The 2020 Election Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    BidenBros defending Biden right now.
    [​IMG]

Boandlkramer repped this.
  2. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Check CNN, jk, they don't give a sh!t.
    1242852239586275335 is not a valid tweet id

3. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Two things:

1. There is a MASSIVE difference between being a comedian/actor and a) a politician with decades of experience and b) a political operative for decades and federal appellate judge going for the highest judicial post in the land.

2. I was far more concerned about Kavanaugh's record (and, more importantly, what was NOT released), his lack of judicial temperament, his horrible jurisprudence and his overall odiousness than what he may have done as a high school asshole.

Yes, if the allegations could have been substantiated that should be disqualifying, but they were not.

4. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, the thing is, rape and sexual assault are very clear, legal terms. If Joe Biden raped or sexually assaulted a woman, it would be disqualifying.

So what, precisely, again, in your own words, are the charges?

sitruc and xtomx repped this.
  5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I’ve seen, she punched out of DC in a blaze of glory. She wrote one post in Russian and two other posts where she praised Putin and decried the US political system.

Deadtigers repped this.
  6. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You guys win..

Credible rape allegations don't matter anymore.

7. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    And this is the bigger issue to me as well: where is the confirmation of this allegation? This allegation has been out there since the fall of last year, which is PLENTY OF TIME for confirmation.

At the same time, why wouldn't the GOP's turds, like the firm of Black, Manafort, and Stone have already weaponized this?

Why wouldn't Alex Jones, Infowars, Rish Limbaugh, OAN, or Fox have weaponized this?

Why wouldn't one of Biden's opponents, in this primary, or any previous GA have weaponized this?

Where is a Gloria Allred or Michael Avenatti-type to sue Biden and/or bask in media attention?

Where is the PATTERN of alleged behaviors, as evidenced by MULTIPLE accusers, as in the cases of Cosby, R. Kelly, or Weinstein? Or is Biden THE ONLY alleged assaulter, for whom it was a one-off accusation?

Using Occam's Razor, it hasn't been weaponized, because this is likely some Jacob Wohl-level bullshit. Gloria Allred and Avenatti have had time to assess this for profit potential, and have passed. ALL OF CNN, MSNBC, OAN, & FOX have passed on this.

And, FFS, there are WAY MORE people who make a living digging up dirt than some undergrad Bernie supporter who would want to/be able to make hay out of this.

As we sit right now, I see no reason to believe this, as there has been no confirmation on this issue. I'm willing to be swayed, but there's have to be more than an undergrad Bernie supporter's tweet.

russ, luftmensch and xtomx repped this.
  8. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's a new allegation, they're saving it for the general, also....
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/joe-biden-sexual-assault-1993

9. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Sorry, this allegation has been out there since (EDIT) LAST APRIL. So this has been known for some time.

Also, given Trump's proclivities towards being a turd means that the Hail Mary of Burisma was their game plan, not some allegation that appears to have both substantiation.

10. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That was the touchy part not the rapey part.

11. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Indeed. This has been in the media for some time, yet NO ONE has weaponized this as yet.

12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it an allegation of rape?

sitruc repped this.
  13. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    From that article

“My life was hell,” Reade said. “This was about power and control.”

compared her experience to being a lamp.

“It’s pretty. Set it over there,” she said. “Then when it’s too bright, you throw it away.”

“‘I changed the trajectory of your life,’” she wants to hear him say. “‘I’m sorry.’”

----------------------------

Statements that sound like she's describing the mind of a rapist, there's more to the story, she recently gave more to it, which included sexual assault, details to which he struggled to get out when doing so, you can hear for yourself.
    https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story#t=0:00

14. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

15. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right but that tweet doesn't claim it's either rape or sexual assault.

Hundreds of millions of women each year are sexually assaulted and raped. It's a massive calamity that isn't covered in any country on the planet. Did Joe Biden do that? In your own words, did he do either of those things? If so, he should be removed from the Democratic nomination.

I've read the articles and in my mind he didn't do either of those things. I've offered you, now, three times to explain to me why touching her shoulders rises to the level of sexual assault and rape, so that I would have a chance to learn a different perspective. You have instead chosen to repost a tweet that does not back up your claims of rape.

I offer a third and final opportunity.

sitruc, Deadtigers and xtomx repped this.
  16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Blaze is less than a reputable source and I question the "credibility" of this allegation.

That being said, there is merit to this allegation, it is disqualifying and should be/ should have been investigated criminally.

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The problem with Sanders is not that he is getting roughly 30 percent support in the primaries. Its that his message is divisive and non inclusive and he’s making war on the other 60 percent of Democrats. And his behavior encourages the worst of his supporters to be even more divisive.

If you think being divisive makes somebody a good candidate then you might as well argue for Trump. 40 percent of the country seems to be buying his non inclusive message, and he’s making war on the other 60 percent of Americans. And, we know about the worst of his supporters.

18. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And therein is the problem... The fact that she has professed an affection for Putin, the fact that the Russians have been working to undermine Biden's campaign, and that this claim hasn't gotten any traction for over a year makes one wonder about how credible her allegation is..

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This seems a bit harsh. All we know is that she has professed her love for Russia and Putin. That does not necessarily mean she is a Russian asset.

20. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I can't find that via a google search. An earlier tweet that was referenced, by somebody who said that she had recovered a deleted Reade tweet, has itself been deleted. I'd be interested to see what a good reporter would make of all this, as opposed to where we are now with the Internet coverage, which is partisans on each side pitching their case.

Edit: OK, I found this from a right-wing source, so apparently that did happen -

'Tis a strange thing.

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently one of Biden’s opponents is now allowing the worst of his supporters to use it.

And I expect Trump to use it too, at some point, regardless of the level of credibility. He’s worse than the Bernie Bros. It won’t surprise me if he invites the accuser to a debate.

By all means all such claims should be investigated. But allowing unsubstantiated claims to affect elections would set a dangerous precedent.

Deadtigers and NORML repped this.
  22. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah.. The BernieBros doxxed her and started threatening to rape her....

23. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    [​IMG]

24. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Didn't she also take shots at Trump in that dodgy looking screenshot?

25. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Literally no idea who this guy is.;)