Texas University Shuts Down Affirmative Bake Sale

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by GringoTex, Sep 25, 2003.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Isn't that reasonable? I mean the price tags are apropriately progressive, for they reflect exactly the income level of this country on these races.

These college republicans are smart.

2. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Whites pay $1 for a cookie? The outrage!

I have seen a few white folks pay $3 for a cookie given a gourmet name at the local Starbucks.

3. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=10091

So the Mania spreads Behind The Orange Curtain.

This article seems to imply that there are people that go to UC Irvine that aren't Republicans?

I wonder what they charged for "Asian Pacific" students? (The Asian Pacific Student Association seems upset.)

I'm a conservative and I am not too keen on affirmative action. But if anyone deserves it, it's Pacific Islanders. At least around here, Samoans & Tongans who don't play football have a rough time going to college & they could use a little help.

But the last time I checked, UC Irvine had more Asians than an LPGA leaderboard.

4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Anyone see Chris Rock's bigger and blacker......

In it he goes through a pretty big rant about how white people are always whining about, we're losing control of ___________, we're losing ___________, we're losing that

He goes, if you guys aren't winning, who the hell is?

In my opinion, your either for equal treatment or you are not. I will be the first to say that we need to dump billions of dollars in inner city schools. If we do that, then possibly they will be on par with the schools in the suburbs. Until that point some differentiation should be made between students in terms of college admissions.

Regardless there is no justification in my mind for affirmative action ever. (i.e. preferential treatment in any capacity (quota, beneficial bonus in ranking system, etc.). For college attendance, come up with criteria that are tied to economic disadvantage instead of race. Did they have to work during school? Parents on welfare? School attended?

There are various factors that could be used instead of skin color.

5. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Belated rack'em.

6. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    THe most idiotic epithet ever invented to describe supposed sellouts makes it grand public debut in this article when the Hispanic girl says she gets called a 'coconut' buy the Mecha kids because she's brown on the outside, white on the inside. Really WTF that's blatant plagiarism on the oreo one. So what happens when you put the lime in .....
    put the lime in .....
    put the lime in ..... ?