That was a surprise [results from Liverpool-Arsenal]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by bbrex, Nov 28, 2004.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Arsenal's confidence has to be shattered right now... they have 2 tough matches coming up with suspended player/s against Rosenborg and against Chelsea... if they feel like the world is against them (like Wenger likes to pretend) they might draw or lose to a gritty Rosenborg team and that could be curtains for them in Europe, that would only lead to a further loss of confidence and we all know how important that is to a team.

As for the goal... My word... my thoughts were that it was from nigh 30 yards but some here say 25... whatever it was it was superb and had just the right amount of swerve - I already called it my goal of the season already in another thread.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    But, thats precisely why it was a great game to watch ;)

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, i've got a feeling in me bones as well.

*turns up the heat.

:p

4. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    Ironically, Viera may have been availble for the Chelsea game if he had gotten a red, because those suspensions start immediately. What are Arsenal going to do without Edu, Gilberto, and Viera? You can change your formation, but how can you change it so you're not playing with central midfielders?

5. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Yeah! I told Arsenal they would lose to United in October(sick), to Liverpool in November(dead) and to Chelsea in December(burried).

I also told them Bergkamp would soon show his age.

I went on telling them. The top form they had, earlier this season was nothing but coca cola's gas. It furiuosly explodes out of the bottle and then it calms down, and that is when you drink the soda.

I couldn't remind them this in their forum because they are so mad right now.

6. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Actually they were very lucky yesterday. If Pool had their top strikers, Arsenal could have gone down by a bigger margin. For most part Pool played like they had no strikers.

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    So....how do you see the rest of the season shaping up for Chelsea then?

8. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wow ZANI... you are definitely a top class pundit. The BBC hasn't come calling yet? :rolleyes:

Generally I've been impressed on this thread with the amount of "we havent won yet" talk... based on your current form, and ours, I honestly cant see you losing the title, and you definitely have grounds for optimism, even for some taunting (though I know that exists elsewhere...)

That said in defense of Arsenal, we traditionally have a dip in form in November, and as strong as you are right now I cant see you keeping up this form for the rest of season. As far as we're concerned, it cant get any worse than this, and I am confident a good result in the CL next week will relaunch the campaign.

Unfortunately, the big match in two weeks time could decide the race, and that worries me. We will be coming off a make or break game against Rosenborg and your starters will be well rested. So again advantage Chelsea. Regardless of who ultimately wins though, I hope it stays close until the end.

9. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    We gotta win the next two games. And there will be no stopping us!

10. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Believe me Arsenal are not going through any dip in form. They are declining. The disaster started in sept 24th. That was not november!
    They better do something in January transfer window.

11. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    out of the 3 main contenders i hope u guys can win the league.
    arsenal, whats more to say i hate the c*nts

in my mind you deserve it so far, evrybody talks about arsenals team spirit and togetherness, well that only seems to happen when they are 2 up against crappy opposition. as they say when the going gets tough the tough get goin, and thats whats happened to arsenal.
    how great is it to see cocky lil w*anker henry not get the rub of the green!

all i say is make sure you win this league

o and keep away from our stevie too ;)

12. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Hey! I wouldn't count Pool out. If they keep playing like they did yesterday. They still have a big chance. Arsenal were completely outplayed yesterday.

13. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    it was ONE of the best games of the year in my opinion.if you had read my quote which you had used,you would have seen i said it was an open and flowing game for 92 minutes,which it was and also had three of the best goals so far this year.

a depleated liverpool side harrased and hustled arsenal all over that pitch yesterday and made it difficult for your lot to play the way they wanted to.the fact arsenal could'nt get any shots off on goal is testament to that fact.

yesterday from the start or after the equaliser that liverpool team could have droped their heads and let arsenal play and probably lose at home.but no they kept their cool and fought hard for each other while aresnal were loseing theirs and starting to moan at each other.

and watching all that unfold as a neutral was great entertainment,compared to the newcastle everton match before hand,it was 10 times more exciteing to watch.

14. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I would hardly call loosing 2 games in the season to date a disaster Zani.

1 Chelsea 11 3 1 27 6 21 36
    2 ARSENAL 9 4 2 39 20 19 31

Arsenal may not be playing their best football ever, but it is still better than 18 other teams in the league. Normally speaking a team with 31 points would be top by November...

The current league standing are a reflection on Chelsea's outstanding results thus far, and NOT as a result of some collapse at Highbury.

15. bbrex

bbrex New Member

May 9, 2003
    College Station, TX
    That's true, though I'm not one to talk trash much anyway. However, I plan on enjoying that five point lead as much as humanly possible, all the while knowing that five points is by no means an unsurmountable lead.