Thanks - see you all in 2022!

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by whiskerxx, Jul 15, 2018.

1. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Thanks to everyone for the very many informative, helpful and often amusing posts on here during this World Cup.

Look forward to seeing you all again in 2022! :D

Phil_MN, Forzabarca and Saul1980 repped this.
  2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Thank you but you're on your own for Qatar! No way I'm getting time off in November/December lol. See you in Euro 2020!!

BocaFan and Gistavo Amaral repped this.
  3. Alec Suchan

Alec Suchan New Member

Liverpool FC
    Croatia
    Jul 15, 2018
    If you loved this world cup, you'll love this video I put together of the best goals, skills, and moments. Would love for you to check it out.

Val1 repped this.
  4. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Still can not believe that tournament will be taking place in November/December..

question for the all the N.American (mostly Eastern N.American fans) who deal with the super cold winters and snow to our legs (im from toronto, canada).. do we sincerely expect any sort of street celebrations if the bigger nations win it?

Looking at the Portuguese/Brasilian/Italian supporters as they are the more dominant in my location..

********ing hell.. November/December? kill me..

5. Phil_MN

Phil_MN Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Oct 26, 2017
    Minneapolis, MN
    Street celebrations in ice cold Minnesota, no? There will be something rather unique about potentially eating Thanksgiving turkey while watching the World Cup. Normally reserved for only American football.

Kookla repped this.
  6. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    People stand outside in New York, London, Berlin and other cities on New Year's Eve every year. I realise parts of Canada and the USA get colder than that but if people will brave the outdoors for NYE they will do so for a World Cup Win. No-one is going to be put off celebrating something a lot rarer by a bit of bad weather. Just hope no-one jumps in fountains or a river or something.

7. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree. It was fun having conversations with denizens of BS that I don't normally cross paths with. A fun time!

8. Tbolt

Tbolt New Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2018
    I only discovered this forum on accident looking for post game articles. But hopefully it stays pretty lively between WC's with league talk. I would expect attendance at the 2022 WC to be down right awful. I am still baffled that they are going through with having it their and the shift to the winter. The only thing that might make up for that is having another 16 teams in the field earlier than later. I was expecting that announcement the entire time in Russia, but looks like they are waiting to play that card. A trial run for it before the 2026 WC though would not be a bad idea, since the 2022 WC seems like they would want to hurry up and move past. As to the post game celebrating, sure. Just don't expect to see fans watching outdoors like they do during the warmer months.

9. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    They showed fans living in Argentina and Uruguay celebrate outdoors in their winter in June after their goals/wins this world cup, cant imagine a little cold weather would dampen a world cup victory!

10. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    I'll hijack this to just say thank you thank you thank you to every single person who helped, contributed to discussion, and made this place a pleasure to be a part of in the months leading up to the World Cup. It was a fantastic journey to get there, and the tournament and everything else in Russia was absolutely incredible and highly memorable.

I also managed to meet many members from BS too over the month I was there and they were all top people. I trust everyone got home safely and hope they enjoyed their time there too. See you back here for CL 19, Copa 19, Euro 2020, and WC2022 discussion but till then lots of love, good health and happiness. Thanks again and have a wonderful rest of 2018.

Phil_MN repped this.
  11. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm not so sure.

I actually thought tickets would be very easy for this World Cup and was proved wrong.

There were huge numbers from China and the Indian sub-continent (Bangladesh and India in particular) in Russia. Qatar will be easier for them.

It will be possible to do three games in a day and easy to do two.

The Latin Americans, North Africans and Iranian fans will again travel in big numbers.

I think the Europeans may fail to show again.

12. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    In the lead up to 2014, I said it would be my one WC. I'll give 100% for my one WC and tick it off my bucketlist in the best way possible.

In the lead up to 2018, I decided I couldn't pass up another chance to go to a WC, despite saying Brazil would be my only WC 4 years earlier. Because I thought there was no way I'd go to Qatar, I felt more compelled to go to Russia.

Right now, I'd say I'm not going to WC 2022. But I wouldn't be surprised if in 3 years time, despite everything I've said previously, I end up doing it all again...

13. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    That was a lot more fun than I had anticipated. There was a lot to see in Russia and the adjacent countries. I hope you all had a great time too.

14. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    It is World Cup in the end and it is always going to be fun, even in Qatar. But that idiotic decission by FIFA ExCo crooks pissed off so many football fans that many will stay home!
    Whatever, I just learned what I forgot, that World Cup is big fun even on TV only! It will likely be the same in 4,5 years!

15. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    easy - go to qatar. problem solved. I'll even buy you a beer!

16. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    I agree

I am even somewhat scared of the potential of having India, China, Indonesia or Pakistan sneak into the final 48 due to the rule change.

It will cause a complete collapse in the ability to score tickets, as well as prices for hotels, etc will skyrocket. A tiny nation like panama turned out in huge numbers for their 1st world cup. And I don't blame them. Can you imagine Pakistan, or god forbid, China ?

The potential scenario is that europeans may start sitting out , or at least not show up to earlier rounds, as a result of having been to Qatar , or having been to a WC.

17. pankaj0008

pankaj0008 New Member

United States
    Aug 2, 2018
    The Woodlands, TX
    Yes, same here.