Thank You Klinsmann

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by RevvedUp10, Jun 26, 2014.

1. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Short rest, coming out of Manaus, no Jozy, the weather etc.... This game was never going to be a beauty contest the important thing is we got out of the group. Anyone who wants to moan, whine or b*tch about this or that roster selections likely had it in for Klinsmann for the start. The reality is he's done tremendously as no one gave us a legit shot at getting through and we did it without one of our most important players in Jozy. Feel free to keep b*tching while the rest of us soak in this spectacle that is only afforded to us once every 4 years.

Li mu bei, tavo2311, KC96 and 2 others repped this.
  2. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Agreed.... but on the other hand the guys were probably gassed after the Manaus sauna. So I'll take it and hope we play better against Belgium or whomever.

3. Gonzos

Gonzos Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I really laughed hard at your last sentence, well done :thumbsup:

Lothar is 1 repped this.
  4. EmpedoxFCB

EmpedoxFCB Member

Apr 20, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "A weak Ghana and a weak Portugal..." some people are braindead as ********.

5. RevvedUp10

RevvedUp10 Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, we still have some fans who are just clueless.

No wonder why the rest of the world calls us Stupid Americans....

Hint: We aren't celebrating the loss (I know it's hard to understand, but take a few hours seems like you need it).

6. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004
    #31 herewego, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    No, Sir.
    You got through, first of all, because you had different game plans tailored to the respective opposition and were able to more or less stick to the plan. Really great teams, like Italy, Spain, Portugal couldn't do that under this weather conditions and fell apart.

You got through, because you won the most important game, against Ghana, because the realistic situation from the beginning was, that you must beat them and hope, that you can snatch a surprise point or two against Ger or Por and that Ger and Por may draw against each other or lose points against Ghana.

You got through, because you were able to almost beat Portugal, in fact you were 30 seconds away from going through after only 2 games played.

This is a huge success and you deserve it, because you only played what you are able to play, but this you played very well, with determination and discipline.

Actually, I think, your team, for the first time since I follow it, even if only at World Cups, plays with brains and not only with heart. This is a huge step from a limited, but ambitious underdog, to an adult football team which more and more gets its destiny in it's own hand and now belongs, for me, to the group of teams just behind the group of former World Champions - Urugay + Holland.

7. RevvedUp10

RevvedUp10 Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, no, no. Don't get me wrong, I've 100% been behind Klinsmann since we found out he left Donovan off.

I just think there were better options than Wondo and Davis regardless of Donovan. But who am I to question his decisions. He knows much more than me.

8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    You don't get invited to many parties I am guessing.

MadRHatter and AmericanArsenal repped this.
  9. TraumaTime

TraumaTime New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am clueless as to how some fans can continue to be so negative about JK and this teams performances. They have already exceeded 99% of expectations. It hasn't always been pretty, but screw it they got out of the group of death sending more talented Portugal and Ghana teams out.

THANK YOU KLINSMANN!

Li mu bei and RevvedUp10 repped this.
  10. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy gaboozles, I miss neg rep.

11. EmpedoxFCB

EmpedoxFCB Member

Apr 20, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the post that should close this thread. This is why we are thanking Klinsmann. The team beyond all expectations got through and now anything is possible.

beerslinger23 repped this.
  12. AmericanArsenal

Jun 12, 2013
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Go beat your drum somewhere else galaxy trolls. We're trying to celebrate up in here. I hear they got plenty Mexico jerseys for sale at Academy if Klinsy isn't good enough for you.

Li mu bei repped this.
  13. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised if your IP was tracked it would lead us to the corner of your mom's basement in a house outside Mexico City.

jakepc42, dban and AmericanArsenal repped this.
  14. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    I will acknowledge that there's a lot of truth to what you said.

I'm sure there will be numerous people who want to hate on those who tell it like it is and just want to rah rah root for the home team.

I'm glad we made it out of the Group of Death, I knew it was possible, I thought that we got really lucky in doing so, but luck is a big part of it.

Those who will try to call Klinsmann a genius because Portugal got blown out 4-0 to Germany in the first game obviously are going way overboard with this.

Technically we aren't at the same point we were 2 years ago, we had 5 points and won the group, this time we're on 4 and in second, but I like that better because I think 2nd was the real prize in this group and presents a much easier potential draw here on out.

15. PremierUSA

PremierUSA Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I will offer no excessive thanks to JK. If we had another coach, we'd be in the second round and not be without a much needed greatest American soccer player of all time (who by the way was much needed in our friendly loss to Belgium).

taylor, joejonbob and Lothar is 1 repped this.
  16. AmericanArsenal

Jun 12, 2013
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought we told you to git!

17. AmericanArsenal

Jun 12, 2013
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

18. RevvedUp10

RevvedUp10 Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You LA Galaxy fans need to go away. Seriously, stick to the Fire Klinsmann thread.

19. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guy hasnt posted since 2008. Please stop responding to him. Its pointless.

Jurgen has pretty much solidified his coaching status.

Watch out for 2022.

Li mu bei and AmericanArsenal repped this.
  20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    there are few around here should be smoking Jurgie's hookah.

21. The Real Sekrah

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Those still bashing Klinsmann are either:

A) Doing it for kicks or
    B) Not very intelligent people.

Simple as that. Anyone who has watched any of the past 5 World Cups would know that this has irrefutably been our most aesthetically pleasing performance of any World Cup. Our quality of play has NEVER been higher, yet there's still people who refuse to acknowledge that basic fact.

These people aren't worth the time of the day.

BringSoccerToIndy repped this.
  22. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    LMFAO @ Galaxy trolls... So the only people criticizing Klinsmann are Galaxy fans? whew... talk about out there.

I also love the comments bashing Mexico/Mexicans... while they won their last game pretty handily and went through with 7 pts. Tough to say we've bettered their performance so far. But yes, rag on them.

Seriously guys put this in legit perspective. We beat Ghana 2-1. Portugal beat Ghana 2-1. We drew 2-2 with Portugal. Both Portugal and us lost to Germany. We went through on Goal differential, which for us was even. For Portugal it was -3, because in the opening game they blew it verse Germany, with the red card allowing it to become a blow-out. We didn't have a positive goal differential, we went through because Portugal had a horrible goal differential.

How is this down to Klinsmann? Bradley has absolutely sucked as a #10, Bedoja was hit or miss, and Davis was basically useless. Altidore pulled up lame and we had no replacement for him. Our defense gave away numerous poor balls. Over-training seemed to be an issue wearing guys down and having several of our guys pull up with tight hamstrings, so now Klinsmann lightened up training (which it should've been to begin with). There were numerous times that game where Jones was seemingly trying to get a 2nd yellow to be thrown out of the game, and Klinsmann should've taken him off.

We didn't advance because of our great merit, we advanced because both Ghana and Portugal had major implosions. Portugal in the first match, and Ghana ahead of today's match with Portugal.

23. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The choice of Omar looks inspired. He played a really good game. Solid in defense. cutting out a few key moments and heading the ball out really well.

24. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

Li mu bei repped this.
  25. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F*** all the haters. This was the strongest group in the tournament. (NO, Costa Rica's group with the toothless lions, boring Italy and Baron von Dracula was not nearly as tight as this group.) And we got through it.

Thanks Klinsmann. Now let's get a day of rest, Jozy back, and get through the next round. But Klinsi has done what he's promised: Advance out of the strongest group we've ever been in.