[tfc-mtl R]

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by HardHatMike, Jul 23, 2008.

1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: Where's The Outrage??? [TFC-MTL R]

I hope the following helps in locating the elusive outrage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. joga_bonito

joga_bonito New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I was at the game and got some of this on video with my cell phone. It's not the best footage but you can clearly see people throwing stuff at the players.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

3. anewsoccerfan

anewsoccerfan Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC

</thread> :D

4. TorFC-TML

TorFC-TML New Member

May 5, 2007
    Toronto
    God kill me now. :p

I will honestly sit here and tell you there were not. Now I was standing in 115 and can barely hear the person next to me never mind hear the entire south end so I cant speak for anyone else but I never heard a single anti-Quebecois word even muttered, never mind yelled.

5. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Promise?

Of course, when Crew fans tried to use this argument in their defense for not having somehow prevented the YouTube douche from making his slur, it was laughed off.

Interesting.

6. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    If you're going to use the no one likes us we don't care thing, then your fans probably shouldn't make threads whining that people criticize your fans more than others because it's obvious you do care.

7. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    To be fair, this thread started out as a bit of a tongue-in-cheek thing, then the title got changed.

In other words, lighten up, Francis.

8. TorFC-TML

TorFC-TML New Member

May 5, 2007
    Toronto
    Im not in any Toronto supporters group and I dont stand with them. Anyway, theres tons of RPB and U-Sector videos on youtube and on their websites so feel free to go look for some racial slurs. As everyone here knows they arent shy about putting themselves on video.

And that doesnt relate to the point anyway. I simply said I didnt hear anything. Youre conjecture was that there already is a debate about whether anit-Quebecois slurs were used and there quite simply are no accusations of such thing occuring at all. The Impact had plenty of time to listen for them while they stood in front of the Toronto Supporters Groups celebrating (much like Dube in front of your SG's) however none of them have said a thing about it.

And these are the people who tried to petition the government of Canada to have Shane Doan stripped of his Canadian captaincy for an alleged anti-Quebecois slur (which was found to be false) used in an NHL game against a french Referee.

If those people havent said a word about ethnic slurs being hurled from Ontarians to Quebecors then I dont think some guy in Columbus has any grounds to assume that there was.

9. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of which, I guess free speech is done for around here. It was tongue in cheek, but whichever mod felt the need to whip his dick out and slap people with it completely removed any evidence of that.

10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Yeah, Mike, but it's still fun to watch the overblown San Jose responses.