Tevez, isto é o Corinthians !

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Corinthiano, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR
    Carta da torcida uniformizada Gaviões da Fiel para Carlitos Tevez.
    www.gavioes.com.br

Tevez, isto é o Corinthians!

Primeiro de setembro de 1910.

Nascia nesta data o Sport Club Corinthians Paulista. Um clube criado sob a luz de um lampião, para ser o rei deste esporte bretão. Pois bem, esta equipe nasceu, cresceu, se desenvolveu. E então aquele clube, criado por alguns humildes operários, se transformou no maior time do Brasil. Não, do mundo.

Um clube cheio de títulos e glórias. 25 Paulistas, Tri-Brasileiro, Bi da copa do Brasil. E em 14 de janeiro de 2000, o que é que eu sou? Sou campeão do mundo inteiro. O CAMPEÃO MUNDIAL DA FIFA!

Um clube que já passou por momentos difíceis, mas que, na contra-mão dos outros, só cresceu nestes momentos. Cresceu com o apoio da torcida, na qual tem uma força sem igual. Uma torcida que é alegria, muita fé e esperança. 23 anos sem ganhar título (1954-1977)? Não importa. A torcida cresceu ainda mais sem eles!

Um clube com sua gigantesca e Fiel Torcida. Torcida não, uma verdadeira Nação. Uma Nação apaixonada, fanática. Uma Nação presente em todo mundo, mas que mesmo à distância, não deixa de amar o Todo Poderoso Timão.Pois em todo lugar, em cada esquina, sempre tem um gavião.

Um clube capaz de mover multidões. Um time que promoveu verdadeiras invasões, nos quatro cantos do nosso Brasil. Que levou seus fiéis a acompanha-lo por vários lugares. Mesmo se o jogo é fora, em qualquer canto do Brasil. 70 MIL PESSOAS VIAJANDO 500 KM É MUITO? Não para a Fiel, que em 1976 invadiu o Rio de Janeiro!

Um clube adotado por muitos como uma religião. Uma religião que tem seu forte santo, o São Jorge guerreiro. São Jorge, venerado, chamado para dar uma mãozinha nos momentos críticos.
    Saravá, saravá. Salve o santo guerreiro. E uma vela pra saudar. Meu São Jorge padroeiro.

Um clube amado por uma nação sofrida, mas apaixonada. Uma nação corinthiana, maloqueira e sofredora. Graças a Deus! Que quando o Corinthians joga, está lá. Pulando e gritando Corinthians. Na vitória. Ou na derrota.

Um clube que é orgulho de todos os corinthianos, sejam daqueles que estão com o Corinthians em todo lugar, sejam daqueles que só acompanham o Todo Poderoso do seu sofá. Orgulho dos amantes do futebol. E com certeza, orgulho dos nossos rivais também. Orgulho que eles tem de ter uma equipe desta grandeza como seu adversário. Orgulho dos desportistas do Brasil.

Corinthians, minha vida, minha história, meu amor.

Tevez, isto é Corinthians!

Carlitos, 25 MILHÕES DE CORINTIANOS LHE DESEJAM:

SEJA BEM VINDO AO MAIOR CLUBE DO MUNDO! BOA SORTE!

2. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Most of the readers of this forum are non-portuguese speakers. An english/spanish translation of this letter would be nice.

3. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Not that I want to spoil anyone's fun or whatever, but... menos, corinthiano, menos...:cool:

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I was going to translate this into both English and Spanish, but I dare not write out such heresies - calling Corinthians almighty and on a par with God?

"Ridiculous exaggeration" is too gentle an understatement.

Besides, Argentines who support Boca won't think much of a team who has not won even ONE Libertadores and yet calls itself god-like. Heck, my SPFC has 2 Libertadores and I don't buy this Timao poderoso crap... LOL

5. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Since the letter is so controversial, I would like to understand what it says. And don't worry, we all understand that the passion of some fans has no limits, knows no bounds, so we all (non-portuguese speakers) will take it with a grain of salt. But some of us would still like to know what it says. Maybe that way we can better understand why this team is so popular. I myself would have to admit that until a few years ago I didn't know Corinthians was the most popular team in Sao Paulo, and one of the two most popular clubs in Brazil! That was shocking to learn my friends! shocking I tell ya! ...shocking! :)

I'm not an Argentine, but I like Boca nonetheless (thanks to FSW) and the fact that one of the two most popular teams in Brazil has never won a Libertadores is well... shocking! shocking I tell ya! ....shocking! :)

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    This talks about how faithful Corinthians fans are. This is something I don't mind translating.

The official organized fan club of this team is known as GAVIOES DA FIEL - Buzzards of the Faithful / Gavilanes de la Fiel. (English/Spanish). They are informally called "corintiano sofredor" (suffering Corinthian) meaning they endure painful, heartwrenching stress as supporters, but they never stop supporting.

It goes on to talk about how a 25-year title drought did nothing to dampen the passion the fans have, and that it actually made them more devoted. And that it is an "all-powerful" entity and that its fans are a nation. I simply don't apply these quasi-religious qualifiers to sports teams, not even to Pele himself... and the fact that they talk about this team as the world's greatest when it has done nothing outside of Brazil is a joke.

I'll address their win in the 2000 FIFA Club World Cup. They had a very good team back then - it had just won the 1999 national title, after their 1998 title. They drew a strong Real Madrid - Dida, their goalkeeper (and Brazil's goalie right now) stopped a PK. But one of their goals against one of the minnow teams didn't go in. And they only defeated Vasco in the final on PKs.

As I've noted elsewhere, Santos, Palmeiras, and SPFC fans - the other big 3 teams from the Sao Paulo metropolitan region (Santos is based in the coastal city of Santos, not too far from Sao Paulo city) have all won the Libertadores at least once, and mock Corinthians as a team without a passport. And all along I've maintained that their FIFA tourney win was of little value because they've never won the biggest club title in the world outside Europe - the LIBERTADORES.

The farthest they've gone was the 2000 edition - with the core of the team that won the FIFA tourney in January of that year - they got to the semifinals but lost to their greatest foe, Palmeiras, on PKs (as they had in the 1999 Libertadores quarterfinals). And that was especially disappointing because in 2000, unlike in 1999, they had an overall superior squad as compared to Palmeiras - and I must admit they would've given that Riquelme/Palermo/Bianchi team a serious challenge.

They are indeed one of the major teams of Brazil, but they're not the only one nor THE greatest team in Brazil by any means.

Hope that satisfies the curious ones whose Portuguese is lacking.

7. FredGavioes

FredGavioes Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Boston/MA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    if they are not the greatest team , they are at least in top 3.

8. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR
    The Corinthians is great, it was always great, and it will always be great. And how much the 2 libertadores of the SPFC, I recognize yes that it is a dream of corinthianos us, but what a team advances to live of past(10 years that the SPFC winner the libertadores and today says in this championship until, as was yesterday), being that all time that arrives at a decision moment the team of the SPFC "trembles", "turns yellow".
    The SPFC is perpetual "customer" of the Corinthians.

Since 1994 the Corinthians wins at least 1 Championship per year, and the SPFC, the Santos F.C, the Palmeiras, which were the last time that they had won some championship?

9. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Lista completa do novo ranking mundial conta com 301 times de 83 países (Folha de São Paulo – janeiro de 2004)

[​IMG]

:)

10. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR
    Translation

Letter of the adepts Gaviões da Fiel to Carlitos Tevez
    www.gavioes.com.br

Tevez that is the Corinthians!

First of September of 1910.

The Sport Club Corinthians Paulista was born in this date. A club created under the light of a lampião, to be the king of this Breton sport. Then, this team was born, grew, if it developed. E then that club, created for some humble laborers, if transformed into the biggest teams of Brazil. Not, of the world.

A full club of championships and glories. 25 Paulistas, Tri-Brazilian, Bi of the brazilian cup. And in 14 of January of 2000, what it is that I am? I am champion of the entire world. The WORLD-wide CHAMPION Of the FIFA!

A club that already passed for difficult moments, but that, in the against-hand of the others, it only grew at these moments. It grew with the support of the adepts, in adepts has a force without equal. The adepts that it is joy, much faith and hope. 23 years without gaining championships (1954-1977)? It does not matter. The adepts one grew still more without them!

A gigantic and Faithful club with its adepts. adepts not, a true Nation. A gotten passionate, fanatic Nation. A present Nation in all world, but that exactly at a distance, it does not leave to all love the "Powerful Timão". Therefore in all place, in each street, always has a "gavião".

A club capable to move multitudes. A teams who promoted true invasions, in the four places of our Brazil. That it took its fidiciary offices folloies it it for some places. Exactly if the game is is, in any place of Brazil. SEVENTY THOUSAND PEOPLES TRAVELLING 500 KM IS VERY? Don´t for "Fiel", that in 1976 invaded Rio de Janeiro!

A club adopted for many as a religion. A religion that has its strong saint, Is warrior São Jorge. They are São Jorge, venerated, called to give one "small hand" at the critical moments. "Saravá", "saravá". It saves the warrior saint. And a candle pra to greet. My protector São Jorge.

A club loved for a suffered, but gotten passionate nation. A corinthiana, "maloqueira and sofredora nation". Thanks to God! That when the Corinthians plays, it is there. Jumping and crying out Corinthians. In the victory. Or in the defeat.

A club that it is pride of all the corinthianos, is of that is with the Corinthians in all place, are of that only follow "All Powerful" of its your house. Pride of the loving of soccer. E with certainty, pride of our rivals also. Pride that they has to have a team of this largeness as its adversary. Pride of the sportsmen of Brazil.

Corinthians, my life, my history, my love.

Tevez that is the Corinthians!

Carlitos, 25 MILLION CORINTIANOS DESIRE To IT:

EITHER WELCOME TO THE BIGGEST CLUB OF THE WORLD! GOOD LUCK!

11. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR
    Quais são os critérios deste ranking ??? É mensal ou anual ??? O São Caetano que nunca ganhou nada, só um Paulista e um Brasileiro da série C está entre os 100 primeiros.

12. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    A Folha de São Paulo tem dois rankings anuais: um somente com times nacionais e outro que inclui clubes do mundo todo. Os rankings são publicados sempre entre o final de dezembro e o início de janeiro de cada ano. Portanto, deveremos ter dois novos rankings em poucas semanas. Tentei encontrar o ranking nacional de 2003, mas como não sou assinante da Folha de São Paulo, não tive acesso. Se você for, conseguirá encontrá-lo nos arquivos da folha.

Os critérios são inúmeros e levam em conta a consistência de cada time ao longo do tempo em competições oficiais. Torneios chamados mickey-mouse (que acontecem apenas uma vez ou não têm relevância) não contam pontos para esse ranking.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/esporte/ult92u69839.shtml

13. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Mais uma coisa: no ranking nacional a liderança é do Palmeiras. Contribui muito para isso o fato (absurdo, na minha opinião) de o Flamengo não ser considerado o campeão brasileiro de 1987. Naquele ano os principais times brasileiros se reuniram para dar um basta à falta de organização da CBF e criaram a Copa União/Campeonato Brasileiro. Pressionada, a CBF recuou. Mas quando o campeonato estava em andamento, a CBF tentou forçar os dois finalistas (Flamengo e Internacional) a disputar semifinais com os dois finalistas da segunda divisão. Pois é. Obviamente, o Fla e o Inter se recusaram. Como punição, a CBF resolveu considerar o Sport-Recife o campeão brasileiro.

14. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Sobre o São Caetano, não esqueça que o time chegou a uma final de Libertadores e a duas finais de Campeonatos Brasileiros (uma delas vindo da Série B, o que é absurdo!!!). Mas o fato é que chegar a uma final de Libertadores é algo que poucos times conseguiram.

15. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR
    Este ranking deve ser muito respeitado mesmo hein, têm até equipes do Egito, Equador, Suriname, Irã, Honduras, Costa do Marfim, na frente de equipes tradicionais como Atlético Mineiro e Internacional.
    Este torneio Mickey Mouse que você mencionou é o Mundial de clubes da FIFA ???
    Se for, não se esqueça que a próxima edição vai acontecer em 2005, e é o torneio que todo time brasileiro sonha em vencer.

16. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Tevez move sends Brazil into state of shock

RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 3 (Reuters) - Brazilian football appears to be in a state of shock over the record-breaking $18 million transfer of Argentina forward Carlos Tevez to Sao Paulo club Corinthians.

Brazil has exported more than 800 players to countries ranging from Indonesia to Portugal this year, making it very surprising that Corinthians should snap up the most exciting player from the country's biggest footballing rival.

Boca Juniors president Mauricio Macri confirmed the sale of the 20-year-old Argentina international had been completed following late on Thursday night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_y...-?slug=reu-corinthians&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Argentina's Tevez completes $18 million Corinthians move

BUENOS AIRES, Dec 3 (Reuters) - Argentina forward Carlos Tevez has completed his $18 million move from Boca Juniors to Brazilian side Corinthians, Boca president Mauricio Macri said.

The surprise transfer, made possible after Corinthians signed a multi-million dollar partnership deal with a London-based group of investors last week, is a record for a Brazilian club.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_y...wN0bQ--?slug=reu-tevez&prov=reuters&type=lgns

17. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Carlos Tevez é apresentado pelo Corinthians

O argentino Carlos Tevez foi apresentado como jogador do Corinthians, na noite desta segunda-feira, no Parque São Jorge. A solenidade aconteceu durante o jantar em homenagem ao 94º aniversário do clube.
    Ao ser anunciado, o jogador foi aplaudido de pé por conselheiros e convidados que participavam da festa. Tevez, que custou US$ 19,5 milhões ao Corinthians, falou pouco.

"Estou muito feliz por estar no Corinthians. Agradeço ao presidente Alberto Dualib e ao senhor Kia Joorabchian. Espero corresponder", afirmou.

http://esportes.terra.com.br/interna/0,,OI442657-EI2011,00.html

Kia: "Queremos montar um time de galácticos"

Presidente do MSI diz que Timão terá um time de estrelas em 2005

LANCEPRESS!

O irianiano Kia Joorabchian, representante do grupo MSI no Brasil, parceiro do Corinthians, afirmou que o atacante argetino Tevez é apenas a primeira aquisição da empresa e a intenção é montar um time de estrelas para vencer as competições em 2005.

Antes do acordo entre Corinthians e MSI ser concretizado, Kia anunciava que o grupo queria transformar o clube paulista no "number one" (número um).

http://lancenet.ig.com.br/clubes/COR/noticias/04-12-20/294806.asp

18. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Tevez já é alvo de brincadeiras no Corinthians

O atacante Carlos Tevez já chegou ao Brasil, foi a uma festa corintiana no domingo, apresentou-se no clube nesta segunda-feira e já pôde ter os primeiros contatos com seus futuros companheiros de clube.
    Como não poderia deixar de ser, já começaram as brincadeiras com o reforço argentino. O atacante Jô, de 17 anos, por exemplo, até tentou conversar com Tevez, mas como tem a fama de falar muito rápido, o argentino não conseguiu compreendê-lo bem.

"Como até meu 'oi' é rápido, ele não entendeu muito bem. Mas é ele que tem que aprender e se adaptar (à língua portuguesa)", disse Jô, que também já deu uma dica estética para o futuro companheiro de clube.

"Ele vive sorrindo né, então vou passar o endereço do meu dentista para ele, só não sei se ele vai", completou o atacante corintiano, que usa aparelhos ortodônticos.

http://esportes.terra.com.br/interna/0,,OI442965-EI2011,00.html

19. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    MSI não dá o dinheiro para a contratação de Tevez

A contratação do argentino Carlos Tevez, mais cara da história do futebol brasileiro, não foi feita com dinheiro do Grupo Media Sports Invesment.
    Os US$ 19,5 milhões prometidos ao Boca Juniors por Kia Joorabchian serão obtidos por meio de um fundo de investimentos paralelo captaneado pelo próprio chefão do MSI.

(...)

Em sua rápida passagem por São Paulo, o argentino Carlos Tevez, recém-contratado pelo Corinthians, afirmou que foi o técnico Vanderlei Luxemburgo quem indicou sua contratação.

"Ele é um dos melhores do mundo", afirmou Tevez.

http://esportes.terra.com.br/interna/0,,OI443236-EI2011,00.html

20. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Tostao on Tevez: http://jbonline.terra.com.br/

Tevez me lembra o Edmundo. Dentro e fora de campo. Tevez é um atacante habilidoso, veloz, agressivo, que se movimenta por todos os lados e que faz gols e dá bons passes. Ele não é um grande artilheiro que atua mais centralizado, como Romário, nem um meia ofensivo, como Alex, Kaká, Petkovic e Jadson.

Fora de campo, pelas informações que podem não ser as mais corretas, Tevez não se preocupa também em ser politicamente correto. Disseram que ele foi de chinelo na festa de sua apresentação no Corinthians. Tevez disse ainda que Maradona foi melhor do que Pelé. O jogador parece também ser impulsivo e franco como Edmundo. Tevez será um ótimo jogador e um grande personagem para o futebol brasileiro. Tevez é jovem, excelente, mas ainda não é um craque (não sei se será), como Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Ronaldinho, Adriano, nem como Edmundo nos seus melhores dias. Tevez vai precisar de apoio. As pessoas não deveriam ter preconceitos nem má vontade com o jogador.

21. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Ive never read such rubbish in my life.

22. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Now I have.

23. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm guessing you're all discussing the intricacies of the Tevez transfer! :)

24. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Actually I was talking about the "open letter" that the corinthians fans wrote to Tevez, saying corinthians is the greatest team in the world and other rubbish. Its ridiculous

25. marko70

marko70 New Member

Dec 28, 2004

What is even more ridiculous is that Tevez must have believed this letter. Surprising he didn't want to go to Europe. I heard a news report that said he is just starting to learn Portugese. What happened with Athletico Madrid anyway?