Tevez

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Handsome Pete, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading Twitter moments ago you can imagine my shock learning that Tevez has confirmed he wants to leave City.

Seriously. Does this even count as a story anymore?

Please go. Take Kia with you. All your drama. Made up family bulls***. And don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Plenty of players want to play for City. Or at the very least do a much better job pretending that they do.

I imagine this whole story replays itself with his next club.

2. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Will miss him - as a player. But as a person he has given us nothing but a headache and he is replaceable despite what some say. We won the FA Cup with him missing the semi against United and most of the final against Stoke. We seem to function more as a team without him but at the same time sacrifice the individual brilliance he brings.

Speaking of which, James Ducker @ The Times saying we may push forward with an effort to hijack Aguero's move to Juventus. Perfect replacement. A swap for Eto'o would be good also.

3. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't care where he goes as long as its not in England. Don't want to hear about his kids, family I just want him to go away at this point

4. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so over the entire Tevez saga at this point. Its now thanks for your contribution you may go now. Problem is he may not have many suitors at this point. He has a high wage as well as what should be a high fee and he has a history of abandoning his club, we are the third club he has done this to. We could well be stuck with him.

If he goes I am warming up to the Nasri rumors more and more.

5. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We are the third club in England. He's done it to Boca and Corinthians as well. Actually went on strike to go from Corinthians to West Ham. That's part of the reason I don't believe the Kid/wife angle. Oh has it been a year time to go. after 4 years in Manchester NOW you can't stand it get out of there. Your first daughter was practically born/raised there at this point.

Appreciate what you did for us, by helping us attract other players stay home and be on strike(and don't collect your wages) while no one in Europe will pay £50 plust £250,000 a week.

6. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's a bit of a surprise considering where this is coming from, but it would actually make tons of sense (for one side at least) if this went through.

7. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even at the reduced fee of 40 million euro's its a win for as we will not have to worry about playing against him in any competition. BUT! He must be replaced you can ship off that many goals.

8. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bid rejected. Rumour has it, contrary to the reports of a 35m bid, Corinthians wanted him on loan. Cheeky gits. But 35m isn't enough even for an unhappy player because of his class - we should be looking for more than Andy Carroll went for.

9. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    40 Mil minimum from Corinthians or no deal. Another rumor is that Madrid will pay 50 clearing the way for us to sign Aguero. I say Madrid give us 50 and Higuain and we give themTevez and Adabayor and sign Aguero. Then we can discuss it at the Champions League final when we face each other :D

I love the silly season

10. bluewolverine

bluewolverine Member

Jun 20, 2007
    So Carlos is struggling to adapt to a country that doesn't speak Spanish as it's primary language.

Therefore, clearly, his best move is to...

Brazil?

11. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Sun quoted Corinthians president, Andres Sanchez, as saying ManCity have an offer in their hands - Juventus already bid £52M for Tevez. But, a few hours ago, a ManCity spokesman told ESPNsoccernet: "We haven't had anything from Juventus".

12. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure it won't effect the transfer soap opera, but Tevez hasn't exactly shined at the Copa America.

13. Evonnida

Evonnida New Member

Jun 27, 2010
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to reports... Man City has accepted an offer from Corinithians but Tevez has yet to approve... I don't see how this will benefit the Blues as he was rather consistent for them this past season...

14. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take Aguero over the malcontent.

15. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Get this done so everyone can move on already :)

16. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/935291/corinthians-bid-for-carlos-tevez-accepted?cc=5901

It's done! Personally I have no ill will towards Carlos. For what he has helped City achieve I thank him and I wish him well. He was only with us for two years but they were probably two of the most incredible years in the clubs history and he was a massive part of that. Thank you Carlos you will always be a legend in my mind. Plus since your pissing off to Brazil we won't have to play you in the Champions League. :D

Now complete the Aguero signing and lets get on with it.

17. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States