Thank God For The Fire

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by genpabloescobar, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this topic should be deleted as it really doesn't serve any purpose of the fire.

2. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    No, but I will seriously and I mean SERIOUSLY
    start following Cricket

HOWZAT!!!!!!!...whatever the hell that means

-------------

"You may have a heart of gold, but so does a hard-boiled egg."

Navjot Singh Sidhu

3. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

cricket is the only sport i've ever seen to have a decimal in the score.

that's when i gave up trying to understand.

4. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not nearly enough. :)

5. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've never heard of a decimal in a cricket score...well, you can have fractions of an over reported, but that's not really the score...ahh, cricket, gotta love it...

6. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    I disagree. I think many Sox fans enjoy the fact that our team is a bit less in the limelight because we dont get all the BS hype that you guys do. I think many Sox fans like it that way.

PS

Go Braves!!

PPS

Yes my friend REALLY would suicide bomb the Cubs dugout. He was 100 percent serious when he made that remark.

7. chitrader

chitrader BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2002
    Hell-Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I revel in my hatred of the Cubs. I drink deeply from the well of anti-Cub feeling precisely because of arrogant posts like this. It's even worse right now because I live in Lincoln Park, home for the ignorant tranplant Cub fan, who pays attention when "Sammy" is up, in between hitting on the Trixies in the world's largest beer garden. At least I have the Fire to slake my thirst for championships!

And yes, I am miserable right now, thanks for asking! ;)

8. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Two of the three best assets the Sox have had in the last 20 years they GAVE to the Cubs -- Harry and Sammy.

9. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    uh, what does an announcer have to do with success?

10. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    This is funny. Mac, I think you're proving his point. How pathetic is it when a team's best asset is the announcer?

GO FIRE!

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to show how wrong you are: Before Harry the cubs never sold out, the bleachers were not popular and they didn't have to open the upper deck most games. With tv shots of good looking women in tank tops in the bleachers and harry talking about them, they are now the hottest tickets.The Cubs now have the money to spend they didn't under Wrigley. The Cubs payroll is usually higher than the sox because they can afford it because of Harry. Now the cubs management does not always spend wisely that is true but at least they have the money to spend rather than having to have white flag sales.

macktheknife and bunge just come on and say Fanaddict you are correct, and I bow to your wisdom.

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I refuse to gloat.

.....ummmmmm....

:D

:D

13. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. The worst part is that, I have a job where I talk to people across the country and I have to put up with all the comments to the effect, "Pretty happy about the Cubbies, huh?", which my response is to the effect "Do nightmares make you happy?"

2. I have vowed, once I win the Big Game lottery, to purchase the Cubs and Fire, plow Wrigley Field into the ground, and build the Firehouse there! That way everybody wins :D.

3.Thank God for the FIRE!!!!

Chicago team Power Rankings
    1. Fire
    2. Cubs
    3. Sox
    4. Bulls
    5. Bears
    6. Hawks

Who cares (at least on these boards):
    Wolves
    The Arena-American Football Team (not the U.S. national team ;))

14. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    :p

15. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I need to bump this to help my suffering in Cub hell.

16. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    White Sox fans are consumed with jealousy for their more attractive sibling. White Sox fans are the Jan Bradys of sports.

"Cubbies, Cubbies, Cubbies"!

17. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I sat and watched a pitiful performance by the Cubs today I realized that when I watch the Fire, even if they're down a couple of goals, there is always a sense of excitement because I know they can pull it off. Watching the Cubs was painful because it was pretty obvious they probably couldn't (almost proved wrong in the 9th), and most likely wouldn't (proved right). The Fire is a team that has a world of talent an a level of confidence that even their fans feel. The Cubs looked beaten before the third inning, and from that point on it just wasn't fun to watch.

18. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    it wasnt fun to watch

As I sat and watched a pitiful performance by the Cubs today I realized that when I watch the Fire, even if they're down a couple of goals, there is always a sense of excitement because I know they can pull it off. Watching the Cubs was painful because it was pretty obvious they probably couldn't (almost proved wrong in the 9th), and most likely wouldn't (proved right). The Fire is a team that has a world of talent an a level of confidence that even their fans feel. The Cubs looked beaten before the third inning, and from that point on it just wasn't fun to watch.

---Until Sunday---

Cubbies, cubbies, cubbies

19. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    You have Arne Harris to thank for that, not Harry.

20. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder who Anty Rayzov likes? (please tell these FSW announcers how to pronounce names)

Help me I am in Cub hell!! The worst part is that the Fox announcer kept talking like all of Chicago is partying down. AAHHH!!!

21. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Arnie Harris was the master of getting shots on tv of hot women but it was Harry talking about them and in general making wrigley field seem like the fun, drinking, party type of place to be that popularized wrigley field.

22. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    advantage me

may have been confused by the period/comma switch they do over there (that is, they use commas where we use 'decimal points', and periods where we use commas in numbers)

in any case, how sick are the Sox fans today?

personally, I've never really understood the hatred between cubs and sox fans - living far enough outside the city has afforded me the opportunity to root for all of Chicago's teams as my own.

And before all you rabid north and southsiders start bellowing about how you CAN'T BE A FAN OF BOTH TEAMS, I mock thee one and all, for I have had twice as many baseball seasons to enjoy as any of you.

mh - looking for a Cubs - Boston world series.