Thank You for Justin Mapp! [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by cwhein, Nov 14, 2003.

1. cwhein

cwhein New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    USA
    Thank You for Justin Mapp!

S-u-c-k-e-r-s!

2. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well done by Mapp, he just blew by the NE defender. I don't have anything else to say right now because I'm going to celebrate/drink all night long.
    GO FIRE

3. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Justin Mapp's shockingly explosive first step, great speed, mazy dribbling skills, hard cross and shot make for an extremely high upside. I'm one of the few United fans that really wishes we still had him. IMHO, it's only a matter of time before he becomes a tremendous talent. Congrats on his play and what it led to. As there is no [R] in the title, I'll leave it at that.

I'm quite glad that the USMNT has Mapp developing as expected under Dave Sarachan. I only wish that United had a great coach as well. Frankly, if we had been one season more patient with Rongen (but the fans made that impossible), we'd have Sarachan as coach right now ... and most likely be in the MLS Cup because of him. :(

Best of luck to former DC United player Justin Mapp and Fairfax resident and longtime DC United season-ticket holder Dave Sarachan.

-Digital

4. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Well, we did get our team MVP for Justin Mapp, were he still here, I doubt that he would have seen a whole lot of time, so it looks as though everyone won out on the trade. He does have good pace though...

That was a long game... i'm tired from watching it.

5. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chicago should be filing criminal charges against United and Hudson.

I mean, we got an old player with (maybe) one season left in him who is going to be a distraction for the club while being an assistant who pushes his own teammates and loses his cool quicker then a virgin blows his wad, and Chicago only got a kid with a bright future who's got some good skills that will be developed to their fullest under the best club coach in America.

Fire/Wilt, we ripped you guys off!

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    F' you. F' Ray Hudson. F' everybody!

That play by Justin Mapp pissed me off to no f'ing end. I don't give a sh't that Chicago won. I'm not jealous that they're going to to cup. I am f'ing pissed that Chicago is so f'ing good and that they're fielding the likes of Justin "Hudson thought I was sh't" Mapp and they're coached by Dave "Should'a Waited For Me, DC" Sarachan.

Chicago continues to be the class of the league and the once proud DC United has been reduced to a bunch of infighting thugs led by the king jackass himself Ray "Flim Flam" Hudson. I just f'ing hate it. I can't f'ing stand what DC has become. And when you watch Chicago it's made so f'ing brilliantly clear.

Damnit! Look at Chicago. They're damned f'ing good. They're class. We're thugs. God, f'ing damnit, we've got a$$holes getting cards for shoving their own teammates! It's such a disgrace. A total disgrace. Chicago fans have so much to be proud of. DC United fans - well, unless you're a member of the sh't don't smell crowd - we just don't. We are sh't and we do f'ing stink and this f'ing sucks.

Good for Justin Mapp. I thought he had great potential when he was with DC United. Since then he's become nothing but the absolute symbol of everything that is wrong with DC United. Every success he has is nothing but so much salt rubbed into the gaping wound that has lately been my support of this team. I don't even known what the f' that means!

I probably shouldn't even post this. Some people will think I'm an a$$hole. But what the hell ... It's not like I haven't posted drunken rants here before. And if they think me an a$$hole they probably thought that before anyway.

Great. Whatever. F' it.

7. mls0soccer0nmu

mls0soccer0nmu New Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Burke, VA
    I'm pretty sure we got Dema for Mapp.

8. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    I think both teams won on this one. Dema was GREAT for us this season - the no-doubt team MVP. And he's hardly an old man - he just turned 26.

BTW, cwhein, go to hell you troll. Your team has class. You don't.

9. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    Knave that just might be your best post ever.

10. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Congrats Fire, too bad Boca and Beasley will be gone next year.

11. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    With Kelly Gray and maybe Carlos Elliot to replace them.

12. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just be thankful for Justin's sake that he got the hell out of here. Let's see...who is young and has been developed by Hudson?

Hmmmm...

Silence?

I love watching these playoff games and being able to say time and again, "Oh, he used to play for United..."

Sigh.

13. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    Justin Mapp and Kelly Gray will be there. Chicago should be okay next yr.

14. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    10 years from now The Cartographer for The Demanator trade will be remembered as one of the 10 greatest steals of all time.

There ya go, Tron! :eek:

15. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    You have lost it Knave.

Nice rational post... The guy does jack $hit against us and you slam everything that is United for one goal against a team they are going to beat f-ing regardless.

Dema will beat your pansy ass Mapp any day of the week. Jump the f-ing bandwagon "super moderator". I am glad you can "smell the $hit" from the west coast.

p.s. delete your idiotic rant today when you sober up and BS.com will have seen its last dime from me.

p.s.s. Glad to see you dont give a $hit when people troll if you agree with it. A non hypocritical twat would delete this whole thread.

16. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    I haven't had the urge to post anything since United's crap playoff experience but screw you Knave go be a Fire moderator/fanboy.
    If you hate United so much go piss off and dry hump Mapp.

17. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ah no Begbie, he got one thing right in his post.

Well done.
    :D

18. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Why do I get the feeling that Knave didn't write that or he was drunk off his ass? Seriously, I've never seen anything even close to that from him all season, so I tend to get paranoid when people all of a sudden have personality changes.

19. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I was thinking the same thing.

20. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Eh, maybe. But at this point I'm gonna roll with it.
    That attitude just typifies everything that is lately wrong with DC United. Sure Dema can kick Mapp's ass. Great! That's not something to be proud of.

Dema's never going to be a better player than he is right now. Mapp is just getting started. Ursula is right, the Mapp for Dema trade is gonna go down as one of the great MLS bargains. But it's not going to take ten years. Mapp's going to surpass Dema much, much sooner than that.

That we didn't stick it out with Mapp, that we couldn't even begin to offer an environment in which a player with Mapp's potential could succeed - that's a disgrace. I hate that and everyone who considers themselves supporters of DC United should hate that too.

And, yes, I hate that DC United has become such a thuggish team. That is not something to be proud of either.

And if it gives some jollies to wax on about how Dema can beat up Mapp, well - that's just juvenile and pathetic. If you want cheer for the guy who can beat up his opponent I suggest you try another sport - like boxing or wresting.

If saying that makes me an a$$hole then I'm proud to be an a$$hole.

21. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I wrote it. About every six months I post a rant like that. It's good therapy. ;)

22. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Here is one to book on... Mapp is not and never will be the player that Dema Kovalenko is today. Dema is 26 years old. He is hardly over the fvcking hill.

I never meant that Dema would "beat" anyone up. I simply meant to imply that as a soccer player Mapp is a wet wipe to a player like Dema's ass. Once more your paranormal moderator skills have failed you Senor Knave.

Keep slamming the team though, I am enjoying that.

23. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
  24. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    all hail the conquering mod that "tells it like it is" :rolleyes:

25. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The funny thing is that you're all riled up over what I wrote but in saying that I'm upset about one goal in a game that we didn't even play in makes it quite obvious that you actually didn't read my rant too carefully. I'm damned upset about a whole lot of things but that one goal really ain't one of them.

So rant and rave about what I wrote if you like but, seriously, at least direct the ranting and raving towards what I actually said.