Thank God For The Fire

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by genpabloescobar, Sep 27, 2003.

1. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Because as a White Sox fan, I'm very depressed.

2. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    I'm just annoyed.
    Now the Sox win
    grrr....
    Anyway, thank God for the fire.

3. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    My thoughts exactly...

Of course the White Sox are going to win big now. They do this every year. Once they are out of contention, they decide to start winning... It was even the case with those brutal teams in the late 80s.

GO FIRE!

4. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Folks, the fact of the matter is that the Fire and Cubs are neck and neck for the title of the best team in town. The Bulls are next, then the Bears and BHawks, and then, maybe then, the Sox. Sorry.

5. sachinag

sachinag New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO
    Wait, wait. The Bears are better than the Sox? The Blackhawks, too? You are aware that the White Sox have a winning record, despite the fact that they choked, right? Perhaps you missed the issue of the Tribune where the Bears are 0-2. Maybe your Sun-Times with the Blackhawks preview was eaten by a neighborhood jungle cat. I don't know.

6. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ehg, wait until next year i suppose.

naturally, i mean wait until next year when it'll just happen again.

7. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    Um, while the Sox did choke and certainly don't deserve to win their division, they still will have a winning record. The Bears and the Blackhawks are the two worst teams in their respective leagues. Closer to a championship??? There is a better chance of me scoring a date with Jennifer Love Hewitt than either of those teams winning anything. At least the Sox fooled you into thinking they had a chance...

GO FIRE! I'm just hoping the Fire will make up for all this summer!!

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hypothetical question--If the cubs did go on to win the world series how many sox fans would cut their wrists?

9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be more worried about what they'll do to Cub fans.

10. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry about Cub fans. They'll just hire private security and put up concrete barricades around Lincoln Park.

- Paul

11. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago

HAHA. I have this friend who says that if the Cubs were ever about the win the World Series. He'd wait until two outs in the 9th and then run out on to the field wearing explosives and run into the Cubs dugout and blow everything up....thereby preventing it from it happening.

12. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I guess that proves that at least 1 Sux fan is bright enough to have something sink in from the time they spend at bin-Laden's training camp for terrorists.

Pathetic.

13. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    Ahhhh. Just now recovering from my day yesterday at Wrigley. I had Sox fans (friends of mine) sitting behind me. The 8 year old told me that it was "the worst day of his life". I just had to laugh. They teach hatred at a young age down south. And of course, the thing that really drives them crazy is that they know we could care less about them.

14. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL

?? That above statement made no sense what-so-ever.

15. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Alright, I was pretty happy about yesterday until I read this. What a waste of tickets to have Sox fans there hoping to see the Cubs lose. ;)

16. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Every pro-Cub I dealt with yesterday got the same response...."Oh yeah? Wait til the Fire are in the championship again! Then you'll see how much I will be partying!"

17. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    The thing is.....rooting against the Cubs is just too damn fun!!!

But seriously, I know just as many Cub fans who root against the Sox than Sox fans who root against the Cubs. I once was at a bar, and both games were going, you had cheers for both teams when they did good, and when they both did bad. Its harmless fun.

18. westmalle1

westmalle1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    This thread is too funny! Everyone I talked to yesterday assumed that I was thrilled that the Cubs won. I think that is what ticks off Sox fans the most. There are people out there that could care less about the beloved Cubs. Just can't get myself to jump on that bandwagen. My interest in baseball for the season ended last week. I can't wait for the next Fire match! Too much to cheer for to stay depressed!

19. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a fire fan first. I'm a fan of other chicago sports teams also but the problm is when the others do well it knocks the fire off the newspaper pages alltogether.

20. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sox fans are jealous of the coverage the Cubs get period. No one cares about the Sox. They are second class citizens in this town when it comes to baseball. I am a Fire fan first but I love my Cubbies!!
    MLS cup and a World Series in the same season. What else could I ask for! Go Fire and Go Cubs!!!!!!!

P.S.
    Sox suck!!!

21. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw three Fire jerseys in Wrigleyville last night, which of you was out there parting?...and which of you didn't respond when I yelled "who's the best?" and didn't get a response, except from everyone around me shooting me a WTF look?

22. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Keith,

Get Bent.

23. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    please die.

24. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I rest my case. It's about suicide bombings son, we can move the class along a bit more slowly for Sux fans if we need too. . .

25. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jason Bent?