The 2019/20 Pre-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jul 8, 2019.

1. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    It's because of that midfield which is still te same. But we have about a month left till the season starts so I'm sure we're busy to sign someone before then.

2. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    AS photoshopped Hazard's head onto Benzema's body to make him look fitter.

1148388654357852160 is not a valid tweet id

3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not just that, overall the photoshop quality is very, very amateur. You see better photoshop jobs in these random IG pages about football lol.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Looking forward to the start of a new season. :)

MerlinRM and Digital repped this.
  5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's dumb.

I'm not Benzies biggest fan but I follow him on social media and he's been posting workout pics and six packs all summer. It seems more likely they did the photo shop just to create the story because an actual pic would have only revealed he's in good shape.

6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed the point. They are talking about Hazard not being in shape and using Benz's in-shape body to "hide" that.

PigBenis, Mimadridsta and 4x4s repped this.
  7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh. Well that's not good.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fatty Hazard memes and photoshops taking over. I thought we were lacking hunger lanst season, but not that kind of hunger. :D

Pundorikakho and Digital repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At least two quality trophy winning mids, I look forward to seeing them play with the new additions and vast improvements from both from what we witnessed last season

Drouchk repped this.
  10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Too pessimistic my guy, we’ve made some excellent signings so far, and there is simply no way those who remain perform as bad as they have last year ( if they do, well we’ve got the depth we lacked prior ), we still need a signing or two in midfield and we’re set, the back line and the front line are good.
    our wings haven’t looked as dangerous as they do now in decades, we’re going to be creating scoring chances left and right, on top of that we finally have a killer up top.
    Big things will happen this season.

11. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Lol wut

Ronaldo and Bale .....

Killer up top? Do people not realise how amazing Benz has been for a freaking decade lol

These comments boggle my brain

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Am I the only one surprised to see Bale in preseason?
    Zidane is already starting his new project having to play a player he does not want in the team.

What is the deal with Ceballos? Was he sold already?

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Drouchk repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He played in U-21 Euros so extra days off. Won't join later if loan move is close.

Drouchk repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    7A4E35C9-EDEA-44BC-9C7F-BF3D1C191C3C.jpeg

Well it doesnt shock me that your brain is that easily boggled seeing as you see Benz as a killer type striker ( you also thought that Bale was our best winger last season so there is that ), he is not nor has he ever been one and yes we've got more dangerous wing play currently than we've had in a long long time.

at no point in Bale's career was he able to dribble past defenders the way Hazard and Vinicius can ( Rodrygo is pretty potent in this sense and as long as pressure doesnt get to him it will show), Bale's ability to get past players was 100% reliant on pace whereas Hazard and Vinicius use a combination of quick bursts of speed, tricks and skills, they're harder to stop for fullbacks than Bale ever was in his stint with us.

CR7 was already going through a transition in his game when we got him, he was moving away from the flashy tricky dribbler he was in his younger days to a more efficient striker, yes he was still a good dribbler but that doesn't negate my initial point which is that right now we have more of players on the wings that can take the ball, run at defenders, beat them than we've had for a LONG time, if you cant see that then i have to wonder about you.

Halycon and ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Ceballos is still on vacation due to having played in the U21 tournament, he is still part of the team officially.

As for Bale, I don’t know what’s going on but I highly doubt him joining pre season means anything in the grand scheme of things, he can and will most likely still be sold.

17. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm sorry are we talking about the same Benzema who had to take a back seat to Cristiano but still is the 4th highest scorer in European Cup history, who has 7 seasons at Madrid where he scored more than 20 goals and who last season scored 30?

That Benzema?

There is no way this set of wingers is anywhere as good as any that includes Ronaldo, I'm sorry any thoughts contrary to this is just asinine. Bale and Ronaldo could beat defenders with the best of them.

Bale for as shit as he was, was still our best winger last season. 14 goals, 6 assists. The Bale hate is quite hilarious.

Vini was exciting, but he didn't do a whole lot.

Nice try though.

18. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Statistics are not everything. did you even watch the games? Or only searched it up on the internet? Because Bale was really, really bad. How can you even say he was our best winger? Even Vazquez was more usefull at times. And that says a lot.

Drouchk and Halycon repped this.
  19. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kubo in the pre-season squad :inlove:

Shay Z, Ahmadi8, Drouchk and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    LOL The argument here isn’t that Benzema isn’t a good player/forward, he certainly is but when people says a striker is a killer they generally are referring to a specific type of striker, someone like Inzaghi/Trezeguet for example, a fox in the box, a striker that might not even participate much in build ups but doesn’t waste a lot of scoring opportunities, he gets 5 chances he scores 3; you’re beyond delusional if you believe that is Benzema. Benzema is an all around better player than most striker in history but you know what he ain’t? A killer.

Again, Ronaldo hasn’t been a winger for a long while, he wasn’t running at people and beating them on the flanks anymore; do you even watch games or do you just live score them? It sure would explain why you think Bale was our best winger despite the fact that he was outplayed by Lucas freaking Vasquez , stop embarrassing yourself.

Vinicius didn’t do a whole lot? Yea ok

21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares? People argue over some of the dumbest shit man.

AriGold and Zidane05 repped this.
  22. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I don't think Bale is as bad as some need him to be but watching all our games I can say that his interplay with teammates and overall chemistry with the rest of the attack has gotten worse. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's due in part to him dropping much deeper consistently in previous seasons and much more involved in the build up and even recycling of the play. He wasn't nearly as involved this year.

Frankly it's shocking that Jr and Benzema had better understanding, chance creation and build up considering how long Benzema and Bale have been playing together.

The attack looked dead other than Jr and Benz for much of the season.

You can point to assist, but watching the games the issues were very clear. No penetrating dribbles, no ability to force defense to choose, virtually zero creativity - teams just sat back flat and we couldn't penetrate if Jr was on the bench. We were completely lacking ideas, athleticism and intelligent runs on the right. For me, the right side of the attack was a huge issue.

That said, as I've said before Jr is in for a harder time this season. Last year, the bulk of team weren't even trying, so jrt running at the defense endeared him to the fans. Even if he didn't score, at least he was trying to make things happen. With better football being played around him presumably this season, the expectation will be for more end product. That will lead to a lot more pressure on the kid than last season.

In some ways some of the fans are making the same mistake with Jr that Perez made with Asensio and Isco last season. People need to lower their Jr expectations to reality - huge potential but there's a lot of polishing to do before we can reasonably expect consistent end product.

23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I doubt fans turn on Vinnie even if his finishing somehow does not improve, the Bernabeu appreciates hard work and a positive attitude, two things Vini doesn’t lack, combine those with his youth and flair? I don’t see it, I’d be very shocked if they turn on him.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  25. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    Rumor has it they are still running

Drouchk repped this.