PBP: The 2018 Midterms :: Election Day Thread :: Pre-Match & PBP [R]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Nov 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... So Harris has been implicated in the fraud...

2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. The head of the GOP party is now open to the possibility of a new election.
    2. Perhaps coincidentally, perhaps not, he has been tangentially implicated. Pittenger complained back in May, after the primary. Woodhouse

Not this guy

upload_2018-12-6_16-20-5.jpeg

But this guy

Was told by Pittenger and at first forgot when the media contacted him recently. Then he remembered.

Uh huh.

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sitruc repped this.
  4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So we intersected Opioids, apparently illegal campaign contributions and working under the table in just one election. Question is, how many other campaigns/consultants could be doing similar things?

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sitruc repped this.
  6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crosslink with the Media Bias thread...

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The R's have been screaming about voter fraud for years no with no substantial case to support their allegations. It turns out that they are the ones committing egregious elections frauds. People will have to go to jail over this complete charade in NC.

“McCrae Dowless, the man whose ‘get-out-the-vote’ activities are the center of the election fraud investigation in North Carolina, told a local political campaign volunteer that he was holding onto 800 absentee ballots,” according to a new affidavit obtained by NBC News.

“In the signed statement, Kenneth Simmons said that he met Dowless at a local Republican Party meeting in the small town of Dublin. Dublin is located in Bladen County, the epicenter of the election fraud investigation involving absentee ballots. During that interaction, Simmons wrote, he and his wife saw Dowless with a large number of absentee ballots ‘in his possession.’”

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've driven through Dublin. I think the elementary school has a leprechaun out front.

I was talking to someone for work yesterday who works in Bladen County (but lives next to it.) Apparently Dowless has been doing this for 10 years. He did it two elections for the Democrats, the last 3 for the GOPs.

There's some new problem. To me it seems minor, but whatever. Early ballots were opened and counted before the election in Bladen, which is against the law (or against the rules, not sure which.) People who aren't BofE employees saw the count. That's probably why the Bladen BofE employee suddenly resigned. Anyway, the GOPs jumped all over this and are calling for a new election. My guess is that they know there's going to be a new election anyway, and this issue allows them to bothsides it.

Maybe counting the early ballots early is a bigger deal than I think it is. I'm open to persuasion. But I don't see it.

As a side note, Bladen has towns called Bladenboro, Dublin, and Tar Heel. They are not creative.

Deadtigers, sitruc, Hayaka and 2 others repped this.
  9. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Apparently the GOP was messing with ballots in other NC counties as well.

"About a third of the absentee ballots that were requested in Columbus County during the 2018 general election never got returned to the Board of Elections. That's an even higher percentage of missing ballots than the unreturned ballot numbers that raised the red flags in Bladen County." . . . "most of the missing absentee ballots were mailed to registered Democrats."

http://www.wect.com/2018/12/12/concerning-number-absentee-ballots-not-returned-columbus-co/

charlie15 repped this.
  10. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This story goes beyond Bladen County and the 9th NC district. I will engulf the whole state GOP apparatus.

More Ballots Not Returned In North Carolina
    “As evidence mounts of potential election fraud in Bladen County, WECT has learned this may not be an isolated problem.”

“About a third of the absentee ballots that were requested in Columbus County during the 2018 general election never got returned to the Board of Elections. That’s an even higher percentage of missing ballots than the unreturned ballot numbers that raised the red flags in Bladen County.”

11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    So the Republicans told the whole truth about something. The reason they knew that election fraud was going on in this country is because they were committing it.

Deadtigers and dapip repped this.
  12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy howdy.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/nc...-hiring-of-aide-facing-corruption-allegations

"Harris declared after the scandal broke that he was “absolutely unaware of any wrongdoing” by Dowless. But according to the Post, aides told Harris on election night 2016 that something fishy was up with Dowless’s absentee votes — and that seemingly spurred Harris to later hire him, with Harris personally ordering that Dowless be brought onboard."

My emphasis.

Now I laugh at Dallas Woodhouse who insisted Harris couldn't possibly have known because he's a man of God.

Y'all atheists and agnostics have to give us people of faith some respect...y'all aren't held accountable for shit like this when your people do it. We are.

Deadtigers repped this.
  13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Or, we could ask you why are you not doing something to fix the People-of-Faith-on-People-of-Faith crimes...

Deadtigers and soccernutter repped this.
  14. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Joel Osteen is worth $50 million despite being a scam artist who shut out the desperate during a hurricane. Billy Graham was an anti-Semite who prevented his daughters from getting higher education, and he got a state funeral. Also, the whole Catholic Church thing. Religious types aren't really held accountable for hypocrisy.

Also, atheists get blamed for tons of dumb stuff that others do. Stalinism, Great Leap Forward, Columbine, etc. Google "atheist mass shootings," the religious right loves to harp on that.

soccernutter and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not overlook the bold. Dowless is an operative in it for the money, not ideology. And he going to be far from alone considering the billions of dollars that go into elections ever 2-4 years.

Let us also keep in mind that the general consensus has been that if voter fraud occurs, it will be with absentee ballots. And that is what we are witnessing here.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sitruc repped this.
  17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sitruc repped this.
  18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NC Board of Elections tried to get the relevant US attorney to investigate Dowless in January 2017 but he did not. Instead the office pursued prosecution of a handful of non-citizens who had voted.

spejic and sitruc repped this.
  19. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    The US Attorney was a Republicans? What is this of non-citizens voting? Having been undocumented for a time, I know no one willing to chance jail and deportation just to vote.

20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, this was after Trump became POTUS.

Some people are just ignorant of the law.

Deadtigers repped this.
  21. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I assume it must be people with felony convictions and people with green cards not aware of the law but I am still shocked.

22. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    True story, my dad was born in Canada but was adopted and raised in the USA from infancy. He always just assumed he was a citizen. He voted numerous times and lived his life as a regular 'ol dude. He found out in his 70s that he wasn't a citizen.

sitruc, dapip and Deadtigers repped this.
  23. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. It was only 2000 that foreign adoptions automatically came with a US citizenship. I saw a news article a year or two ago about a community of US adoptees in Korea that had been deported because they committed a crime and weren’t citizens. We’re talking about people that had been adopted by Americans as infants/toddles, didn’t speak a bit of Korean, and had no family in Korea..

Deadtigers, sitruc and dapip repped this.
  24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1024 dapip, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    There’s an ongoing case of a Laos(?) refugee, born in a refugee camp, then was raised in the US and murdered someone and will be deported under the new rules.

Ps: didn’t find the article, but he could be from Cambodia...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/world/asia/trump-deport-cambodians.html

sitruc repped this.
  25. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really, it sounds like a fail in our registration process, I guess your dad did not travel much.

I was around 12 when I found out I was a US citizen and was living illegally in Mexico.

Deadtigers and dapip repped this.