Temp Stadiums

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by EPJr, Nov 9, 2018.

1. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Southern Legion members which potential areas for each possible #InterMiamiCF temp stadium venue would you prefer for the “supporters section”?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #InterMiamiCF temp stadium option #1: @FAU_Football
    Pros: FIFA level grass pitch, section for supporters (student section), 30K capacity

Cons: Location (Boca Raton), Limited Parking, On-Campus Restrictions

[​IMG]

3. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #InterMiamiCF temp stadium option #2: @HardRockStadium Pros: FIFA level grass pitch, ample parking, canopy roof, centralized location between Broward and Dade

Cons: Too Big? (68K), no mass transit, busy event calendar which could cause bad pitch quality

[​IMG]

4. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #InterMiamiCF temp stadium option #3: @MarlinsPark
    Pros: Roof and A/C, ample parking on/off-site, closest site #MiamiFreedomPark, 37K Seats

Cons: baseball clay/pitch quality, bad sightlines, limited mass transit, busy calendar, traffic issues

[​IMG]

5. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #InterMiamiCF temp stadium option #4: @FIUFootball
    Pros: Ample Parking, 23500 Seats, Open Event Calendar

Cons: Turf Field, Miami FC relationship, Too Small?, On-Campus Restrictions, No Mass Transit

[​IMG]

6. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I selfishly vote FIU (im a student)

9. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Inter Miami Presents Proposal to Revitalize Historic Lockhart Stadium Site

The proposal to the City of Fort Lauderdale will be anchored by a best in class training facility, the Club’s youth academy, and a multi-purpose sports stadium

Miami, FL (Monday, January 28, 2019)- Club Internacional de Fútbol Miami “Inter Miami”, announced today that it has presented a proposal to the City of Fort Lauderdale for the design, construction and maintenance of a state-of the-art soccer training facility, a multi-purpose sport stadium and a sport centric community destination in the former Lockhart Stadium site.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...sal-revitalize-historic-lockhart-stadium-site

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did you get temp stadium out of that? It’s a training facility with a possible minor league stadium.

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im not interested in anything in fort lauderdale

12. Cleat-USA

Cleat-USA Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Inter needs to come out strong in year one. The bar has been set high for new MLS franchises. The temporary site can’t be threadbare in anyway. I think FAU and FIU fall short. Marlins Park and Hard Rock are both major league facilities that offer so much more to both fans and players. I’d be fine with either one, but I think Hard Rock gets a slight edge because of the location. By playing games a little bit further north during the early years it gives a little more access to a little larger footprint of fans that may find themselves outside the reach of Freedom Park when the main facility is built. Hard Rock is very easy to get to. Plus we really have no way of determining the demand for tickets at this point. It would seem to be in the clubs best interest to play games in a larger facility because….what it this thing gets really popular?!! It would be a shame to limit one’s self to Marlins Park capacity in the off chance more people want to attend matches. Plus, Hard Rock is so nice and the rennovations were done with soccer in mind. It seems like a no brainer.

This probably belongs in the “News” thread but I’ve noticed some grumbling online about the Lockhart announcement. I think people need to remind themselves of a few things:

1. They’re not building their main arena there
    2. Training facilities and office locations have no bearing on how the fans will interact with the club on matchday.
    3. As we all know it is difficult to secure land in South Florida for these types of projects. Beggars can’t be choosers.

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repeat:

Inter won’t be playing in Ft Lauderdale. Lockhart will only be training facilities and possibly a stadium for MINOR league affiliate. And maybe the academy in some form.

Inter will still be in Marlins or Hard Rock year 1 and maybe 2 until Freedom Park stadium is done.

14. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  17. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Interesting announcement to say the least--talk about cranking up the pressure on the city commission for Tuesday's decision vote between the two proposals for the site. Wow! If they get the nod from the city, can this project even be completed in 11 months? I lived in Oakland Park back in 97-98 and used to drive by Lockhart daily as Ken Horowitz was beefing up the facility to 22,000 seats...it was a real nail-biter getting that thing done on time--and he 'only' was mounting a pre-fab press box, pouring some concourses and putting up corner / endzone bleachers. They managed to pull it off in the nick of time, but THIS project and timeline seems damn near impossible. If I were MLS,(and I've been waiting 20 years for MLS here again) I'd delay the launch of the team two years and open in your new building in Miami...at this juncture, what's one more delay to do things right?

19. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all due respect, and this is assuming that Inter Miami would start their season playing on the road until June, but this would leave them, what, 14 months to turn something that looks like this:

[​IMG]

Into what they have in mind.

20. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a look of utter disappointment if I've ever seen one.

21. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Disappointment? Not sure I follow. Yes, they did pivot to Broward for the academy/headquarters and stadium for years one and two (and future USL-1 Team). But this sends a clear message that this is, indeed a team for the region, not just Miami-Dade county. They must've REALLY not been into FIU. Maybe not wanting to deal with Silva? What you call 'disappointment' looks more to me like a general weariness from 5 plus years of dealing with the Miami real estate market. A 'yes' vote from the commission on Tuesday should inject a bit more pep into their step. A 'no' vote will simply force them to look somewhere else up here in Broward.

22. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, disappointment. Instead of starting in the Dolphins stadium or the Marlins stadium, both of which they wouldn't have a problem bring a large crowd to, they have to go back to the old home of the old failed Miami MLS team that has been left abandoned for a couple of years. In the picture right next to Beckham's head is the scoreboard with a giant hole in it, they didn't even bother to cut down the bushes that are growing on the field. That shit is embarrassing and you know that picture is going to make the rounds on the news around the world. I'm 100% sure he's not happy with having to play there when there are better options available.

23. Cleat-USA

Cleat-USA Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I don’t have a link handy but I thought I read somewhere that they met with the marlins and both sides agreed that it wasn’t a good fit. Hard Rocks playing surface may not be a good fit considering they host the canes and dolphins. Adding MLS would be logistically very challenging and the surface would be poor. Also they’ve moved the old key biscayne tennis tournament there which takes up a good part of March. I think hard rock is a non starter. What are some other Broward options? Maybe there’s an empty lot near sawgrass that could handle a temp stand (JK. Sort of)

24. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    No one forced them into the stadium for the press conference...didn't HAVE to do it there...could it be that, at this stage, there was something else at play? Namely showing Ft. Lauderdale CC the current state of the property in the aftermath of their proposal? It's all pressure and leverage at this point. Marlins Stadium (see NYCFC), Hard Rock (scheduling issues) and FIU (working with Silva) are not better options, compared to a soccer specific stadium that they control that is slated to be the team's operational headquarters. Sure, they were looking at all Dade sites originally but like I mentioned before, I think they came to the realization that this team needs to have more of a regional footprint outside the 305. Lockhart certainly is about as central to the whole market as one could ask for and affords them the opportunity to grab more talent from Wellington, Boca, etc. I think people were confusing his intention for the first team to build their permanent stadium in Miami with this separate training facility/academy. He never insisted THAT had to be in Miami as well. Hey, I was just as shocked as many were when their Lockhart proposal was announced. For me, it doesn't even have to be that site, but anywhere in Broward sounds like it would accomplish the same goals...and ultimately, if the fans are as stoked about this team as they claim to be, they'll drive/train/bus up for two years without too much complaining-just as many of us in Broward will head down to Freedom Park in 2022.

25. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    The Fusion weren't a failed team. The owner failed the market by taking his ball and going home. Several teams had lower attendance that year-our attendance was up from year 3. Hudson had them playing the most attractive offensive soccer this league has arguably EVER seen (includes ATL last year). Sure the league was desperate for investors back in 97-98 and would never let a guy like Horowitz anywhere near a franchise today but had to take what they could get back then...summarizing the Fusion as 'the old failed Miami MLS team' isn't a fair, accurate or complete assessment.