Thank you to MLSNET for showing the world that Mullan was offside

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ElJefe, Jul 5, 2005.

1. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Where is Chris Klein's crack from last night? That was equally as good as Clark's.

2. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
  3. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    BTW, who was that defender on Clark? I couldn't tell from the poor quality video. First he got caught ball watching, then he took the bait on the ball fake too easily.

4. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Wow. That didn't take much.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Simo Valakari.....who is a very, very solid defensive midfielder. I'm still surprised he was beaten so badly. He's normally a rock...although he's probably better at intercepting passes and marking tightly. After the game, we were trying to figure out who it was that had gotten beat on the play, I can't remember one person suggesting Simo, probably because he is so solid.

6. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville

Well first of all, things don't even out. Ronald Cerritos is onside about 4 of 5 times he's called off. (Doesn't mean he would finish 'em though.)

Second, you did get a man advantage for 60 minutes on weak cards. If Califf shoulda been thrown out, Ronnie O shoulda been thrown out.

But yeah, seeing as you had a man advantage for the last hour, you should have won.

7. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We thought that either Jolley and Goodson was to blame for that defensive lapse on unmarked Clark due to Greg Vanney's leadership on the defense was missing. And yet the thought of Simo being responsible for that action was the last thing on our mind.

But then again, who would have thought that Gbandi would Gscore? ;)

8. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Even out OVER TIME.....I guess you missed that part, Noah. Rarely do they even out over a course of a single game. I'm not sure where Ronnie should have gotten that second card....and if he did it would have been weaker then either of Califf's cards. Ronnie has been pushing people off the ball all season....and he almost never gets called on it because he's playing within the rules. Just because old man Chung is a pvssy and goes down like a sack of rocks everytime someone touches him doesn't mean Ronnie should be carded.

9. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I did enjoy yelling...."You got Gbeat by Gbandi" at Onstad....for all of the two minutes we were ahead.

10. RodneyMunch

RodneyMunch New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    I think it was Simo that Clark spun around.

Maybe the refs need a mandatory eye exam before the match from a neutral doctor approved by both teams. Mullan should be put on America's Most Wanted for that crime.

11. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Come on, I thought you lot were the kings of digging stuff up on the net. Surely someone can find the linesmen for that game somewhere. Incidentally that game was April 26th, 2003.

12. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    I just don't think they even out, period. Probabilities don't play out precisely. And for all our talk of Karma, do you think a 3-0 win over the Gals, for example, is recompense for losing Landon? Do you think SJ will get their just rewards? Maybe our MLS Cups have been our cosmic recompense. I'm certainly happy about Dallas getting a good team and an SSS, given all the crap you've been through.

You can't push people off the ball from behind. Ronnie dispossesed Chung by charging straight into the back of him and making no ball contact, throwing him on his face. The defense was beat as on Mina's dive. Would I have thrown Ronnie or Danny out? No way. But the reffing was really bad.

13. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

In the past.....I felt MLS avoided showing highlights of bad calls on their web-site. As a Quake fan that's suffered through two obvious offside call, or non-calls, that cost us points.....I wanted those plays posted on the website.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Emiliano Monje and Jorge Bandera

15. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Terry, Kevin
    Monje, Emiliano
    delaBandera, Jorge
    Anno, Jasen
    (ISO) Blattner, Wolfram
    McKee, David

This is the list from April 26, 2003. Note that Kevin Terry was the 4th official last Saturday.

16. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    So it's Monje! The b8stard. Kick him out!

18. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it too premature to say "Bring me the head of Emiliano Monje"?

19. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hell no. Chaz, put him on your watch-list. I wanna know the next time that moron comes to town. Is there a way to confirm which line he was running in which half? I am going on the basis of a post from someone in the pre-post game thread but they were right that there was the same linesman for the Revs game so I'm willing to bet they're right about which guy was calling that line.

20. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    FYI megman63 is the guy who originally caught this. Here is his post, https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5415391&postcount=216

21. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, no. For some reason, refs have gone out of their way to not show any favoritism to Dallas. Other than some questionable foul calls regarding Ruiz earlier in the season (and even those were few and far between), in the ten year history of the league, Dallas simply hasn't seen that.

22. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I can't think of a single team in this universe, save Manchester United perhaps, whose fanbase thinks they recieve undue favoritism from the refs. If you are using fan opinions as the basis for this judgement then every single team in unfairly targeted by the refs. Why? Because you don't remember the calls that go you way, you only remember the ones that didn't.

23. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, this is more based on checking it against non-fans (people who are in the press-box, other refs, etc.) As well as conversations (and lurking) on other boards/listserves regarding plays like that. For the life of me, I can't seem to recall a significant call that went Dallas' way that another team b!tched about in any significant fashion. (I am open to evidence to the contrary, though.)

And I think you would agree that while not perfectly unbiased, I'm relatively okay at looking at the game as a whole.....

Now that I think about it, there was one call that another team got riled up about - in 2000 (I believe), Ariel Graziani went off after being knocked down and then was waived back on against the Fire - Chicago fans felt that he was allowed to come on in the run of play (true) in a way that disadvantaged them (he ended up scoring on a pass). I think they also felt he was offsides. Basically, the Chicago D forgot about him, and he was apparently waived on and Dallas played a ball to him and he was one on one with the keeper and ended up scoring.

24. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    You can't remember....ummm....how about this game?? The San Jo fans are all kinds of pissed that Califf was sent off after two fouls. And while I don't necessarily agree with them....completely....they do have a case. I just find it hilarious that fans of every single MLS club feel they are singularly targeted by the refs. Isn't that impossible??

25. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    A great read...