the 1991-92 Serie A season

Discussion in 'Italy' started by dor02, Jul 16, 2005.

1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at those names in the goal-scorers list. Wow. This was when Italy had by far the best teams and the best players.

- Paul

3. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Milan's win against Foggia on the last day is one of the greatest games ever.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ive mentioned that game before. zeman is absolutely the coolest coach ever. zaccheria was erupting and he was just standing there with a grin as they went up 2-1. it all fell appart in the second half though as gullit had four assists. anyway, the best serie a game ive ever seen was milans 5-0 win over napoli that same season. ive never seen a team get toyed with like that before. and napoli was one of the absolute best teams in italy at that time. rijkaards goal was voted the best goal of the season that year. i dont think this was the best serie a season though. milan was just too good.

5. ENZO!82

ENZO!82 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Caserta - Italy
    i think that was the Italian Serie A Championship best in the Story of Italian Calcio ever. ;) i'm not a Milan supporter but i can confirm this thesis!
    there were the best clubs,the best players and good talents too....
    the Milan was really Galatic....

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    actually milan was better after this. adding papin, the most lethal striker in the world, after that season. he sucked with milan though. go figure.

7. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Atalanta vs Foggia in round 28 must have been one of the best draws ever. 4-4! Wow! There were some very good high-scoring draws judging from those stats.

8. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was only saying that it would be one of those seasons that rank among the best ever. Which season do you think is the best ever? I'll get some stats on that season and create a different thread.

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    actually, i think this last season was a pretty good one. it was very open until the last couple games when milan had given up. being even on points after 34 rounds is pretty tight.

10. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What I liked about the last season was that Udinese and Lecce were involved in some high-scoring matches, there were the two matches in a row where Livorno conceded six goals in each match and one of the best matches in that season would have to be Inter vs Sampdoria. Doria were up 2-0 after 84 minutes then within the last few minutes, Inter caught up and won 3-2.

Going back to 1991-92, Sampdoria vs Inter in the fourth round seems like a very good clash. 4-0 to Sampdoria with Lombardo getting a double.

11. zixuanowen

zixuanowen BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 3, 2005
    I think season 92-93 was even better, it's the best one for me. :)