Thank you to MLSNET for showing the world that Mullan was offside

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ElJefe, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you should put this on the San Jose board too.

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Wow.....sooooooooooooooo offside. Its at angle, but you can tell from the cut on the grass that Gbandi was last man back and that he was a good yard past Chris when the ball was played to him. Piss poor officiating........as usual.

5. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched the video for the first time.

You have got to be kidding me! I cannot believe they allowed that goal.....and then nominate it for "Goal of the Week"!

Damn I'm pissed. This just ruined my day.

6. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well. That was painful.

7. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt.

However I found an error on the website:

Mullan pounces on a loose ball just outside the box, and beats Quakes keeper Scott Garlick. :eek:

If I had my way I would say this:

Mullan pounces on a loose ball just outside the box, and beats the stupid lineman's judgemental balls. :mad:

8. Red Menace

Red Menace New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Frisco
    An AWFUL call! The linesman blew it completely. Gbandi got gboned, plain and simple. Does MLS have a protest mechanism for this type of thing? I know the result won't change, but that linesman needs to be reprimanded.

Thank you MLS for showing us that crime of a goal. What a joke!

RM

9. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
  10. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Where is the video of the one they called back on Mina?

11. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

No need.....we can see. He was offside.....the refs just gave us back one of the three points they owed us for the sh!t offside call on DeRosario's game winner in the 90th minute vs ChivasUSA.....at the expense of FCD. Not to worry, sooner or later they will F up in your favor and give you back your three points.

12. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Did anyone figure out which linesman it was? These are the two from Saturday, Fabio Tovar; Emiliano Monje.

Someone said it was the same guy from who let Joe-Max Moore through back in April 03 but I can't find the officials for that game. It was certainly a similarly bad & obvious call.

13. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I agree, these things do tend to even out over time......but that fact does little to subdue our anger right now. I just wish the soccer Gawdz could have "evened" this out in another game. WE SHOULD HAVE WON, DAMMIT!!!!

14. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    You don't know much about Dallas & MLS officials do you?

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Clark's goal was pretty sweet.

16. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Question, where is the linesman in that pic? He's at least 5' ahead of Mullan probably running with his head down.

17. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    As a Quake's fan, I'll admit he was offsides. That's the first time I've seen it.

BTW, how in the world do they have 3 goals from that game nominated but the damn game wasn't televised?

Ricardo Clark's goal will HAVE to be nominated for GOTY. That's the kind of thing you only see when a guy is messing around at practice.

18. RodneyMunch

RodneyMunch New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    ... and all the jokers on the San Jose board talking about their great game on Saturday. I used to feel sorry for the them because of the possible team move, security at Spartan stadium, Donavan departure, etc. Now I want to see them ground into roadkill.

19. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Reminds me of the missed call when the ManU keeper dropped the ball in the box against Tottenham. That all comes down to poor location of the AR.

20. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is more likely it will win over Alvarez's goal.
    But to put Mullan's goal on that list is just flat out WRONG!

21. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    There's been a lot of quality goals this year so far. I'm not so sure Clark's is good enough. Although he should run away with the GOTW, no question.

22. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    And that's with the kicking foot in the air. He was another yard off by the time the ball was played.

23. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Clearly off.....I can't even begin to understand how hard it is for officials to judge close offside calls at full speed. It has to be one of the most difficult calls in team sport officiating....along with a tight play at the plate in baseball. But this wasn't all that close. I swear, if we lose the Supporter's Shield by two points or less I'm gonna go ballistic.

24. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I tend to be in the camp that likes when they out a sh!t call.....or non-call as in this case.....at least they aren't protecting their refs like they seem to in the past.

25. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    So you think by nominated an obviously invalid goal for an award is, in someway, "outing" the mistake? Interesting take.....deluded, but interesting.