The €ristiano Ronaldo Thread [R] Part €9[4 million] - #1 Huslta gettin money

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ---Z---, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breadman

Breadman New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Keep in mind I said durations. Real are better with Ronaldo, but to claim they are as dependant on him this season as Barca are on Messi is just crazy.

2. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    sh!t. he seems hurt

3. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Surprise, surprise. Messi to Xavi, Xavi to Messi. Goal.

Meanwhile, Ronnie had 2-3 chances to beat Pique with speed and couldn't get past him. Then, he spent the rest of the half limping around the field. Wouldn't surprise me if he's done for the day.

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo is still the best player in the world

because I dont count Messi as a player. hes an alien or something, just too good

5. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    You know? Forget about Messi and Ronaldo. Give the award to Xavi. He's sick. If Barcelona finished all his passes, it would be 4-0 by now.

6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I don't want to discredit Messi at all, but its difficult to bring up just one player when considering Barcelona. Watching them right now, they are simply too good, for any team. Their ability with the ball is just amazing, and when they don't have it they're so compact in defense. Xavi's passing is straight up sublime.

With all that said, Real Madrid suck bigtime. They don't even look like a team.

7. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just think Messi is something else. What a finish for that goal.

And Ronaldo didn't get any help today at all. Madrid looked bad

8. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    I agree with everything you said. Barcelona's team play is incredible. The way the ball just bounces around the field, I feel exhausted just imagining what it must feel like for the other team.
    This game looked exactly like Champions league final vs MU. Messi pretty quiet but scored his goal. Ronaldo has flashes here and there but can't put the team on his shoulders. Meanwhile, Barcelona gives a masterclass of team soccer while Xavi plays Master of Puppets.

Messi played well - classy finish on 1st goal but was denied in a couple of very good chances in 2nd half; Ronaldo played above average - not terrible, not supernatural either. In particular, he could NOT get past Pique. But he still made a lot of good passes and crosses and ran around the pitch trying to create stuff. It was very similar to some of his games for the NT during qualies; team play was nearly non-existant - pretty much "pass to Ronaldo and see what happens". Higuain barely touched the ball.
    Xavi - incredible. The guy is just 2 steps ahead of everybody. His passes are telepathic. Sublime passes for both goals and he set up 2 others that somehow didn't go in.

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    no real madrid arent a team its clear as day egos have taken over...

when I watch them I get the feeling there is division, Ronaldo wasnt supported all that well today some players in the team do not look to pass him the ball (Higuain, Alonso, Ramos)

the ones who pass him the ball more are Kaka (injured) and marcelo...

almost seems like some kind of split between spanish/argentines and brasilians/portuguese.

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    anyways good, WC is Ronaldo's last and only straw for any respectability.

Cmon Ronaldo, welcome back to Portugal:D

11. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The only good thing about Rela Madrid this season is providing motivation for Ronaldo in the World Cup...and healing Pepe fantastically well, because he will participate in their last 3 games:D

Chelsea should take note.

Also, Real Madrid's coach is an idiot.

You guys believe Ronaldo is going to have a big world cup?

12. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Sure about that? Sounds plausible in theory, but don't see much evidence of it. If anything, Ronaldo saw plenty of the ball whereas Higuain didn't get a sniff of it today. Ramos and Ronaldo were playing on opposite sides of the field most of the game. Xabi was not particularly interested in even playing the ball - he spent most his time trying to take off limbs in midfield (it's a miracle Real ended the game with 11 - Barcelona is going back black & blue). Higuain couldn't pass to Ronaldo because he never saw it. And in past games I've certainly seen some chemistry developing between Hig. and Ronaldo - some beautiful give & gos, etc...

13. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I really do, he hasnt played all that many games this season as he normally would and does not have an injury (i.e. at euro 2008 he was playing injury on pain killing injections and came off a long and gruelling season)

plus the WC will be a welcomed escape from the circus and disapointment at real madrid

14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yes today higuain was poorly serviced but I watched most of real madrid games this season and that is what my observations have led me to believe.

15. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    knock on wood. Hopefully he didn't pick up something today. He spend the later part of the 1st half limping.

16. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    After today's game, I'm not sure if CR should even be considered the #2 best player.

17. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    wow...Ronaldo has absolutely NO TOUCH on the ball. TOTALLY doesn't know how to deke past a defender, a shame really. I don't think he will ever win another player of the year award. Messi just has a natural touch on the ball. There was one point early in the game where Ronaldo went past two defenders and TOTALLY screwed up and kicked the ball WAY too far, I mean talk about having no touch but that was atrocious, I see house leaguers with a better touch.He really has to work on that part of his game. Also find he does make the right decisions but it takes him a bit too long and by that time the defenders already know what he's gonna do.PS if he's gonna play like that, get the F off the NT.Thank You.

18. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    RM= Failure.

still cant believe they have MP as coach. and there defence sucks. Pepe is the glue in that defence.

19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

CR9 didn't have a good game but neither did RM. They were crap. The few times CR9 had the ball, the RM players didn't run up to support him. RM didn't stand a chance today.

Not sure how Van der Vaart has a place on this team. I mena, he doesn't really add much and missed a breakaway too :eek: It looked like he was scared and just blindly kicked the ball....

20. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I'm not a CR9 fanboy by any means but it's not fair to judge a player by just one game.

Let's face it, Messi is amazing but Xavi is the Barcelona's best player. He completly dominates the midfield and how many times has he fed Messi unreal passes?

Xavi deserves more recognition.

21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Agreed. I could have easily said that today's game's really just one more example.

22. Sinstar

Sinstar Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol the knee-jerk reactions on CR are hilarious

23. Breadman

Breadman New Member

Apr 9, 2010

Xavi is an huge part of the puzzle but he's not there best player, he's there best play maker. Was this match the only Barca game you've watched all season?

24. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

25. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Best play maker on a team is a key part of the team. Every Barca game's i've watched this season, Xavi has made great passes. I guess i must miss all his bad games....

If this was the only barca match i've watched all season, i wouldn't think Xavi was that great...