Thank You All

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Red&Black, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    I want to thank everyone who helped make this year such a special year for La Barra.

This has been a landmark year, not only because of the great results on the field but what we have done as a Supporter's Club. We have had more events and activities than ever before. From the pre-season party, to the viewing parties to the swamp romp, we've done a ton. Throw in a new website, record amounts of charity fundraising and tailgates that have truly been "kicked up a notch" and I think we can safely say this has been the best year yet for La Barra.

It is you guys, the ones who come every week, who bring extra beer and food and who always give 100% during the match, dig deep to help U4DC, etc. Everyone One of You is our MVP.

Thank you all so much for everything you do.

Rob

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Amen, brother, amen.

The funny thing is that's so easy to do. The passion makes it easy.

Go United!!!

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Very well said Rob. From one of the oldest members to all our newest members I think we've cemented a relationship that's unique among supporters groups. We've had some new infusion in the Barra of some talented folks who have put alot of time and money into promoting our group. We hung together like family when tragedy hit. We shared food and drink and laughs and tears. And above all we brought it hard all season for our club we all love so much. I would like to think that we helped the team on the field. I know thru all of your hard work and commitment we helped them off the field by supporting U4DC. Win or lose in LA, the Barra has done its job this year and every last one of you should be proud of your support of DC United.

My heart and my gut tell me we're coming home from LA with The Cup that is rightfully ours. Rest assured that the Barra members in attendance will bring it just as hard at the HDC as we did at RFK.

Chico

4. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need a Barra member to wear Pauline's ribbon at the Cup. Any volunteers?

GM

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    DONE!

6. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, we'll "have to" hook up at Kilroy's or something this week. Suggestions?

GM

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think I still have mine, I'll go check. If not I'm hooking up with Scruggsy Thursday night at Kilroy's to finalize our travel plans. He left for Dallas tonight and will return wednesday night.

Plus I spoke with the Duffman tonight and he's planning on travelling to LA also. :)

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    What a fantastic season, and what a fantastic night.

Tommy, I wish you were gonna be in LA next weekend.

9. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Where are you all getting your best rates for travel to LA. If I can find something reasonable I might give it a shot to get there...baring any family matters. Oscar and I were still debating an LA trip last night.

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We found a round trip thru Travelocity for $280. I'll email it to you.

11. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    I have one of the pink ribbons here....just let me know..

12. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more the merrier, but I'd like for the one I wore to several games to take the trip to the left coast.

GM

13. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    if you downtown this week call me i'll get it from you.

14. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As one of the newer members of Barra Brava, I just want to thank all the founders, and long time members for making this one hell of a year. BB is truly a family, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'd name names, but I think its best to say the group as a whole rocks, and I can't wait until next season! I hope the level of envolvement on the part of Barra stays as strong and continues to grow!

VAMOS UNITED!

And to our brothers and sisters heading to LA, don't come home without our CUP damn it!

15. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Word!

16. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team: