The 2019 Autopsy: FCD Offseason Thread [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Oct 21, 2019.

1. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The tactic itself (sell tickets to see the marquee names) isn't so bad, though it screams "small market." The execution this time around was pretty bald-faced and shameless, though. I feel like the correct way to do this is, "See US National Team star Reggie Cannon take on Mexican National Team star Chicharito!" And maybe put Chicharito's photo on it and put his name in larger font and whatnot. But to not even acknowledge that your own team is playing in the game...

I drove from Tuscaloosa, AL, as a penniless graduate student to watch the first Beckham game in Frisco, and it was worth every penny, by the way.

TCS35 and Pegasus repped this.
  2. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you paid around a penny to see that game? As I remember that game, the stadium was full, the field was crap due to a concert (Jimmy Buffett?) that had seating on the field only a few days before, and we got pounded in front of the big crowd and lots of potential sponsors. The game was so bad, the Hunts fired coach Steve Morrow a few days later (not justified IMO).
    Just checked several sources on the web - Beckham started playing for the Gals in July 2007 after finishing the season with Real Madrid. First game for him in Frisco was May 18, 2008. Gals won 5-1, featuring a red card for us and an own goal by our Mexican star Dulio Davino (I still have the wig from Dulio Davino night)>

MjrGrubert and SabreKhan repped this.
  3. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    You sure you're not confusing that with "Juan Toja Wig Night"? Or am I forgetting another wig night?

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How could you forget Duilio Davino Wig Night, where they recycled all the leftover wigs from the previous year’s Juan Toja Wig Night?

SabreKhan repped this.
  5. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    in my defense, there are a LOT of things this club has done over the years I've blocked out in an attempt to maintain some level of mental health.

ElJefe, Pegasus and burning247 repped this.
  6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is really good advice for anyone wanting to be a long time fan.

MjrGrubert and ElJefe repped this.