The 2009-2010 NBA Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by CIA, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Is LA big enough for both Kobe and LeBron? :p

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think the Clippers technically could make it work. Of course, that is never going to happen. :p

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Right.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't think you get what me and that Bulls writer is talking about. It would have to be a sign and trade, because Lakers are way way over the cap. So they'd be paying basically what they are today. So the rundown is basically this:

LeBron gives Cleveland two choices:

1. He signs with Knicks and Cavs get nothing. They'll have some cap space but that's irrelevant because no one want's to play there if James is gone.

2. Cleveland get:*
    - Odom $8.22m (very reasonable contract, easily tradable)
    - Artest $6.32m (very reasonable contract, easily tradable)
    - Farmar $2.87m (very reasonable contract, easily tradable)
    - two unprotected draft picks in 2012 and 2014
    - $3mil.

Which one would you take? Cavs would be dumb to not take door number two.

Odom and Artest are both the type of players they could never sign with their cap space if they let James go. If they re-sign Shaq or Illgauskas they'll still be contenders in the East and be under the luxery tax.

We all know James want's Cleveland to get something back. Plus James wants to win a Championship and Lakers are the only guarantee to get him multiple rings. If he leaves this is his and Clevelands absolute best option.

*Lakers would be sending $17.41m to Cavs and can take back maximum $21.76m.

LeBrons contract would look something like this:

Year 1: $17.15m
    Year 2: $18.86m
    Year 3: $20.75m
    Year 4: $22.83m
    Year 5: $25.11m
    Year 6: $27.62m

Total: $132.31m

1 person likes this.
  5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The thing about him going to the Clippers is if he wins a NBA Championship with Clippers he will probably go down as the best player in basketball history. Maybe the greatest athlete in the history of the world. :D

6. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    doubt it.

7. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No way Stern is going to allow Kobe and LeBron to be on the same team. They would be unstoppable :eek: :p

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think the complete opposite. Who would not watch that team play? The ratings would be sickly. It would be like the Superbowl every game :cool:

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Iverson is waived by Memphis Phil Jackson should give him a call and ask if he would be willing to play 20 minutes a game to get a ring. It's one thing to come off the bench for Memphis, and a completely different thing to back up Kobe and Fish and have a chance at getting that ring before he retires. Lakers seriously need some back-up guards right now who can come in and bring something to the game. Farmar and Vujacic are not getting the job done. Iverson would be a awesome weapon along with Odom off the bench.

10. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You want 'The (c)Answer'?

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If he was OK with the role he'd have, then yes. No doubt.

12. forzaboston

forzaboston New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Washington, DC
    after watching tonights game on league pass...maybe GSW would be interested in AIs services...maybe swing a trade

13. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    why trade for a player that is sure to be released?

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    If he's willing to take a Marbury-to-the-Celtics type contract, they'd be stupid not to do it. But I'm not sure that is the case right now...

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He signed with Memphis for $3m. Right now Iverson could care less about money.

16. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We shall see at the end of the year.

17. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I should have read the link. I saw Lebron to LA and the 1st thing that popped into my head was no way that can happen.

If you think this may actually happen than keep dreaming. Lebron will never go to a team where he's the #2 guy. His ego is to big for that.

NY will offer the most money but it will be up to him if he wants to come and play with a bunch of scrubs..

And Duck do you really see Lebron in Lakers uniform next year?? It would look nice for Laker fans but it's never going to happen.

I can see Dirk or Amare in a Laker uniform next year before Lebron.

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lakers won't break up this team for Dirk or Amare.

Anyway, it's up to LeBron what he wants. Does he want to be A) one of the greatest winners in NBA history, or does he want to be remembered as B) another loser ala Karl Malone. If he wants A he goes to LA. If he wants B then he can sign with New York or stay in Cleveland or whatever he's thinking. It's basically down to priorites. Lakers can offer the same money as Cleveland can. NYK can not if they offer him a FA deal.

And besides, he would only be the second option in the clutch. Kobe is 31 and in two years this would be LeBrons team. Kobe could take a step back and be a 22ppg guy for three championships before he retires. I think carrying Kobe to his 8th, 9th and 10th ring wouldn't look bad on James' resume. James would have five rings at 30 and that beats Jordans pace comfortably. If he goes to Knicks we all know that's not possible.

So like I said, it's all down to if James wants to be remembered as a winner or a loser.

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Isn't LeBron far more likely to join Wade in Miami?

20. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    LeBron claims he's going to switch from #23 to #6 next season to honor MJ.

21. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The dopes won't sign him!!!

Knicks Decide Not to Pursue Iverson - N.Y. Times

22. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    the plan is 2010 and that free agent class. This year means nothing.

Gallinari is the only one on the Knicks thats gauranteed a spot on the team next year. If they can unload Curry then you can be sure that the knicks will sign 2 players to max contracts and see from there who fits in with the team. This team is going to be completly rebuilt next year.

Nobody in NY gives a shit about the knicks this year. It's all about next year. This is why Donnie Walsh is in NY.

23. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It's a mistake to not give NY'ers a reason to show up.