The 2019 Summer Transfer Thread - Where Your Dreams Come to Die

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 5, 2019.

1. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Orsolini had a goal and an assist against Brescia today...

Juve went from a team who would buy the rights to any talented italian youth to a team who just flips them asap whenever its time to pay for the salarie or transfer fee of some imported player who ends up staying too long, contributing nothing outside of ordinary.

I think a lot of people are going to get tuned off from the team in the next few years, the die hards will always be there... but its going to be just a meh feeling for many. I am already seeing that on other forums.

I dont expect Ronaldo to stay here if they dont win the CL this year, maybe one more year after this maximum... hes not going to sully his reputation when he could be getting hardware elsewhere.

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It goes right along our trend of idiotic extensions and signing old or injured players. Nothing new

3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its already happened. Been a die hard fan thru thick and thin last 30yrs but this team post 2017 has not been the same. Many of us dont have a soft spot for any of the players other than the old squad....the newcomers havent really captured the heart of the fans (other than a Ronaldo or Dybala) management makes stupid decisions and doesn't care about fans. If you wanna be ruthless like RM or Barca teams at least build a world class team we can enjoy...but they expect us to put up with their snobby new age behavior while they feed us garbage players like khedira matuidi danilo and de sciglio

Add to that ugly football, it really leaves not much for the fans to cheer for....other than the die hard loyalty

thinredline10 and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard LA has a couple good teams.

5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    agreed... Paulo was probaly the first player of the new generation who captured that Claudio/ADP/Buffon/Giorgo idol worship.... then I got very excited about the prospect of cheering for the new generation of Italian Youth at Juve such as Berardi( I know he never came), Giovinco, Ciro, been really excited to see Caldara and Kean blossom here, wanted to see Orsolini grow into a role here...

instead i just see a bunch of journeyman across europe coming here before they settle off into the twilight of their career... such as Evra, Khedira, Blaise, Gonzalo, and now Ronaldo or middle aged guys like Sceznesy, Rabiot, Pjanic, Ramsey... with only Miralem actually producing results previous to coming here, Gonzalo did as well, but he never really showed up for Argentina.

Juventus, especially now feels more just like its become a giant corporation that is obsessed with diversifying and branching out into other markets, almost like Agnelli and Elkann are most interested with having a **** measuring contest when they attend the Bilderberger and CFR meetings...

First it was seeing the roster gradually become devoid of italian players, when it used to be that the azzurri was full of Juve players, then it was the corporate logo change, now the stripes are gone... "be the stripes"? what does that even mean? now its all of the aggressive street/urban culture clothing line that is being pushed heavily... I know inter is doing it and its even more cringy to see a Chinese company just copy catting whats popular in a foreign market.

i guess this is the brave new world we are in... one in which the players are bigger then the teams, the amount of favorable calls you get during a match is dependent on how many super stars you have on the pitch, but there is something very unsettling when you look over in England and you see the stands no longer full of the previous die hard fans, but now full of rich tourists who treat a trip to a game like how a blue collar family sees a trip to disney.

Daei_10 repped this.
  6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes actually LAFC model is fantastic and they cater to the fans. Free parking, great stadium atmosphere, decent football and they take care of their players and fans with many off the field special events.

Any other irrelevant questions or comments?

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you just described Juve...

It was neither, more like a suggestion.