The 2011 NBA Playoffs: If you want to crown them, then crown their ass!

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Playboy Red Devil, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm just going based on players that he may have seen play - not based on that stretch of play.

2. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    Okay, with that criteria, here's my list, not in order. I cheated and have 11, because I don't know who to take off- MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird, Stockton, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Isaiah, Kobe, Lebron. Pip's not in the same category as those guys, but he's probably top 20 of that era.

In thinking about this list another question came to mind. Who would be on your top 15-20 list of "could have been great or greater"? I mean a player who was very talented, but something happened to hinder or derail his career, maybe an injury, personal issue or just being on the wrong team. I'm thinking of players like Larry Johnson, Shawn Kemp, Tracy McGrady and Alonzo Mourning. Maybe even a Yao Ming, Sam Bowie or Bill Walton.

3. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always had a special place in my heart for exceptionally skilled big men who just never had the athleticism or commitment to fitness to become a superstar (perhaps due to my personal identification with said players :eek:). I'm thinking of guys like John "Hot Plate" Williams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams_%28basketball,_born_1966%29

4. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Steven A Smith on Mike and Mike this morning said that LeBron is going through some personal issues, which is affecting him on court.

This is just the rumor going around the net... and there is NO validity to it ... so take it for what it is worth. But the rumor is that Rashard Lewis banged LeBron's gf.

Edit - btw, it is me, formally MU Girls Beer Pizza. I changed my name. Also, if you are wondering about my avi and sig, I had a bet with Os_Mutante of this basketball board, and he won.

6. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Did Steven A say it's a rumor or that he believes it's true? He's pretty well plugged in.

That's pretty funny given last year's rumor.

7. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. You can also throw in that rumor that Rashard's teammate Jason Richardson is the father of Jason Kidd's wife baby and that's why he was shipped to Orlando... what is going on with the Magic Kingdom?!?! :p

8. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The only thing Steven said was that he knows there is a personal issue that is affecting his play, but the whole Rasard Lewis thing or that his gf is hooking up with other people is just a rumor.

9. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    Rashard Lewis is still around? I thought he got swallowed by a sinkhole or something.

11. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    The later articles on that site seem to say that the rumor was false and raise a different rumor that maybe it was Steve who was cheating on his wife.

12. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No Dirk? I know he is the enemy right now but the german has been terrific since the arrival to Dallas.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Are people going to create a rumor about some NBA player banging his mom/wife every time LeBron has a bad play-off game? :D

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Lebron was wearing his hipster glasses walking in. That means trouble. But get in there deutsch.

16. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Dallas about to choke this away. Such an offensive game, you'd think this would be Dallas by double digits.

Edit: Dallas up by 5 with momentum and under 1:30 left (ipad typing is slooow).

17. The Boy From School

Apr 1, 2011
    Arizona
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow...that was an exciting game.

Those Dallas 3 pointers were critical.

LeBron didn't come through in the 4th quarter once again.

18. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Why have i not seen any shots of Mark Cuban during the Finals?

19. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    What the heck is up with Lebron in the 4th? So weird.

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Lets not forget that the Lakers found themselves in the exact same position as the Heat right now and they still managed to win the title.

Since winning a game seven on the road is so difficult (only one team has done it in Finals history I believe) this'll either be Mavs in six or Heat in seven now. Although who can make any sort of prediction about this series? :)

Oh and looks like Adande's prediction of the Mavs still being due a good shooting night came true last night. :)

21. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I think Lebron's problem comes down to lack of confidence in his jump shot which has always been his issue in the playoffs. The difference is that he used to try to win games single-handedly by driving every time for Cleveland, and now he's just timidly trying to not lose the game.

He may have the last laugh though if the Heat can reel off two wins at home, which wouldn't be that surprising.

22. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can see them do it as long as Wade is fine... significant impact on the final result due to his absence and not being 100%.

23. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    damienwoody Damien Woody
    If u ask @KingJames for a dollar , he'll only give u 75 cents , he never gives you the fourth quarter #Ouch!!!
    8 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

24. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It's interesting that everyone keeps saying he doesn't know how to play off the ball - like he's Freddy Adu or something.

25. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC