TFC vs DC United in the covid cesspool

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by whitbytfcfan, Jul 12, 2020.

1. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I always thought this tournament was a dumb idea but I was all excited to watch this morning. They might play tonight, they might play at a later date? Seriously, what a gong show.

2. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    Take 3 is 9 AM on Monday.

I can't understand why anyone thinks it's a good idea to be there. Even if there are no more cases, and no long-term health impacts for the dozen or so players that have already tested positive ... they are making low-paid hotel staff travel in dangerous conditions to get the facilty.

I have no comprehension how they aren't on lockdown, when there case rate is about 10 times higher than we were at peak ... close to 100 times higher now - and we still have tighter restrictions than they do.

The lack of concern that many Americans seem to have for human life is beyond comprehension. It's disturbingly disgusting.

3. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think Greg Vanney had a touch of COVID in the 2nd half of this one. Really up 2-0 and dominant and some lack lustre trying to slow down for 45 minutes in the 2nd half instead of going to get 3. then to do a double center full back switch. i get it. Its hot and humid and havent played in 4 months...but so has the other team. Everyone is in the same boat here and its a short tournament and you need 3 points not giving back to the other teams in your group. Sad that they havent learned as a team that usually gives up late to put it on the front foot always even when you are dominating throughout. Shame that 3 points got away

4. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    ^ I agree. This wasn't a preseason warm up, it was a real game. Now we have no breathing room for making the knock out round.

5. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Vanney got cocky - simple as that. Taking guys like Pozuelo and Piatti off wasn't wrong, but to take both CB's off and then replace them with Ciman and Zavaleta is hubris.

6. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Vanney has always had way too much confidence in his bench. Sub ONE CB, not both. We've all seen Zavaleta and Ciman play respectably when partnered with a competent partner and we've seen them be an epic disaster when paired with each other. He seemed to pick up on the "never, ever play them together" principle late last season and through the playoffs and it looks like he totally forgot.