Texian Army Tailgates 2008

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by newtex, Mar 14, 2008.

1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate the thoughtfulness but I must say this again....y'all are getting way to close to a freakin' picnic on a Sat afternoon rather than a dog and a keg stand before a soccer match.

Freakin' wake up people!

2. OrangeTica

OrangeTica Member

Nov 30, 2007
    213/214 beeches
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

no honey, we just want our cholesterol to be at its right number while attending much more soccer games in our lives....& ALSO TO LOOK GREAT, dogs and alcohol dont help our physique....:p

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tell you all this is why there are no female inchas in other nations! Here in MLS you Tica Tica are surrounded by hundreds of guys who are preparing for the match at hand just like the rest of the world and yet you and the other chicas are worried as well about your freakin' physique! C'mon loca!!! Time and place!

You should just focus on drinking beer and eating wieners! ;)

4. OrangeTica

OrangeTica Member

Nov 30, 2007
    213/214 beeches
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

oh those of u that know me, know i love me some beer.....i do....but we dont have to cram ourselves with beer & dogs at every game.... my bday is in august so i will be bringing goodies (alcohol) & there is a game that day so it'll be fun :) yay!

5. Super Dynamo

Super Dynamo New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Houston

Nice...very nice. :D And this why I love the Mezz! Oh and yeah please no egg or mayo involved at the tailgate...I thought smelled egg and beer farts at last years MLS Cup. :rolleyes: hehehe

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Would beans and coffee be better?

[youtube]R6dm9rN6oTs[/youtube]

7. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I'm going to get beat up for this, but maybe one of the reasons other inchas around the world don't do the tailgate thing the way TA does is because they don't have a wonderful partner like the Mezzanine supplying food and beer and arranging for appreciation parties and prizes....you think?? Just my opinion, FWIW.

Thanks Tonya and Tommy - you are the best!:)

8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    not beating you up....just explaining, but tailgating is an american concept. i think i attended 1 tailgate the first year (even though i was a TA member) because i didn't get the concept of sitting under a tree 3 hrs before the game chit-chatting. my theory is that there's much more room in the US to stretch your legs and do the 'pasture' thing. in other countries space is at a premium and there's not places to lay out except on sidewalks outside the stadium (but it does have the added benefit that peeps passing by may throw you some $$$$$). :D you should of met Offenbacher's friend that came from Germany last year. he was befuddled by the tailgating concept.

in most Latin American countries there are CHEAP mobile food vendors outside stadiums and bars that serve food/more importantly beer in the general vicinity. the european countries obviously have their pub culture.

9. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I don't think the eating and chit chatting is a bad thing, this time can also be spent introducing and meeting new members and, more importantly, practicing new chants and songs. :)

Thanks for the explanation (and not beating me up. ;))

10. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I don't know why people knock on the Tailgates for !!
    Dynamogal; I've been around the Monterrey Stadium's block around enough times to tell you that from anywhere in the city of Monterrey you can hijack a public bus and take you fifty of your friends or not so friends who have been hanging around at the corner just shooting the breeze. it just takes one dude to walk bye and mention he's heading to the Stadium and that gets the ball rolling for everyone and their brother to get the urge to wanna go.

When you get there you buy some tacos al carbon or some sandwiches if you're feeling American that day. hell, you can buy semillitas too. as you munch on your goodies you'll start to notice trucks, semi's and those Hijacked busses packed with rowdy people on top of the hood even. After the game though it's every man for himself, we would wind up walking home most of the time.

What I'm saying is that there's no need for Tailgates in Monterrey because you arrive at the game with 100 or so people from your Colonia already. here with all the driving you have do to get to the Stadium yo have no time to mingle with your buddies unless you have a Tailgate.

I have no one to hangout with and talk Dynamo face to face where I live during the week, that's why I look foward to the Tailgates !!!!!

p.s.

And the wife don't count because she's a girl........right??

Hehe
    I keed I keed
    The Ball n' Chain is more diehard the me.

11. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    "Know your role and shut your mouth"

[​IMG]

LOL ;)

12. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fruit and Beer? :D
    You guys are asking for the drizzling sh*ts!
    Go stand in 212 with that mess!
    Bad enough Sam and I have the Guinness pedos!

13. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yossa, Indiana Jones appears in your avatar, cool.

Indy carried that whip for his females. Ha ha ha!

DALE DRUNK CHICKS THAT LOVE THE ORANGE!!!

14. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DING, DING, DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Nothing wrong at all with tailgates. I appreciate them immensely. But let's keep it as a secondary event and not a primary event.

15. houston_gunner

houston_gunner New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Houston
    Can we have someone bring us some orange slices and Capri Suns over in the smoker's corner during half time. I get a little dehydrate from sweating and my throat usually hurts. I need the sugar!!!!!

16. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I still have the whip if you need it.....:cool:

17. AeroSquire1836

Feb 13, 2007
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i prefer the diet coke and orange soda!!:rolleyes:

18. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure newtex will work with Tonya to make sure that whatever new food items are brought out this year aren't a PITA to those working the tailgate.

And the only people that should comment about the tailgates should be those that regularly attend them.

19. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. you can bring some inflatble games and some clowns too, to make the picnic more interesting for the kids too. :)

21. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Texian Army pre-game tailgates for weekend games.

WHAT: It's a gathering for the Texian Army and anyone else who wants to join us before home games. Before weekend games we have "All You Can Eat And Drink" (until the food and drink runs out). We typically have burgers, hot dogs, and either sausage or chicken along with chips, cookies, water, soda, and beer.

WHERE: Southwest of Robertson Stadium. We're in a grassy, shaded area near the parking lot off of Scott.

HOW MUCH: $5 for TA members / $7 for non-members.

WHEN: People start getting together about three hours before home games. Food is available as soon after that as we can get the grills going and meat cooked. The tailgate will end approximately 1 hour before the game so we can clean up and everyone can get into the stadium.

SPONSOR: The Mezzanine Lounge sponsors the TA tailgate.

Mid-week games are much more casual and will generally be BYOB without food provided. No cost, of course.

May Home Schedule

Saturday, May 3 - Chivas USA - game time 7:30 pm
    Full tailgate starting at 4:30 pm

Saturday, May 10 - Colorado Rapids - game time 7:30 pm

Saturday, May 31 - New York Red Bulls - game time 7:30 pm

22. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynamo Dave posted a reminder in one of the other threads, but it's probably a good idea to have one here too.

If you signed up on the TA site to help for a tailgate or other pre-game related activity, please remember the basic times.

The people who signed up to load and pick up supplies at the Mezz should be there at 3:30. I have the list of supplies.

The people who signed up to help set up at the tailgate site should be there at around the same time -- look for newtex if you haven't done it before.

23. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Texian Army pre-game tailgates for weekend games.

WHAT: It's a gathering for the Texian Army and anyone else who wants to join us before home games. Before weekend games we have "All You Can Eat And Drink" (until the food and drink runs out). We typically have burgers, hot dogs, and either sausage or chicken along with chips, cookies, water, soda, and beer.

WHERE: Southwest of Robertson Stadium. We're in a grassy, shaded area near the parking lot off of Scott.

HOW MUCH: $5 for TA members / $7 for non-members.

WHEN: People start getting together about three hours before home games. Food is available as soon after that as we can get the grills going and meat cooked. The tailgate will end approximately 1 hour before the game so we can clean up and everyone can get into the stadium.

SPONSOR: The Mezzanine Lounge sponsors the TA tailgate.

Mid-week games are much more casual and will generally be BYOB without food provided. No cost, of course.

June Home Schedule

Sunday, June 8 - Toronto FC - game time 7:30 pm

Thursday, June 12 - New England - game time 8:00 pm
    No official tailgate. We'll still meet at the regular spot. BYOB.

Thursday, June 26 - FCD - game time 8:00 pm
    No official tailgate. Meet at the regular spot. BYOB.

24. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    checks and balances !!!!!!!!!!!

25. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006