TFC fans encouraged to come to Columbus

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by MLS Detroit, May 21, 2007.

1. MLS Detroit

MLS Detroit Member

Jan 20, 2001
    Melvindale, MI, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TFC fans:

The entire league is impressed with your passion, enthusiasm and unwavering support for your club. We are hoping that you consider a road trip to Columbus this weekend. Its an eight-hour drive but we could definitely use a dose of your enthusiasm as we have been lucky to have our stadium at 50% capacity. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Columbus your nearest road trip?

2. TorFC-TML

TorFC-TML New Member

May 5, 2007
    Toronto
    Apparently there are season ticket holders who drive 5 or 6 hours (one way) to see our home games.

There were lots of fans in New England. I bet there will be a great showing in Columbus.

3. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    TFC fan from Dayton, Oh coming up to see my TFC screw the Crew this Saturday. I also think there are some people in Indiana and Kentucky coming up for the game as well.
    I desperately want to see TFC in Toronto. I would probably would want to make it a long weekend for me and see the sites as well.

4. TFCSteve

TFCSteve Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Toronto
    There are going to be at least 120 supporters on a couple of buses coming up, plus any that join us by car. Looking forward to it!

5. DetroitTFC

DetroitTFC BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't make it to Columbus this weekend but plan on going 7/22, Michigan Bucks are playing Ft. Wayne Fever before the MLS match with tailgating between games, so 2-fer for me, if the Bucks fans don't mind me being in TFC colors.

Man, come to Toronto - four hours each way, no problemo. I've done it three times now.

6. cmonureds

cmonureds New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    I hope to be able to make it up this weekend, knock wood. Can't seem to locate any threads with supporters events, good bars in C'bus or the like. Please post? Thnx

7. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    120! If we have 80 supporters show up we would have about twice the supporters the crew has. I hope you're right. It would be so awesome for this to be a HOME game.

8. t.o_moose

t.o_moose New Member

May 17, 2007
    I'm on the Red Patch Boys board, and we have a bus going down with 56 supporters. I've also heard that U-Sector has filled their own bus for the trip.

Also, on both sites there are people saying that they are taking their own cars down for the match

If anyone here is planning on making the trip, RPB's and U-Sector are taking up residence in 110

Hope to see some of you there! :)