Thank you, Red Bull

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by lfcli30, Jul 25, 2009.

1. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For building us a brand new, beautiful stadium. It was peachy of you guys to take over AEG's portion of it too. We appreciate the design change, and it clearly shows us that you are committed to soccer in NYC.

While I'm at it, I'd also like to thank you some more. I feel so much gratitude towards the company that I'd like to thank red bull for the following, because why stop at a stadium? Why not give us so much more? Red Bull loves our football team so much that they were so kind to give us all these great things. So thank you, Red Bull

-For firing Bruce Arena, and hiring Juan Carlos Osorio.

-For allowing Jeff Agoos to learn on the job.

-For the worst team in MLS history.

-For hiring a beverage manager as our club president.

-For replacing the beverage manager with a stadium manager. It's all about the Arena baby!

-For giving Juan Carlos Osorio a vote of confidence, because of too many coaching turnovers. (But Bruce gets fired?)

-For clearly understanding the New York market, and that we love it when people run around NYC slow dancing with red bulls gear, painted red faces and plastic bulls horns on their heads. That's some sweet ass marketing.

-For Juan Pietravallo, Jorge Rojas, Gabriel Cichero, Albert Celades (he played at Real Madrid!), Alfredo Pacheco, Oscar Echeverry, Andrew Boyens and the man who's been torched for 3 goals tonight...LEO KRUPNIK!!!!!

-For trying to give Dave Van Den Bergh a paycut, but then going out and splashing the cash on players such as Alfredo Pacheco, and Carlos Johnson!

-For managing to lose all of our corporate partners that Metro worked so hard to attain. It's OK, we have a soda company to sponsor us!

-For changing our team name to the hip, awesome Red Bulls! I mean, look at how awesome that logo looks on our jersey! Clearly Metrostars was the worst name ever, and all the cool kids drink Red Bull. So, they must love the name on their soccer team too.

-For having an owner who has yet to attend a match.

-For giving up on our training facility. Clearly, you have more important things to spend money on. Like a 5th division German club!

-For trading away Dema Kovalenko because...well...we wanted Juan Pietravallo. He had a cool headband and pony tail. He was impossible to resist.

-For using Jozy's allocation money on...oh wait...we let that allocation expire.

-For knowing MLS' rules, and signing Johnny Exantus, Matt Kassel and Dilly Duka, out of our awesome academy system.

-For firing Gio Savarese as head of youth development, and hiring a guy who lied on his resume. He knows NY/NJ soccer.

-For signing our draft picks, like Eric Brunner and Scott Palguta. Wait, didn't Sinisa get a red card tonight against a guy with that same name? Funny coincidence.

-For having a well positioned Red Bull beverage in the camera shot for every interview.

Seriously though, thanks for the stadium.

2. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    +1 ... especially for the worst team in MLS history.

3. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Bouna time

4. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tampa's 2001 season record was 4-21-2. Surely Deadbull can win a couple more games. Or maybe not.

5. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes thanks. Now sign this guy

[​IMG]

And let him rebuild from the ashes.

His name is Peter Wilt just in case any of you austrian soda salesmen overlords are viewing.

P.S. Rename the team while you're at it. I hate your soda. Kthxbye.

6. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Dear Red Bull fans,

Please keep those Red Bull Arena deposits coming. Those votes of confidence and approval are heart warming. Just think, all it took to gain your support was a free bus ride. It is a pleasure to have the most accepting fans in all of sport. You are going to love what we have in store for the 2010 season and beyond.

yours in philosophy,

Uncle Didi

Go ahead and get as high and mighty as you want. The somewhat tongue in cheek nature of my post is considered mission statement in Austria vis a vis RBNY.

7. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    He's been here. Didn't like the attention.

8. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's the man for the job. The best man for the job, and I hope Red Bull will wake up and get rid of the clown Agoos for him.

We would be lucky, really freaking lucky to have him here.

9. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "must spread rep" blah blah ...

Top post ifcli30. Would be very funny if it weren't sad.