Thank you LARS

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by Goona. Goona. Goona!, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Goona. Goona. Goona!

Mar 9, 2008
    Simi Valley
    I want to thank LARS in section 137. Yesterday was my first time sitting in this section. I am a second year fan and have never sat in the Riot Squad section. I want to thank everyone for the welcome feeling I received. I took my mom and we had a blast. I had a fantastic time even though we didn't get the result I wanted. I had a blast singing songs and clapping. I've learned songs that I can use when I watch Arsenal. ha ha. I just wanted to thank everyone for making our first time in the section fun. We will be sure to wear LA colors at the next game and not the TFC colors. :eek:

You are the best!!!

PS, who do I contact about ordering LARS shirts?

PPS, please move this post if it is in the wrong place.

2. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome props!

I'm gonna move this, though, to the Galaxy Supporters Group forum....

Topper

:D :D :D

3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LARS also has their own message board.

EDIT: Just go to the message boards and you'll find info on how to buy some schwag.

4. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I really dislike LARS and I have been a Galaxy fan since the very beginning, so if I were you, I would sit with another fan group.

6. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

What kind of post is this! Mods do something about this asshole.

7. armani

armani Member

Dec 18, 2007
    although u may not agree with his post an it probly is uncalled for, its his constitutional right to freedom of speech,,....simply ignore it an move on.

8. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, true. I stand with LARS and I can accept that other Galaxy fans will not like us for whatever reason. That's their prerogative & how they roll while LARS continues to do their thing.

9. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The real problem with the post is that the author didn't state why he/she doesn't like LARS....

Any particular reason you "dislike" LARS?

I hate them cause they don't like horns! ;)

Topper

:D :D

10. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have cheered with LARS in the past but honestly I just do not agree with them. They chant "who are you" to other teams fans but shrink back from confrontation with those fans. Saying "who are you" is intended to entice the other fans to fight you. Also, I go to every Galaxy game and what I notice about LARS is that LARS, with your 200+ supporters, almost never join in a chant together. Sure you want to watch the game but when you have that many people together, it is time to pick up your team. Especially after a defeat like we face against TFC.

11. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Please kill yourself tia

12. KennyWoo

KennyWoo Member

May 21, 2007
    Pasadena, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

I have always thought LARS to be a huge part of the Galaxy experience and can't imagine us not having them. Can't agree w/ you at all on this one.

13. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, thank YOU "Goona Goona Goona". You make LARS what it is: the greatest collection of LA soccer fans and we welcome everyone to experience the calamity.

Second, 138 has been our home since 2003, but we now occupy both 138 AND 137... ahhh, growth is a wonderful thing.

Third, this thread took a slightly nastier tone than it needed to. We don't need to go there... we just don't. As for LaGalaxyTrueblue, I see that you signed on to BigSoccer five days ago and it even says in your BIO that you hate L.A.R.S. It's obvious that the Riot Squad is not your style and as you mentioned in your original post, there are other groups for you to join. Please consider them and I hope they fulfill your gameday needs and please continue your support for the Los Angeles Galaxy!

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

PS: And aren't sock puppets fun?

14. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You may not agree with LARS but to say that the reason is that they shrink away from confrontation is not a valid reason. To cheer for your team in the manner that LARS does and at the same time refuse to be provoked into conforntation shows me a great deal of class on the part of the group. LARS, my hats off to you.

15. KennyWoo

KennyWoo Member

May 21, 2007
    Pasadena, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely. I would be appalled if our supporters' group had a reputation for violence. I felt legitimately sick last year when I heard about Chivas fans attacking our people after the game. There is just no place for that anywhere.

16. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The LA Riot Squad is committed to a non-racism and non-violence policy with zero tolerance for offenders. We may be PG-13, but we do have families with kids... kids who will be the future of Galaxy fan support. Anyone who looks for a "fight" doesn't belong at the HDC.

Then again, we have pretty much waged outright war on our livers...

VENI IMBIBI VICI!!!!!™

Tommy Mack
    Principle Liver Abuser
    LA Riot Squad

17. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is not the only reason I dislike LARS. And I am not saying I approve of a violent fan group, nor am I saying I disapprove of a group defending themselves, and other fans, when needed. I am simply stating that LARS has plenty of members and I would love to see them use it better then they do. Until then I will be firmly against them, until they proove that all of them have the same passion towards the Galaxy as I do. (I am not saying all of you dont) I am also not saying that I am setting the standard for a Galaxy fan, I am simply saying that I want the biggest fan group for the Galaxy to also have to most passion. I hope I made sense.

18. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, no, you didn't. Thank you for supporting the LOS ANGELES GALAXY!!

19. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I forgot to thank all the new people who came down to 137 and 138 to join LARS and help give our G's an edge over their opponents. I met many great new people last night and it's because of you that LA has one of the most creative and unique supporter's groups in MLS.

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

20. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have previously stated that I have spent time with LARS to feel them out to see whether or not I wanted to take part in being a member of LARS. But they lacked passion. But I am not saying all the members of LARS lack passion. I am saying that a vast majority do.

And I am not saying this as a direct attack towards you due to the fact that I know you like the Galaxy.

21. RogueFC

RogueFC New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Hell A
    Just stop while you're ahead.

LARS is like an amoeba. Their energy ebbs and flows just like the team on the field. I've been to games with them when the energy was beyond electric and also games when it was like a morgue. It happens. It's life. Do you wake up and smile everyday and keep the same high level of energy everyday? Didn't think so.

22. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One thing. Every Galaxy game I go to I have tremendous amounts of energy. Its the passion.

LA Galaxy

23. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Less posting, more killing yourself

24. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Alright.

LA Galaxy

25. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    How can you be passionate and not like LARS? If it wasn't for LARS I know many people who would have stopped going to games this year after last years nightmare season