TFC vs. Montreal in Florida

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    TFC takes on the Impact in a must win game to advance in the season opening tournament.

Osorio is listed as out (as is Achara for the season). Morrow is questionable. Altidore isn't listed on the injury list but is apparently still unofficially questionable due to fitness?

Hopefully Vanney learned his lesson about subbing out starters and simply goes for the win.

2. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It was a good game in terms of attack, Pozuelo looks sharp and nice to see Akinola take his chance to impress up top. Like what I see from Piatti who looks to be a clever player and will help take the pressure off Pozuelo.

3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I'd really like the CSA to take a serious shot at capping Akinola. He was born in Detroit but lived most of his life here and came up through the TFC system. I can understand him being interested in the US program but it's still worth a shot.

As for last night's game, we were still quite sloppy on defense. That will need to get better because we aren't going to score four every night. But, hey, we scored four and beat Montreal.

We are now two wins, two draws, and no losses on the season. Even though it feels like it should be four wins, that's a great start.

I'm looking forward to getting Osorio and Altidore back because that will only make us stronger yet.

4. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Gonzalez had a tough time dealing with the pace of Quioto, at one point early in the second half he was labouring pretty hard which is why I think Vanny brought on Ciman (who looks pretty rusty).

I do like the make up of this side and there is no reason we can't go on to win this tournament.

5. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    TFC has dominated all four games. As it looks so far, the only way for them not to win is self-inflicted wounds although before I get ahead of myself, we historically play poorly against New England.