Terri Schiavo's Tube Removed

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by FeverNova1, Mar 18, 2005.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the smell of stinkbait in the morning.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After reading some of the typically vicious hatred being spewed over at DU on this topic, it;s clear that while those clowns couldn't care less about an issue like this they have decided that since the Bush brothers are in favor of keeping her alive they should therefore oppose it.

A very sad group.

Let it be noted that Ralph Nader, Jesse Jackson, Tom Harkin and Lanny Davis, among many other far-left types, have also come down squarely on the side of letting her live.

3. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    You know this drama somewhat reminds me of the Walker Railey Case in Dallas in 1987. The good reverend was accused of attempted murder in the strangulation of his wife who was left in a PVS.

Peggy Railey remains in a vegetative state where she must
    be fed, bathed, dressed and moved by others. Doctors say she
    could live in this awful state for many years to come, according
    to the Dateline report. Railey filed for divorce in 1989.

Now I'm not saying that Michael Schiavo tried to kill his wife 15 years ago (although he is now). I just want to point out that Railey's mistake (other than not making sure his wife was dead), obviously was filing for divorce and not being named her guardian.

4. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Glenn Reynolds summed up my position on the legal arugments perfectly:

Sachin

5. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    I thought this was a better analysis of the potential polticial problem:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7185555/#050324

6. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Her parents just announced that they've told their attorneys not to bother filing the lastest appeal. There's just no hope.

Michael Schiavo has ordered her body cremated, so that no one will be able to see the evidence against him.

Meanwhile, Schiavo's Attorney was discivered to have given a large campaign contribution to Judge Greer the day after he ruled against the Schindlers.

Probably just a coincidence.

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evidence against him?

C'mon Bill.

8. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very classy.

I'm sorry that you and your fellow lefites find this to be just another reason to hate.

Did you really need another one?

Please do not bring this sort of disgusting trash to my PF again or you'll be banned.

10. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I should have found this sooner. Kate Adamson's testimony on her ordeal with 8 days of dehydration.

Frequently described by medical authorities as a humane way to die, Kate - now as vibrant and beautiful as before her stroke - testified before the crowd of Terri’s family and supporters that this form of legalized execution was “one of the most painful experiences you can imagine." Unable to respond or to indicate awareness, Kate Adamson asserts, “I was just like Terri…but I was alive! I could hear every word. They were saying ‘shall we just not treat her?’...I suffered excruciating misery in silence.”

Even though you liberals are happy that there are no more options for Terri, there will be plenty of time for celebration after she's gone. In the mean time, you have solidified your sordid core values of death to the innocent (unborn babies and the sick) and life to the evil ones (death row inmates and terrorists). You should be proud (as I know you are). And I applaud you for further exposing the right and the wrong in this country.

11. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Better listen, Tex. Archer banned Cikowski for sockpuppets.

12. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    I am very encouraged to see that this will not happen now, and that an autopsy will occur. May both the parents and the husband receive closure through it.

13. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Fox is reporting that she just passed away.

14. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Really pardon my French, but what a fucking asshole. I hope he enjoys his money in constant torment.

15. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did apparently allow a priest to stand in the doorway. After she died.

Now he can go home to his wife and children.

16. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Shows his true character.

17. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    The money that he won in that suit years ago? $700,000 of the million was put into a trust that he had no control over whatsoever.

Supposedly, he's not the warmest guy in the world. That said, there are plenty of people in the country who are going to believe for the rest of their lives that he beat her into her current state, regardless of what the autopsy finds. Who wouldn't be bitter?

18. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Since you have all the answers, who does the money in the trust go to now?

19. kaiserwilhelm

kaiserwilhelm New Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Oklahoma
    Correction, not children, "bastard children".
    As Glenn Beck would say, "I would apologize if I weren't so technically correct".

20. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I imagine that it was all spent on her care years ago.

21. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    The interest, yes. Not the principal.

22. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Where have you read this? All I've seen is that part of the settlement was set aside for her care, and that he had no control over this money. Furthermore, IIRC, several monetary offers were made for him to simply walk away, which he refused.

BTW, Bill, according to the Post, she was given Last Rites a few days ago.

23. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    The Terri Schiavo Foundation reports: http://www.terrisfight.org/myths.html

Summary of expenses paid from Terri’s 1.2 Million Dollar medical trust fund (jury awarded 1992)
    NOTE: In his November 1993 Petition Schiavo alleges the 1993 guardianship asset balance as $761,507.50

Atty Gwyneth Stanley
    Atty Deborah Bushnell
    Atty Steve Nilson
    Atty Pacarek
    Atty Richard Pearse (GAL)
    Atty George Felos
    $10,668.05
    $65,607.00
    $7,404.95
    $1,500.00
    $4,511.95
    $397,249.99- Michael's atty fees

Other

1st Union/South Trust Bank
    $55,459.85

Michael Schiavo
    $10,929.95

Total $545,852.34

Apparently $50,000 remains today.

I would imagine that the remainder goes to next of kin or guardian...which would be...

24. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A reader over at The Corner, sent this lead from The Washington Post, which is so heavily biased that any decent, objective person would cringe in shame.

He also sent along an alternative, for the sake of the lefties who always claim they don't seee the problem:

<B>
    From The Washington Post (Braniagan) The death of Schiavo, 41, ended the court battle that had pitted her husband, who wanted to take her off artificial life support, against her parents and siblings, who sought to keep her alive at all costs. But the death appeared unlikely to quell the broader controversy fueled by the Schiavo case, one that set right-to-life, antiabortion and conservative religious groups -- with backing from President Bush and Republican leaders in Congress -- against advocates of a "right to die" when the brain no longer functions.

An Alternative Version...

The death of Schiavo, 41, ended the court battle that had pitted her estranged husband, backed by his current girlfriend and his quirky attorney George Felos, who wanted to end her life and cremate her remains, against her parents and siblings, who sought to keep her alive in the hope that she might yet recover.. But her death appeared unlikely to quell the broader controversy fueled by the Schiavo case, one that united a wide range of views, including civil rights advocate Jesse Jackson, and Pro-Life campaigner Randall Terry, to pretest her mistreatment by the Florida judicial system -- with backing from President Bush, his brother Florida Governor Jeb Bush and a bipartisan group of legislators in Congress -- against advocates of euthanasia on demand</B>

See guys, the second one lays out the facts. The first one lays out the author's opinions.

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've sat thought this whole thing without bringing up a personal experience because I thought it wasn't appropriate.

But in view of a good man who has shared here his personal abortion sorrow, I have decided to go ahead anyway:

I come from a very small family. My mother was an only child, my father had one sister. She and her husband, my one and only Uncle, were childless. so I have no cousins.

Very small, very close knit.

About 15 years ago, my beloved Uncle was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It was operated on, but regrew. It was operated on again. It came back again. He wanted a third operation and it was done. Same result.

He was at this point of course a very sick man, yet full of the life and the spark we had always known. A genuinely wonderful guy, I had idolized him ever since I was old enough to walk. A Marine who served with the seventh in Korea under Lichtenberg, he was at the Chosin Reservoir. He was a hero.

My Aunt was a nurse her whole life. She refused, with his knowledge, to allow him to be kept alive with a feeding tube. Instead, she sat next to his bed for 16 or 18 hours a day with food and water. Any time he was cognizent enoughm she would try and get him to eat a mouthful of food. Seven days a week. For a year. Towards the end, if she did manage to get a spoonful into him, he only threw it right back up. She would calmly clean it up and then sit back down and start over.

She was a medical professional, she knew exactly what was happening to the only man she had ever or would ever love, and she did what she did because she felt it was right.

There were two heros in that family.

So no one needs to tell me about the ethics. I've seen the ethics close up.