The €ristiano Ronaldo Thread [R] Part €9[4 million] - #1 Huslta gettin money

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ---Z---, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breadman

Breadman New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Playing a key position, and being the best player on a team are too totally different things. Xavi happens to be the best player at, one of the most important positions in football, but at the same time is the second best player on the team. You probably have missed the few games his form dipped, or he was'nt as dominate as today(happens to all class players).

And if this was the only match I watched of barca, I would think that Xavi is better than great.

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Not on my part, I've been watching his second fiddle performances viz-a-viz Messi for a couple of seasons now, and I believe he demoted himself as a player
    further this season for all the reasons already stated here in this thread.
    Am I saying that CR is not a top player ? No, I'm not . But , I'd be too generous to say he's a 1st or even 2nd top player.

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah I dont think CR will win another POTY award. His time has come and past. they will all be going to messi, and I think Barcelona will dominate the Champions league for years with the setup they have atm.

why leave man united anyways... they actually have stability real madrid is a circus of epic fail and It will be hilarious seeing Barcelona lift the CL in their own stadium I hope they eat humble pie and use their money more wisely.

Even the ref was favoring those ********** from madrid who actually think they have a good team when all they do is play like individuals when they should be enjoying the game the fact they are rich and play for a great football club and play ********ing football when most of us are digging holes and stacking bricks at work..

now we need to look for the next star of Portugal. CR is a flop, who will be the next one? ... my guess CARLOS SALEIRO:D

Barcelona is the greatest team in the world. too bad there are no Portugal internationals on that team.

In truth CR did not have the best support today and was really one of real madrid's best players but it was sickening to see him get owned by Pique like that. Figo in his prime would have sat his ass on the floor with his dribbling TECHNIQUE

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I never thought Id say this but even Rooneh might be better than CR

im disapointed in CR, everytime he comes up against another "best player int he world" in a head to head match he gets pwn3d liek a little bitch like when he plays against Kaka AC Milan team and when he played against Messi in CL and now in el clasico.

he can do better than this, needs to remember his sporting days when he was more elegant with the ball at his feet. The shitty EPL turned him more into too much of a direct player relying on physicality and pace.

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Agreed, but it may be irreversible damage by now.

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Bolded part is absolutely true. Xavi is the best playmaker since Zidane and he can still arguably surpass him.

However Messi is Barca's best player. There is simply no dening this if you have watched Barca throughout this season. He has carried the team on his back even when Xavi wasn't playing.

7. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think this is a knee-jerk reaction....he wont win another Player of the year award? Too soon to say that.....He will most likely finish 2nd or 3rd in the rankings this year which is still a great achievement.

8. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    the way Arjen Robben is playing, he might even get more consideration for WPOTY than Ronaldo, especially if he has a good WC with Netherlands.

9. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I think it's reality check . See the trees from the forest. The fat lady has sung.

10. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Even though I agree that C. Ronaldo lost some of his early technique, he compensates with other skills. Problem is, RM are a shattered team that rely to heavily on individualism. Is it just me or Pellegrini is way one dimensional in his game?

Marcelo played great and yet he subbed him out. The center duo is horrible to watch, it's sickening how a team like RM doesn't spend a dime in the defensive area. F. Gago is very inconsistent. Xabi Alonso is bloody overrated and alway was. All that is left to build is through the flanks, leaving C. Ronaldo the hard task of doing things he's no longer great at with no support at all!

If he thought that M. United's team didn't have much potential, this RM seems to me far worse. There are alot of overrated players there and again they will be making a drastic transformation next season.

Here's a note worthy of attention.
    Barcelona played yesterday with 8 players that were from the local academy. Yet, RM spent hundreds of millions and months later they resort to the good old Guti and Raúl.
    Ironic, isn't it?

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    1. Messi
    2. Rooney
    3. Xavi
    4. Ronaldo

That's how it is but if Ronaldo doesn't score often then you can take his name off the list. Gone are the days when every attack goes through him or is created by him. He is Lazy and spends more time looking at the refs then looking to get into space for his team.

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wasn't Raul in the Atletico Madrid academy and was a fan, then sold out for Real?

13. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    You haven't watched Real Madrid play. _Everything_ goes through him. He ran into space all the time yesterday and got the ball plenty. From there he took his shots and got his crosses in. Barcelona (esp. Pique) played him very well - kept up with him pace for pace and didn't allow him to cut inside to the right foot.

BTW, despite all the hype going into the game, neither Ronnie nor Messi played particularly flashy soccer. They were both consummate team-players - neither dribbled much 1-on-1. They basically just ran into the open space and distributed the ball to teammates. Neither tried to be superman which is a sign that they recognize this is a team sport, not Playstation. If Ronaldo had tried to play like he did when he first came up at MU, he would be on the bench rather than on the starting lineup of RM. Those dribbles, cross-overs work against Bolton but not against Barca...

14. REAL_BOLA

REAL_BOLA New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    everyone in here ... relax. Do you Realize who was the other team ? Barcelona is the best team in the World, better than Brazil and Spain and everyone else. The fact is Messi has incredible supporting cast that have been together for years whereas Cr9 has only played for a season. Messi has outshined Ronnie for now, give Real Madrid a season more and posts here in this form will be different. Messi is the best, he is a great player but Cristiano Ronaldo is just as great, just relax there is still some tournament coming up that may yet have CR7 shine;)

15. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol you are so stupid. Real Madrid lost not only because Barca is amazing but also because the team is full of overpaid mercenaries.

Also to the guy that says C. Ronaldo is a team player is wrong. Everytime I watch a real madrid match it seems like C. Ronaldo always wants the balls and hogs it by doing some sort of fancy footwork then diving and looking at the ref.

Fake Ronaldo is no where near Messi. Messi is a team player, he doesn't cry to the ref or dive at all. He is more mature and the funny thing is he's only 22 and fake ronaldo is 25.

16. Sinstar

Sinstar Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol. Clearly you watch niether Madrid nor United.

Rooney couldn't score a good goal to save his anal virginity.

17. Sinstar

Sinstar Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Team players are never as good as players who can do it themselves. Messi gets amazing service, Ronaldo plays with clowns like Marcelo and VDV

18. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    even so, Ronaldo is still a heck of alot better than any shitty weak ass player korea ever produced and will ever produce

19. Sinstar

Sinstar Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The best part is that this guy probably wanted CR's dong when he played at United.

20. Breadman

Breadman New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    For the most part your correct, there is a stark difference between their respective mid - fields. Although,that also has a lot to do with Xabi and kaka not being what they were hyped up to be, but I would argue that denied the service Messi has been able to do what CR hasn't, and that is put the team on his back and win crucial games by himself.

But your right team players are "usually" never as good as players who can do it themselves. But an important part of being individually talented is knowing when to turn it on and off.

In every sport all the "greats" know when to play the "team game", and when to take the game by the head and win it themselves. Yesterday's "Classico" is a great example of this, the entire game he was trying to do it himself, to the detriment of the team.

21. Sinstar

Sinstar Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Xabi has been good IMO, not Kaka

22. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lionel Messi's upstaging of Cristiano Ronaldo was the central talking point in the Spanish media after Barcelona's 2-0 win over Real Madrid at the Bernabéu last night.

"Leo makes a fool of Cristiano in the clash of the stars" was the headline in the Catalan daily Sport after the Argentinian had followed up his four-goal demolition of Arsenal in midweek with the crucial opening goal for Barça against their biggest rivals.

By contrast Real's Ronaldo, Messi's predecessor as world player of the year, could only manage a couple of shots and a small array of stepovers and flicks.

Angry Madrid supporters also whistled the Portuguese late in the match, suggesting they have yet to be convinced he is worth the record €94m (£82m) Real paid Manchester United for him last summer. "Too much Messi for CR9," was the headline in today's Madrid-based Marca sports daily.

Barça's 2-0 victory put the champions three points clear at the top of La Liga with seven games to go.

"All the fans have the same feeling right now: the sceptre for the best player in the world is Messi's – and it could be for a long time to come," the Marca columnist Roberto Palomar wrote, reflecting on the fact that Real could now finish the season without a trophy.

The 22-year-old Messi is La Liga's top scorer with 27 goals to Ronaldo's 18.

Sport trumpeted Messi's superiority. "Lionel Messi showed yesterday in the Bernabéu that the second-best player in the world is light years from his level," the paper said. "As Leo was attempting to add to his goal tally, Cristiano was lost on the pitch, making pointless runs and expressing his rage with angry, excessive gestures.

"Ronaldo had to resign himself to the fact that his reign in the football world has ended and that's that."

However, writing in As today, JJ Santos noted that Ronaldo's runs on Saturday had been generally ineffective and had left the 25-year-old exhausted.

"Cristiano turned into a roadrunner chasing shadows," Santos said. "By the time he found space and had the ball he was already exhausted and had to watch in despair as a genius like Messi destroyed Pellegrini's defensive network.

"And even harder to take than the defeat must have been the fact that the fans whistled him for the first time."

Palomar noted in Marca: "He ran, he used up all his fuel, but he was isolated and erratic. He tried from all directions but scarcely had chances to test Valdes, at whom he fired off only a couple of shots that didn't even warm the goalkeeper's hands."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/11/lionel-messi-cristiano-ronaldo

23. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    l0lzzz

Hopefully this teaches him to become more of a team player.

24. REAL_BOLA

REAL_BOLA New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Your an idiot. Your just jealous that your team can't get or keep great players, have fun watching Chelsea lift the trophy this year you wanker. There is only one Ronaldo and it aint the fat one!

25. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Your country is North Korea and you support Manchester United? Sounds like the typical EPL fanboy you see all around the world.