The 2019 Summer Transfer Thread - Where Your Dreams Come to Die

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romeo Agresti claims that Juve and Genoa have completed deal for defender Cristian Romero, supposedly set at €30 million. All that's left is to iron out the fine details. They claim that he will join Juve over the summer, they don't want to loan him out. His signing is to compliment their main target of Matthijs De Light.

Juve's interest in Zaniolo dates back to June 2017 when Paratici's deputy, Federico Cherubini, met Virtus Entella's Matteo Superbi to discuss the player. He eventually went to Inter.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How much money are we spending? There seem to be a lot of high money deals for a lot of players coming in this summer. Are we gonna spend 200 mil? Cause we need midfielders, defenders and MAYBE a forward. I'm guessing a few high profile names are leaving the team this summer (Pjanic, Dybala PLEASE)

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Ramsey coming in, I think that Khedira is gone, that frees up some salary space. Barzagli is most likely gone, Caceres is gone too. So that means we need at least 2 CB's. I do think that one "bigger" name is going to leave this summer.

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It all depends if Allegri stays or leaves. He stays so will Khedira

Whether Allegri wins CL or not...the cycle is over. He has changed identity of this team. Our midfield isnt the same and we are missing that grinta. He also doesn't want to play attacking football and you dont buy a Ronaldo if you're not into that style. There has been a huge disconnect it seems on the players management want vs what Allegri wants. They need to be more in sync....since 2015 too many changes, and each time we chose a direction next summer we changed it. Need to pick a path and follow it. Otherwise you have the mess we have now...players not happy, leaving or forced sales in case of Higuain and Caldara.

5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I thought before the season started that this would be Max's last season in charge.

If he wins the CL, he will go. Prolly to Madrid.

If he loses, then he will be pushed.

A Frenchman is our future. Both have Juve DNA.

Zidane or Deschamps. One or the other.

I think it is Zidane and that is why we will see CR7 joined by one or 2 more of his Real buddies.

Otherwise it is Deschamps and Pogba comes home.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #6 Dante, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Reports that Mario Mandzukic has rejected a €10 million salary offer from Chinese club Dalian Yifang to remain at Juve.

CdS claims that Juventus met with Matthijs De Ligt, his family and Edwin Van der Sar (Ajax CEO) in December when he visited Turin. Andrea Agnelli was present at the meeting as well, he hopes the personal touch will help Juve other clubs interested in the Dutchman.

L'Equipe claims that Marcelo wants to leave Real Madrid in the summer and Juve are in pole for his signing, given the presence of his friend Cristiano Ronaldo.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a meeting scheduled to take place in Turin in a few days between Fabio Paratici and Mino Raiola. They're set to discuss Moise Kean and Matthijs De Ligt.

La Repubblica claims that Nicolo Zaniolo's contract renewal talks with Roma have ended. Monchi's offer of €1.5 million a year is no longer deemed enough by the player's agent Claudio Vigorelli. The matter has now been shelved until the summer.

James Rodriguez father: “Juventus? He’s very close to Cristiano Ronaldo. For how I see Italian football, going to Juventus would be a good decision.”

8. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Zaniolo is a serious Juventino, I believe...

9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He would be an excellent pick up in a place of need.

scirea6 repped this.
  10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    James can ******** off, hes flopped at Real and Bayern, he can stay at either of clubs. Not to mention he's apparently shit to work with

gumbacicc and scirea6 repped this.
  11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Another player whose reputation was made by international football... which just goes to show how stupid and shit international football is.

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Lot's of players look better playing with an all-star group of their own countrymen than on a top squad from all over in a foreign country. That doesn't mean they are good or bad players, it means they fit better in some systems/environments than others.

Daei_10 repped this.
  13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Whether or not it's a true reflection of a player's quality (it usually is not), it totally dements the transfer market, which has a resounding effect on club football.

Hence it's one of the reasons why I despise international football as much as I do.

juveeer repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    It does, no doubt.

Milan Baros was all world with his national team and a total dud everywhere else he played.

scirea6 repped this.
  15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sky News Arabia - Is that a reliable source?

Spend over €200m - Makes Dybala a bargain. Heck, makes Ronaldo a bargain.

Ronaldo gave green light to negotiate for Salah - Ronaldo is now in charge of player personnel?

Make of it what you wish.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not happening, nor should it.

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Not at those numbers, but I would swap Salah for Dybala in a heartbeat. Unlike Paolino and Douglas Costa, we know the Egyptian shows up when it matters and is a consistent performer.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He would not fit well as teams clam up against us. Salah excels in open space, which he gets plenty of in England. His numbers at Roma were nothing to brag about.

juveeer repped this.
  20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    His last season at Roma, he scored a goal every other game, not to mention creating space for his teammates. He then goes on to Liverpool and has become all worldly ever since, embarassing, among others, Italian opposition to get to the CL Final last season. Outside of Ronaldo and Messi, he is as good as it gets.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reports in Italy that Juve are very interested in João Félix of Benfica.

Paratici "James Rodriguez? Certainly a great player, we must see. Improving a squad like ours is not easy. To improve on Dybala, Costa, Cuadrado & Bernardeschi is really hard. The first thing someone like me must not do is damage. Might sound easy, but it is not."

Paratici "Young Italian players that I like? Zaniolo, Chiesa, Barella & Tonali."

Paratici "Szoboszlai? A talented boy, but we would need to find a Serie A team that would let him play many games."

22. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paratici is at the Roma v Porto game.

24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I wonder if Zaniolo has a release clause.

25. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    rather see him stay at Roma or another team which will give him serious minutes, no point coming here and watching him sit the bench for half a year with only a few appearances as a late game sub.

Ramsey will be eating up a lot of time as the team tries to justify his wages.

Daei_10 repped this.