtigers, song219 and charlie15 repped this.
  23. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    How quaint.

Deadtigers, ElJefe, chaski and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Today we doubled from 5 days ago.....>200k

Deadtigers repped this.