Thank you Barra Brava/Screaming Eagles/DC United Supporters

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by schwabe13, Nov 19, 2007.

1. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    I had a great time in DC. :)
    Thanks to Barra Brava, which allowed me, to stand the last 15 min of the game in the front row and wave my flag ( the german/ Texian Army ).
    You guys are cool, when you come to H- town for a game , ask for "The Kraut" .
    I'll share a few beers with you.
    Screaming Eagles : perfect tailgate, we can learn from you ..

2. onecrazykraca

onecrazykraca Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Houstone
    Re: Thank you Barra Brava

Agreed!! Bunch of cool guys!

3. ResidentOkie

ResidentOkie New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Houston, TX

I agree. The different types of beer and general tailgate set up was class. Come to Houston, and I'll get you guys a pint or two.

PS--Thanks for putting up with some of us at the 4X4 soccer in the streets/USA friendly Sat. morning. I know we stunk up that tourney.

4. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My thanks goes out to all of the DC hosts. The Saturday morning event was FANTASTIC, and the hospitality BarraBrava showed us on Sunday was more that could be expected from a "rival" support group. We truly have much respect for you.

I also would like to thank the person who gave me the chair. I have not even taken it out of the bag, I have been so busy, but it was a nice gesture. Let me know who you are and I will buy you a beer next time I am in DC (I actually get down there fairly often).

5. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

you guys deserve a stadium and i hope that guy on that banner you guys held up gets you one. you could always pawn some of you trophies you got plenty more.

keep up the good work. Texian Army has a lot of respect for BB. "Muerte o Gloria" indeed.

6. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You had flashes of brilliance. :)

7. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nobody celebrated goals like we did. (including own-goals)

8. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA

We (Screaming Eagles) always have a wide variety of beer at the tailgates. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

BTW - The Screaming Eagles have come to Houston, two years in a row! You owe me a pint! ;)

9. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thank you to everyone in DC, great people, great fans, great club. You guy's were awesome. Much respect from this German as well.

10. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston

This was my first time to DC and my first experience with SE/BB and it was a very good one. You were extremely gracious hosts.

It would not have been fun to play against DC, but maybe we will in 2008!

11. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

The Screaming Eagles have definitely been in Houston. I hung out with a couple last year before the game. Very knowledgable and very drunk at the same time. I get upset about our ******** and culero crap they say down here then I hear your songs about the referee's sister and other songs. You guys never stopped singing the whole game. Please get a hold of us before you come down so we can buy you guys some beer.

12. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134

Hey Okie, I was the guy talking to y'all for a while - the one who brought the good beer to the parking lot in Dallas. You guys didn't really bring the soccer skillz Saturday morning but you did bring the funny. And special props for getting Armas to play on your team :D

13. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Some Dude: "We are going to go over the rules, teams please come in"
    Art Vandaley: *interrupting* "Rule number 1, if you score a goal, you chug a beer. Rule number 2, if you commit a foul, you chug a beer, rule number three, if you chug a beer, you chug a beer .... each goal is being weighted down by a case of beer, this is where you will grab your beer when you score (this was true, each goal was weighted down by beer)"
    Some Dude: *blank stare*

14. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't thank the Supporters in DC enough, I am soo impressed with the skill and organization in your tailgating.( say nothing of the extreme generousity) We have lots to learn. Granted you all have a decade up on us but I hope you noticed the passion and heart that we bring to the game.
    The kindred passion I witnessed from you all was awe inspiring and I feel a bond that will endure forever.****pounds clinched fist on chest over heart.
    Thank you for truly being the example for the league to live up to.

15. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I need to go back to Washington sometime to really get to know it, I didn't have enough time to get to visit the White House or the Capitol. but I'm proud I had the chance to meet some of the best soccer fans I've ever met in the Barra Brava and Screaming Eagles.
    Thanks for being there, thanks to the Barra Barra members that traded scarfs with me and the wife. I'll cherish and hang them on me like a badge of pride.

One day I'll visit and stand with you guys during a game.........GRACIAS !!

Lalo.

16. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh I actually think that was my friend and I. We really appreciated the trade, and thanks to you guys for coming down and making the game entertaining for us drunken, disappointed DC fans. Looking forward to going back to Houston for an away game!

17. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Really?? well I hope you don't want the scarfs back, they're mine now !!
    Hope to get together soon my friend.

18. RSCA_TEXAN

RSCA_TEXAN Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    thank you DC United Supporters...

you made the trip, experience and game AWESOME!!

and a specially thank to our Hostess

[​IMG]

19. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I had my moment in the sun

20. korey

korey New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Lincoln, NE
    On behalf of the guys from American Outlaws, thank you so much to Kim, Dave, and all the DC fans who put everything on this weekend. Your organization was exceptional and your helpfulness was wonderful. Truly, a model for the Outlaws to follow. We look forward to working together in the future. Thanks again.

Korey from the American Outlaws

21. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose there isn't much left to say as far as positives go. I think it's safe to assume that we can go back to respectfully hating each other now. Let's be realistic, this was the cup and was a special occasion in which we had a common enemy. But come competition time, we're enemies again...so I wouldn't expect a full "warm welcome" from everyone if you end up straying into our end of the stadium for a tailgate. Again thanks for the hospitality at the cup, that was class.

22. ResidentOkie

ResidentOkie New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Houston, TX

In a way, you had a goal and assist in the last game....maybe for the other team, but we celebrated it enough

23. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    That girl pointing looks familiar...:D
    I didn't even know anyone was taking the picture.:confused:

24. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, thanks yall. We had a great time in DC. It was fun talking to all the DC supporters and it was amazing how many of yall walked up to me after the game and congratulated me and my team. That was awesome. And the groups that were jumping in time to our drums in front of us, that was, like, amazing, the way yall rocked the stands like that. Hopefully both of us are going to have our own stadiums to rock really soon!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it to you before, but your city's pretty nice, too. The metro is really cool, and there are a couple of impressive buildings. There's this one guy from Texas who I'm not crazy about living up there, but he has a really nice white house, and there are some nice monuments around there too. Unfortunately we were so sore after walking all day before and after the game, we barely could make it to the sights, but we forced ourselves and I'm glad we did. It gets dark there at, what?, like about 4 in the afternoon? So it was a little dark in our pictures, but we did it!!!

And among the things I found out, if you ask people for a soda water they look at you funny and try to give you a glass of water. You have to ask for a coke or something I guess....

Anyways, thanks guys and see you in LA next year!!!!!!! :D

25. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daylight savings time is a bitchh.