Thanks to all the great Quakes players & coaches, and, bon voyage...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Quakes05, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    ...we're gonna miss you and we thank you for a season that was practically magical. You guys did us all proud and we wish you nothing but success as you try to adjust to your new (albeit somewhat muggy) environment.

Thanks guys for all the memories...you'll always be OUR Quakes!

2. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Earthquakes for meaning so much to me and my family. We sweat your sweat, we felt your pain, and best of all we cherished your victories, your heart and your dedication to this beautiful game. We will miss you deeply.

I wish only the best to all of you....go get em boys!

Eddie - Kick a lot of people for me k?

3. LizAFC

LizAFC New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    San Jose
    Thanks guys, it was a great ride. You were always a class act and made us proud. Good luck, we'll never forget you!

4. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    From my family, my friends and myself....Thank you for everything.

You brought many families together every weekend, you showed all my youth players over the years how to be a REAL team, you ALWAYS stayed late into the night to sign autographs and talk to each and evryone of them......

Thank you.

5. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Quakes were always very accessible, friendly, and provided a great value. Thanks to Jimmy Conrad, Richard Mulrooney and Joe Cannon, especially. Great memories and a great team.

6. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    What an approachable bunch of wonderful guys the Quakes players have been. I've always appreciated everything you've done for us fans. It's too bad that everyone in professional sports isn't like you.

7. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you:

Joe Cannon
    Richard Mulrooney
    Wade Barrett
    Troy Dayak
    Jimmy Conrad
    Dominic Kinnear
    Frank Yallop
    John Doyle
    Eddie Robinson
    Jon Conway
    Abdul Thompson Conteh
    Oscar Draguicevich
    Richard Gough
    Ronald Cerritos
    Paco Uribe
    Eddie Lewis
    Braeden Cloutier
    David Kramer
    Tim Hanley
    Russ Call
    Brian Holmes
    Dwayne DeRosario
    Landon ******** Donovan
    Ramiro Corrales
    Manny Lagos
    Eric Wynalda
    Brian Quinn
    Peter Bridgwater
    Tom Neale
    Johnny Moore
    Rodrigo Faria
    Chris Roner
    Ronnie Ekelund
    Craig Waibel
    Brian Ching
    Brad Davis
    Jeff Agoos
    Victor Mella

and everyone beyond this stream of conciousness list of names that came to mind.

8. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff Baicher
    Lawrence Lazzano
    Tim Martin
    Shawm Medved
    David Kramer

....Maynard and Janeane (I know not a player and they've already left the Quakes, but...

9. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Although I don't know any of the players or coaches in person, they are like friends and family to me. I saw them every week at the stadium and on TV. We talked about them every day and looked forward to see them at the end of the week. My gf and I rushed to the outside of the locker room to see the players up close after each game. I never ever asked for autographs from anyone or any celebrity, but only the very approachable SJ players. I remember talking to Brian Mullen, Craig, Waibel, Ian Russell, Pat Onstad and others at the downtown rally. I remember going to the practice and scrimage. It was like see my friends practicing. These friendly players made us feel that we were really part of the whole family..and not just players and fans. We not only support team, we care about it. That's why we are angry, sad...etc.

Thanks for showing us that we had a team that was worth rooting for. Your will to fight against all the obstacles in these years had really helped me when I was going through very tough time. Believing and doing the best. You may only think it is your career or passion to play soccer. You don't know how much impact you have had, not only to the kids, but to an adult like me.

We may or may not get another SJ team. I will support my local team if there will be one. However, even if none of the former Sj players will be playing for SJ again, I will still support you as a person and wish you the best...because you are always my friends and family. I look forwrd to cheer for any of you when your name comes out of the PA in SJ again.

10. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Thank you Quakes, for giving us all and more of what we could have ever asked of you. It's not going to be easy for any of us to get over losing you as a team, but we will always silently be rooting you on behind in the stands.

Thank you for everything.

11. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    my eyes, my eyes, I got something in 'em

12. Roblar

Roblar Member

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    I'd definitely like to add my voice in saying "Thanks!" to all the Clash/Quakes players over the years.

I also have to admit that I'd be interested in following their careers from here on out. I think it would be kind of fun to have a list of Clash/Quakes players with a 'where are they now' info sheet. It would be great to keep track of them and cheer them on from afar.

13. beckhamfan20

beckhamfan20 New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Thanks Earthquakes for giving myself and my teenage daughter three great years of MLS soccer. We drove from Sacramento to San Jose 3 or 4 times each season for row 1 seats at Spartan Stadium. What a rush to watch you all so close! The Earthquakes and Spartan Stadium made us feel like we were part of a large soccer family that we were so lucky to experience!
    Best memories....Dwayne's goal of the year - AWESOME! (did we really see that live?)...opening season double header with the US Womens team - hours and hours and hours of great soccer!
    Great memories - you will never be forgotten!

14. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    great first post!! another of our great fans! MLS won't replicate the fan base we have here. There is nothing like our Casbah, or the wonderful Spartan atmosphere.

15. bluelightningdad

bluelightningdad New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    SJ Quake Area
    Me too. Thanks for the memories, Quakes players and staff. Come back as soon as we can work it, ok? It's not just the colors and the name and the stats, it was you guys. Thanks for the great game, and good luck in Tejas (nunca te rindas there too!)

16. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you to all the Quakes players and coaches.