Terrorists welcome to the Us! The softist nation on the planet...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by bostonsoccermdl, Nov 10, 2003.

1. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Terrorists welcome to the Us! The softist nation on the planet...

Yeah, but the Italian would hog the chicks. I need a generous but quiet kinda guy. The Korean dictator could probably hook me up with some good yellow fever if you believe the rumors of his personal life. I might be a bit scared of him after he gets drunk tho. Castro could supply some good cigars and pass out early - I'm leaning towards him.

2. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Terrorists welcome to the Us! The softist nation on the planet...

1. OK, so being in a trial with no legal representation, behind closed doors etc. is fine then ?. I hope you stick to your principles and represent yourself in court if you get accused of speeding (or something more serious should you be accused).

2. It's likely they were involved in fighting with the Taliban, but as humble voting citizens, we cannot be that sure since the tribunals are closed sessions.

3. It may be a bit of a surprise to you, but the September 11th attacks were peratrated by people who percieved the USA as an evil 'imperialist' power that is an enemy of Islam. By holding people in G'mo Bay in such a manner, you may not only piss off radical Islamic types, but potential allies from 'The West', who see the manner of which human rights have been disregarded as counter-productive and immoral. The result could be more likelyhood of terrorist attacks, and alienation from potential friends and allies (especially if their citizens are held in G'mo Bay). So as I see it, you cannot stick your fingers in your ears and shout 'la la la I'm not listening' when other countries and people get angry. The USA is not in a vacuum, or on another planet, and actions may create as many problems as they solve.

3. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Terrorists welcome to the Us! The softist nation on the planet...

Yeah, Castro would be a good dictator to invite, just as long as he doesn't make a 5 hour speech.

4. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Terrorists welcome to the Us! The softist nation on the planet..

LOL - just imagining a strip bar stopping for 5 hours while he's onstage...

5. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Terrorists welcome to the Us! The softist nation on the planet...

I love how you can compare being an accused terrorist with speeding tickets. But I always forget, there really is no difference or grey area. It is either or, right? :rolleyes: I guess pointing out the obvious (American citizen as opposed to foreign terrorist) means nothing.

It also might surprise you that these people hated us, hate us, will hate us, regardless of what we do in the future. We are a huge, diverse powerful nation that is bound to piss off radical groups on either side of the spectrum. We tried the passive approach with OBL when he attacked us first. A lot of good that did (not I am not blaming Clinton, as hindsight is 20/20).
    Trying to appease radical islamists sounds like your approach, and I dont like it.

.No one is saying we should. Trying to appease terrorists is the last thing we should be doing. The fact that many in our country support christianity and that many see us as a powerful nation puts an automatic bullseye on out back.

6. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Terrorists welcome to the Us! The softist nation on the planet...

The sign says "Equal Justice Under Law". OK, a good editor would have left it at "Justice" because that word alone implies the rest but because there are people like boston in the world, I guess more elaboration was deemed necessary.

Anyway, you have failed to address the legitimate charge that your, uhm... "logic" is highly circular.

Nice straw man. *yawn*

Oh come on. Every time someone has the temerity to point out those of our leaders' actions around the world that have been less than exemplary, you right-wingers automatically start the self-pitying chorus of "blame America first".

Maybe if you could look objectively at our rulers' successes AND failures and then learn something from those bad deeds and mistakes...

Nah, that's too difficult. Better to just cry "blame America first" again.

Everybody sing along with the "appeasement" straw man!!

"If I only had a brain..."

You were a little less off base the first time. It's our irreligious, pluralistic secular culture that really pisses off the fundies. OK, they're not too keen on competing religous faiths either, but they're hardly unique in that. There are plenty of intolerant Christians around, too. Also, my bet is that, like Christian fundies, they're more likely to hate Jews than anyone other religious group.

Anyway, our secular, materialistic and amorally economic society is what really gives them conniptions.

7. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Terrorists welcome to the Us! The softist nation on the planet...

Where did I ever say that our rulers havent made mistakes? nice reach, but I never implied anything of the sort. My point was that there are certain groups (islamic terrorists) that are beyond reasoning with, and will hate us regardless of what we do, or the actions we take.