TFC 2020 Playoff Games (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Our first (hopefully of many) playoff games this year is on November 24 against Nashville.

I'm having a hard time reading TFC right now. I see one of two scenarios for this playoffs:

a) We crash out in the first game with a huge upset loss to Nashville.
    b) We rediscover our demolition mode and go all the way to the cup.

crazypete13 repped this.
  2. 613RepresentingTFC

613RepresentingTFC New Member

Toronto FC
    Jul 15, 2019
    Kingston, Ontario
    Let's hope it's option B. I would really like to see a similar result like the playoff game against DC last year...find that form and just keep steamrolling along!

I know what you mean about the concerns though, seems the team can be so dominant at times and no one can touch them...and then we see the last few games where we have barely put shots on net. I'm hoping the time off has helped them all recover and we come out of this one stronger

crazypete13 repped this.
  3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    A frustrating end to a promising season but not out of keeping with how we've been playing of late.

There are certainly specific discussion points about what could have been done differently but last night (and other recent losses) have fundamentally come down to an inability to generate goals. When the defense holds the other team scoreless over 90 minutes, you've got to win that game.

crazypete13 repped this.