Thats not the replica jersey is it?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by tmas, Sep 14, 2003.

1. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    http://www.mlsgear.com/search_results.asp?keyword=MLSWAS

3rd row down, far right. Is that the replica jersey? A few months ago the replica looked almost like a regular United jersey but now its not. I'm wondering cause i want to get one and want to know exactly what I'm getting.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah, that's the replica. If you live near a Modell's you can get it cheaper. Speaking of the jersey, I noticed on the replay of last nights game that quite a few players cut out the liner behind the mesh.

3. Sofia

Sofia New Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Silver Spring. MD
    I would say the one on the left is the replica. The one on the right with the white sides- does not look like the jerseys the team wears on a regular basis.

4. Rick77

Rick77 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't the one on the right the new home jersey -- replacing the one on the left -- which last I heard would be introduced around Christmas? Either that's not it, or someone decided to sell it early (or somebody screwed up the website).

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    My bad. The one on the far left is the replica home jersey. The one on the right is just a training jersey. Just look at the price. For $29.95 you're not going to get a game jersey.

6. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they probably shouldn't use the word replica there, but rather "Inexpensive United Shirt made of Nylon and Polyester". That is not this years, nor will it be next years.

7. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    Did we play against San Jose with replica jerseys? I noticed they did not have the MasterCard logo anymore. Am I missing something?

8. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Haven't had the MC logo since the 2000 season.

9. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who else has clean jerseys (No Ads) The MetroScats?

10. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm just glad that they got away from the white tops with red sides and black shorts look. Really didn't like those at all. So the stars represent a championship? Some of the highlights have the white tops with only 2 stars and I thought that maybe they were pre 1999. Any Ideas???

11. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Management wanted the star in the badge to count so they only included 2. That was rectified after debate.

12. Rick77

Rick77 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanx. Does anyone have a link to the new home jersey? I couldn't find the old thread.