Thank you message from Nick!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Metros Front Office, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Metros Front Office

Metros Front Office New Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Dear ESC and MetroStars Fans:

You were awesome last night!!!! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you for coming out and supporting your Team. It really meant a lot to our players and entire organization to see and hear the sounds of ESC in Section 101. It really gave us the inspiration to someday see 20,000 fans as passionate as you filling our own stadium in Harrison

Obviously the result was not what we wanted but we should all be proud of the Team and the hard work and effort our players put forth through the tough rounds of qualifying and the Final last night. They did us proud and I am sure they will put the same effort as we make our playoff and MLS Cup run over the next several weeks.

Your presence at our games means an awful lot and really gives us a man advantage. So, I encourage all of you to come this Saturday and pack 101 once again- as we need a win in our final regular season game to secure home field advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

Thanks again for your support!!!

Sincerely,
    Nick Sakiewicz
    President and General Manager

2. comrade

comrade New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't know about you, but last night's game gave me the inspiration to see you get fired.

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    If Peter Wilt posts a thank you like this everyone says "Yet another example of why we have the best GM in MLS".

When Nick posts, everyone thinks "*#*#*#*# You Nick!"

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Your point being?

5. iain7475

iain7475 Red Card

May 12, 2000
  6. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    True, but I think the words that should be emphasized are "yet another example". Peter Wilt isn't just about what he says/posts. It's his actions that earn him respect. And when he does come onto the boards, he actually addresses issues, as opposed to just posting a single broadcast message thanking us for something he contributed nothing to. For instance.

7. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    5k for the final......

lets all say it together "Fcuk you Nick!!"

8. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    Dear Nick,

As a fire fan who thought it was a huge mistake to see the game played in NewYork I just wanted to say what gives?? Why do you keep torturing these poor fans with such bad squads???? Bob Bradley is a great coach I don't think Bruce Arena would be able to save them by now. Don't blame him. This is a residule leftover from previous poor player development throughout the last 5 years. Bob will need 2 years to clean out this crap!!! Hope Metros fans see a better team next year. I think the job for a GM is to work on the stadium not come on here and diddle and unhappy fan base.

9. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    Hi Nick!!!!

First, let me say that your organizations non-attempt to get people to this game was a disgrace.

Next....Umm, I know your busy working on our stadium deal in Harrison, but it might be a good idea to check the rules of the league this year before posting on a fan site. The league even has a page on its site just for you! Check it out :
    http://www.mlsnet.com/special/mlscup/2003/mlscuppo_format.html

In it, you'll read this..."The Conference Semifinal series will be conducted under a home-and-home, aggregate goal format to determine which two teams will advance to the single elimination Conference final match."

okbye!

10. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    Actually, all I ask of Mr. Sakiewicz is to promote Metro in an effective/professional manner, work with the ESC/public to build a closer rapport with the fans, and get the stadium finalized. I cut him slack on the last one, even though its important, because he has limited control over that. Bob, as far as I know, is in charge of player personnel, so he'll take care of whats on the field.

11. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    clean what out jerkoff??? we only had 7 or so players returning from last year..... where did u get this 5 year bull$hit??? Go back to your cave a$$wipe.. by the way whats it like to have your beloved coach of 5 years leave u for what you call a "bad squad"??

dont worry... u havent seen the last of the Metros!!

12. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    Re: Re: Thank you message from Nick!

Point taken, but home field in game 2 (which is what the higher-seed gets) still means something:

1) the team knows the exact result they need to advance, or how many goals they need to win/lose by.

2) in the event of an aggregate draw (which is more likely given that there is no away-goals rule), the 30-minute golden goal and PKs will be played at the end of game 2.

The higher seed does get the advantage.

No matter what Nick says a lot of you would be bitching. However there is something disingenuous in going on here and asking the supporters to come out to a regular season game of minimal (if some) importance, right after having drawn only 5,000 to a the first CUP FINAL, at home, in club history. It smacks of being concerned with profit only, given that MLS and Metro had nothing to gain financially from the USOC.

So thanks for your words of support, Nick, but next time you post here you may want to ditch the sales pitch. Everyone here knows the dates and times of the games.

13. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    You're welcome, Nick. Thanks for hiring Bob.

14. MUNCUFAN

MUNCUFAN New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Hi Nick, who designed the most stupid looking "MPF" logo for T shirt and hat?

15. mscheffel

mscheffel New Member

Jul 29, 1999
    NJ, US
    Only in this market can a team get to its first ever Championship game and still have everybody angry.

Although I wish the game was better promoted: Thanks Nick, at least you aren't your predecessors. Faint praise, indeed. And I do like the idea you posted here, where the hardcore fan lives.

16. Congorilla

Congorilla New Member

Feb 18, 1999

Nor we with you it seems. The day you offer an approving word will be the first. Northern origin aside, it doesn't rain EVERY day around here, pal. Our hearts were well in it last night and our guts justfiably bashed all over the guard rails below Sec. 101. Perhaps today was a day to conciliate or commiserate, not alienate.
    But funny you would mention the W word. Nobody around here has any idea what that one means. Care to tell us?

17. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick,
    There was a mess at PA getting a bus after 7pm. How come? The dispatcher said there would not be a bus to GS between 7pm and 7:40. Fortunately a bus showed up at 7:20 and left at 7:30. Is that anyway to treat the fans who bleed red and black?

18. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    The disconnect between Nick's post and reality of the game, season, and what's on the majority of the fans' minds is truly mind boggling. Stunning. I mean, come on here and tell us why there were only 5,000 fans, why we had to look at football lines, why Clint isn't close to goal. This form letter just makes me feel more removed from my favrite soccer team, a feeling that's been growing all year.

19. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    That's actually Nick?

I'm asking in all seriousness

20. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know what you mean, really sounds lame, how the hell can someone post that and be the GM of our club, no apologies, no feelings whatsoever and we all feel like crap.

21. ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan New Member

Jan 20, 1999
    SHAPE, Belgium
    Another ignorant Fire fan blinded by his own bliss. Shut up, you dont know what you are talking about.

22. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    What

About

Lazerbeak?

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    If this is indeed Nick our beloved GM, then I have only 1 request. Come out to an ESC away viewing party at Nathan Hales, and talk to us. We have a lot of things to say, and as the Metros core supporters, we think you should hear us. That is all I have to say. Transmission over. Over and out Lazerbeak :)

24. iain7475

iain7475 Red Card

May 12, 2000
    I don't approve of singing "All we are saying is give us a goal" after 29 minutes ..... does that make sense ?

25. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick,

Dig a hole and go fu©k yourself into it.

Matt