Thank you

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by The Wee Man, Nov 17, 2003.

1. The Wee Man

The Wee Man New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose
    A sincere thanks to all of the Earthquake fans for another very special night.

To the person who came up with the “We believe” poster the other week and the other poster “Win or lose we are behind you”, you folks set the tone for the greatest two back-to-back comebacks in our history.

Thank you for believing and for bringing a crazy soccer tradition back to Spartan.

To the die-hards who hung in there so long… ENJOY IT because you deserve it most.

It isn’t over in fact it is just starting.

Johnny

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Once again, thank you Johnny and thank you Earthquakes! Win or lose this Sunday (hopefully win, since it'll be my birthday), the Earthquakes have had a truly successful season... especially despite all the doom & gloom preseason predictions for the team from elsewhere. :cool:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp By the way, how did this last game compare to any you were involved with in the NASL days? :confused:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!!

-G

3. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Johnny,

I don't know whether this is in your purview, but I do hope that the last week has convinced the honchos at MLS and AEG that this is a product that doesn't need re-imaging or re-branding or re-naming...that's it's slowly but surely built a following worthy of continuing on its own merits.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Hear hear! :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!!

-G

5. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very well put Spartacus...

6. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Yes, it's stuff like this that puts the past behind us. Thank you Johnny.

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, I want to thank everyone in the Quakes' organization and every one of their fans for putting on a great spectacle, and for believing to the bitter end.

Another incredible night of American soccer was had by all.

Here's to Sunday and here's to the future of the Quakes!! :)

8. littau

littau Member

Jul 28, 1999
    37.3509 N 121.9371 W
    Johnny, Thanks go to you and the entire team and organization. Heart and soul - everybody put it on the line Saturday night, and we were with you 100%. Last Sunday too.

Like others have already said, the team has taken their game to a higher gear. I had my 8 yr old son with me in the Casbah Saturday, and it was great to show him what can happen when you never give up.

9. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Another incredible, awesome night.

Thank you Johnny and all of those associated with the Earthquakes. It has truly been an enjoyable couple weekends of soccer and I look forward to yet another one with Chicago.

10. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, my sentiments. If this keeps up we'll have to put up a statue of both you and Frankie at the stadium gates!

Once again, thank YOU.

11. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Things Come in 3's!

Thanks Johnny, to you and the entire organization. Two weeks in a row of soccer makes us proud of our team and the American game as well.

Now... let's go for number 3!

12. S.J. Owl

S.J. Owl New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    San Jose
    It was a nother great night indeed. I was glad Garber was there to see just how much this "underperforming" franchise means to the 16,000 of us who were there. Think twice before threatening to move this team or shut us down because that is not the way to grow this league.

13. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Exactly. This league will live or die on the passion of it's fans. How many years would it take in some other city, if it's even possible, to reach the level of passion demonstrated these past two weeks at Spartan?

And thanks, Johnny for the great job managing the Quakes. (Even if Garber doesn't know your last name :D).

14. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He knows Johnny's name. Don just had a "senior moment." Old fart! :)

15. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Johnny, as a very minor cog in the Quakes (and before that, Clash) organization, I've got to say that the spirit and attitude at all levels have steadily improved from the low point they reached at the end of the Krafts' reign to a high that, along with the quality of the product on the field, I believe will sustain and grow the fan base better than anything else you could do. I'm just happy that you were given a sufficient amount of time to do the job. Regardless of the outcome on Sunday, I am looking forward to next season more avidly than any of the previous six during which I have volunteered my time. Even non-soccer friends of mine are really interested and some are even excited. I never thought I'd see that.

The thanks belong to the fans and you.