TFC vs. NYCFC, March 7, 2020

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    A stiff test for both teams as TFC open their home season against NYCFC. These are two of the three teams I expect to be battling for the top of the east at the end of the season so it's interesting to have them meet up so soon.

I'm hoping TFC can stomp the visitors before either team really hits its stride for the season.

I'm also looking at the weather forecast and wondering who at MLS headquarters felt it necessary to schedule a TFC home game quite so early in the season.

2. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    It's beautiful out there today! And no wind either. I'm looking forward to it!

Biggest challenge will be the new ticketing system - probably a good day to be there early, rather than get stuck at the gates, when everyone discovers that you can't just install the app at the last second, with poor reception in a huge crowd.

3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    A win. The actual winning goal wasn't the greatest but there were other chances that could have gone in and NYC didn't have much going so I'll take it.

With this small sample size, the team is looking pretty good. Especially given that Bradley and Piatti haven't played yet and Altidore hasn't been much of a factor so far.