Luca Before You Leap: de la Torre at Celta Vigo

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 25, 2013.

?

What should we rename the Luca de la Torre thread?

1. Luca’s Labour’s Lost? de la Torre at Celta Vigo

10 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. My name is Luca, I live in the Second Team: De La Torre at Celta Vigo

17 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Luca's Labour (not) Lost: Luca de la Torre at Celta Vigo

14 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Luca Before you Leap: Luca de la Torre at Celta Vigo

51 vote(s)
    55.4%
  1. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think so.

2. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There’s been some FC Utrecht rumors.

gjackson2207 repped this.
  3. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    That would be a solid, yet unspectacular step up. Still, if it would mean regular playing time, and avoiding a relegation battle in a bigger league, that would be fine.

4. Within FC Twente circles he's talked about as the kind of player they miss.
    Dunno if there's real interest, but it would be a good move in my opinion.

5. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    glutton4Bolts, Winoman and BostonRed repped this.
  6. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

De la Torre gets team of the week honors in three Dutch publications Voetbal premier, Telegraaf and AdSportwereld.

7. FC Twente coach comment in VP's rating:
    Luca de la Torre (Heracles Almelo)
    "If you look purely at football, there were today (Saturday, ed.) few moments to enjoy. But on the bench we also said to each other: damn, that's a good player." Was signed, Ron Jans, coach of FC Twente after the derby against rival Heracles. The Almeloërs are going through a sporty colorless and incident-overshadowed season, but De la Torre has been on a good run for months. Will he still play in Erve Asito next season?
    [​IMG]

DeCoverley, CyphaPSU, Dervos and 12 others repped this.
  8. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Keep up us up to date feyenoordsoccerfan. Most of us appreciate your posts and insight, I am very excited to see LDLT garnering such interest. The health of a footballing nation isn’t just about big name teams and stars. Meat and potato guys in quality leagues who are respected and can contribute are a true sign of health. I hope Cole can follow in his footsteps and I suspect he will.

9. Actually I'm very interested in what's happening at PSV this summer.
    They've got the Mexican Guti in the midfield. Last year way before the winterbreak Mexican fans were already talking/complaining about him being the first Mexican to fail at PSV/Eredivisie and he should move on. I had a good laugh about that and posted they were far too pessimistic about him and the coach has faith in him. Guti came back and is now undisputed in the team. It's rumoured in Eindhoven he might move with the coach to Benfica.
    I'm curious if Luca might be on PSV's list of replacements candidates.

10. Comment of the rater of Telegraaf Telesport:
    MIDFIELD
    "Luca de la Torre of Heracles Almelo is in it. A real ball conqueror, but both with and without the ball he is good. In his passing, in his dribbles and he is technically skilled. He almost compensated on his own that Heracles played quite early with one less man against Twente. He did a fantastic job."

11. Heracles has contracted the assistent coach of Pep Guardiola as replacement of Frank Wormuth
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...pep-guardiola-als-nieuwe-hoofdcoach~ae3f7d24/
    Heracles Almelo strikt assistent van Pep Guardiola als nieuwe hoofdcoach

Na een Duitser krijgt Heracles nu een Spanjaard als trainer. De 39-jarige Carlos Vicens wordt de opvolger van Frank Wormuth. Hij is nu nog assistent van Pep Guardiola bij Manchester City. De voormalige leraar van Mallorca tekent een contract voor 2 jaar met een optie voor nog een jaar.

Sportredactie 05-05-22, 17:49

Heracles Almelo snaps up assistant to Pep Guardiola as new head coach

After a German, Heracles now gets a Spaniard as a trainer. The 39-year-old Carlos Vicens will succeed Frank Wormuth. He is still assistant to Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. The former mallorcan teacher signs a contract for 2 years with an option for another year. Sports editors 05-05-22, 17:49

BostonRed, Scotty, ChicagoVT and 2 others repped this.
  12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  14. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great season for Luca.. but it's been a very rough stretch for him and the team the past two games. Worst of the season.

15. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is by far the worst season for them in the last 8 years. They'd always finished top 10 in that span. Still at moderate risk of relegation.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Big match today. Need a result of some kind at home.

The good news? Even if Heracles somehow get relegated I am certain LDLT will at least find a home in the Eredivisie next season. To many of our relegated players simply are not valuable enough or good enough to be picked up elsewhere. IOW’s they were part of the problem. LDLT isn’t.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  17. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Results not going their way so far. Sittard leads. 2 points behind Heracles.
    They are 0-0 against the other team 2 points behind them even though they are outshooting them 9-0. Better not give up a flukey goal.
    Wish ESPN+ had this.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  18. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    S**t just got real.

Down 1-0 at half after taking 13 first half shots.

They are officially in the relegation zone as things stand.

There is a playoff, right?

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Relegation playoff it is then.

Pretty epic late season collapse.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Holy s**t!!! Didn’t realize Willem 2 also won.

Straight relegation.

Just wow.

Scratch that. Games just ended and table updates confused me. Whew. Playoff.

21. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luca actually had an assist late in the game with his team down 3-0. It finished 3-1.

Ive watched a lot of the past 3 games. Not sure what happened. Luca’s form has fallen off drastically (to be fair, same for most of the team). This is by far the worst he has played since arriving in Holland.

I agree that if Heracles goes down, he’ll stay with an Eredivisie team on the balance of an overall good season. But if he struggles in the playoff, it could/should hurt his value a bit.

you have to watch Luca to like him. If you’re just looking at stats, 1g & 1a over 31 Eredivisie games for a relegation playoff team doesn’t stand out. That’s why I think he’ll stay in Holland. People there have watched him more

22. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    The lack of even semi-concrete transfer rumors is concerning to me. We have not even heard the really weak "is being monitored by" reports, have we? I really hope Heracles can figure out how to stay up because otherwise it feels like a season (at least) in the Eerste Divisie is likely on the cards for young Luca. Hope I'm wrong.

23. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there a lot of transfer rumors about slightly above average Eredivisie players moving from a relegated team to a mid table team? It’s a pretty low profile move that usually happens quietly.

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  24. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heracles join the “semifinals” of the promotion/relegation playoffs today. First leg at Excelsior Rotterdam, who finished 6th in the Eerste Divisie.

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts: