Teves is finally leaving for Europe!!!?

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by aaron90025, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Aguero

Aguero New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Corinthians is not going to be happy
    http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/08/22/um/m-01257125.htm

Faltó dos días seguidos a los entrenamientos del Corinthians, y anoche se lo vio cantando con el grupo santafesino Los Palmeras.

English

it's been 2 days since Tevez has stopped practicing with Corinthians, last night he was seen singing with a group called los Palmeras.

2. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] "Juicio millonario a Tevez?

El delantero está en Buenos Aires y no quiere volver a Brasil. Un diario inglés sostiene que el Manchester United puede ser su destino.

Link To Original Article

3. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] "Una venta por duplicado?

Ya hay negociaciones para que los dos se vayan al fútbol europeo, posiblemente a Inglaterra. Por el ex Boca pedirían casi 60 millones de dólares.

Link To Original Article

4. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Corinthians: President Wants Tevez Punished And Sold

Carlitos Tevez is at the focus of mounting transfer speculation as the European market prepares to close; AWOL in Argentina, popping up in Buenos Aires for a bit of a song and dance; and perhaps causing the downfall of the rollercoaster partnership between Corinthians and shady investment group MSI.

Octogenarian President Alberto Dualib – the man who invited MSI in and now wants them out – is hoping to pocket a whopping 20% of the profit from any sale of the Albiceleste striker. He also wants the absentee punished for his sudden, unauthorised disappearance.

"Until today our position was firmly against a transfer of Mr. Tevez. This is now being reanalysed and there’s room for a punishment within the boundaries of the law as the club wasn’t consulted before he travelled,” he explained to São Paulo radio station Jovem Pan.

Dualib added that the Paulista club hasn’t received any firm offers for the player despite a grapevine that’s been rustling madly with talk of a $30 million Manchester United offer and late interest from the Bayern Munich who were stomped 4-0 by Barcelona.

The player’s agent, Adrián Ruocco, is apparently busy with negotiations in London, working side-by-side with MSI head honcho Kia Joorabchian on a transfer deal that’ll see the Argentine number 11 ply his trade in the old world. Dualib wants the club to get a cut of any juicy deal.

However the contract the President signed in order to get himself re-elected specifies that the 20% he’s got his eye on will only be paid if profits are $15 million+. This means that any deal for the player must reach the $37 million mark given that he was bought from Boca for $22 million.

Corinthians’ legal department, however, are working on wheedling open a loophole – FIFA regulations stipulating that negotiations must be club-club – that means that Tevez can only be sold with Alberto Dualib’s signature: something that the ageing exec will refuse until MSI coughs up the cash.

MSI, nevertheless, have a ‘Plan B’: the player is under contract with the Parque São Jorge club until January 2007 but MSI have bought his rights until 2009. This means that Joorabchian and supposed backer Boris Berezovski can tough it out for the next four months and leave Corinthians empty-handed.

With a week left until the transfer window slams shut, neither MSI nor Corinthians want their fingers caught. It seems a fait accompli that Tevez will leave Brazil for Europe: unless the arm wrestle between the warring execs has a collateral casualty - Carlitos Tevez waiting in the void without a stage on which to star, and that would be a crying shame.

5. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    what would guys think of him joining bayern? podolski, makaay and tevez?

6. andywhat

andywhat New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    b/c of all this that is happening, will he still be able to play on Sept 3?

And here is a note I found on Univision.com

7. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    germany is an inferior league than england, spain and italy.

also, the ethic doesnt suit players like tevez, look at d'alessandro, i dont think germany is the best place for our flair players to flourish.

in terms of world class performers, spain has the most, w its climate and language, the fact that so many argentines perform there, it should be first choice.

man utd have rooney, liverpool have a surplus of strikers, tevez doesnt strike me as a mourinho player altho chelsea could do w a support striker, of the main english clubs i think he would suit arsenal best, but i hope he goes to spain.

8. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] Tevez vuelve a Boca... a entrenar

Corinthians no lo sancionaría porque la permanencia de Carlitos en Buenos Aires contaría con la aprobación de Kia Joorabchian, del MSI.

Link To Original Article

9. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    apparently tevez's agents are in england discussing a possible transfer but the identity of the club is unknown, tho it is largely believed to be either man utd or chelsea.

either way, i would be amazed.

he is definitely a ferguson type of player, but they already have rooney who is v similar.

however, they sold van nistelroy in the summer without replacing him.

as for chelsea, as i said before, he doesn't strike me as a mourinho type of player, but they could really do with him, as a perfect foil for shevchenko.

having spent all that money on their new stadium, i suspect arsenal can't afford him.

benitez clearly likes south americans, particularly argentines, he had ayala and aimar at valencia.

when he signed paletta for liverpool he said, "when argentines are good, they are very good".

however they already have garcia, crouch, kuyt, bellamy and fowler, all of whom are his signings, so i cant see carlitos going there.

watch this space.

the window shuts in less than a week.

10. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    i hope he leaves before the window closes. i'm hearing chelsea will grab him and loan him out to a french team for the year.

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I really hope he does not join Chelsea, ok he'll make a s**t load of money, but they will mess him around and it will do nothing to make him a better player. Hopefully he'll move to La Liga or a team like AC Milan where he would flourish and improve his game.

12. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    i agree leon

13. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    i also heard this, tho i didn't know the club in question was french.

personally, i think the french league is beneath his standard, and would only stall his progress.

the main thing if chelsea sign him is that they plan on playing him every week, for thats the only way you get the best out of players.

if they did that i'd be happy.

but i'd still rather see him in spain or italy.

14. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    i don't like the idea of the french league either but atleast he'll be out of brazil and it's a start.

the only thing that worries me and everyone else about chelsea, is that he doesn't get that much playing time like you said. mourinho will probably play that Loser drogba and keep tevez on the bench and sub him on. which to me is a bunch a bull because with tevez on the field, the team looks alot stronger.

tevez-sheva
    robben ballack maka cole

looks nice to me
    (not a fan of lampard)

15. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    agreed.

robben lampard essien cole
    (massive fan of lampard ;))

16. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    duplicate post :eek:

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    IDS,

I think Frank Lampard is the most overrated player on the entire planet and for me he was the worst player at the world cup. So I guess you could say I don't rate him. :D

18. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    MY GOD do they have alot of options in the mid-field.

not to get off the topic but imo, i thought lampard was top 3 best players in the world 2 years ago. but since then, i haven't been to impressed by him. last year or the world cup. but i will never knock anyone for being a fan of somebody.

19. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    leon, i think lampard's getting unfair flak for the wc.

sure, he played crap, but so did rooney, gerrard, beckham, almost everyone except joe cole, ashley cole and hargreaves.

the manager didn't have a clue.

also, he got the goals that got england qualified, nobody scored more than him.

for me, prior to last season, he was easily the best midfielder in the world for two whole seasons, his form was incredible.

and even last season, which wasn't his best, he still scored 20 goals from midfield for chelsea, again their top scorer.

but it's not just his goals, for me he's a great team player, and uses the ball v intelligently.

i guess we'll have to agree to differ ;)

p.s. we're now officially off-topic :cool:

20. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be honest IDS, I've never rated Lampard. Not that my view is going to bother a player who earns 90k a week. But I've always though he is nothing more than ordinary, luckily he plays in a team where 2 defensive midfielders cover his back which enables fat Frank to have 100 shots a game at goal, about 2 of which will be on target and usually 1 will get deflected and go in. He was hideous at the world cup, I'd have him as the worst player simply because of the hype there was around him before the tournament. I certainly wouldn't cross the road to watch Fat Frank play. ;) As for him being the best midfielder in the world for 2 seasons, please give me a break, there were better midfielders in the Bolton side.

Despite your dodgy view of Fat Frank, I'll still buy you a drink IDS.

21. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    come now, ur underestimating yourself, you know he hangs on your every word.

22. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    mine's a guinness ;)

23. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    Agent: Tevez set for England

"Chelsea have been leading the chase in recent months, but Manchester United and Arsenal are also both known to be keen."

"Reports in France have already stated that Rennes have made contact with Chelsea about the possibility of taking Tevez on loan, should The Blues sign him and decide to let him leave immediately."

24. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    i have a funny feeling he will be wearing a chelsea shirt by monday. i hope i'm wrong but i doubt man u will bid high enough and i haven't really heard anything about arsenal going strong for him.

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arsenal could not afford his fee and his wages, which leaves Man Utd and Chelsea and with Rennes suddenyl getting involved it all points to Chelsea.