tell me information about LEE DONG-GOOK

Discussion in 'Korea' started by oxygen041, Oct 2, 2003.

1. oxygen041

oxygen041 New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    china
    thank you
    my friend needs his situation now
    i do him a favor

2. red fire engine

red fire engine New Member

Jun 7, 2003
    Anyang
    what do you want to know?

born 29th April 1979
    185 cm (yeah right)
    80kg's (yeah right)

this season for Gwangju:
    27 games
    11 goals (10th on the season goal scoring list)
    6 assists (7th on the season assist list)
    33 fouls
    25 offsides
    89 shots (this represents a poor scoring percentage by other strikers standards)
    1 yellow card

3. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Lee Dong-guk along side with Go Jong-su are perfect examples of what soccer players shouldn't be.

4. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    How good was Lee Dong Guk in his prime? Was he better than current starlets such as Jung Jo Guk and Kim Dong Hyun when he was 19?

5. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What is wrong with LEE DONG-GOOK? He is one of my favorite players.

6. oxygen041

oxygen041 New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    china
    is there any possibility of his going to europe?

what does him do now ?
    work in k-league?

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Jambon

Lee Dong-guk never really recovered from his injuries and people say that his cockiness during his so-called 'prime' years after WC '98 brought upon his own demise. I can't really say anything but he was once a rising star with great potential and now just your average striker in the K-League.

Sukhwa

I honestly think that Jung Jo-guk is better than Lee Dong-guk.

oxygen041

Europe? Never. He's with the Army team, Gwangju Sangmu in the K-League. They turned out to be a half-descent team, actually.

8. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Dong-gook Lee definately has that "scoring touch."

That's what made him get called up by NT, U23, U20 constantly during his prime just like how Sung-gook Choi is going through now.

Too bad such a players with the killer instinct happened to be pretty damn lazy.

9. samkakkimbap

samkakkimbap New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Outside of Suwon
    Jong Jo-guk can't even make the Anyang starting team at the moment and that is saying something!

He last scored about 10 games ago. I have to blame our coach somewhat though, as he was going ok but has been stiffed around too much.

Lee Dong-guk has 11 goals in 27 games which I guess is ok but his shooting/goal percentage is very weak. Most of the top scorers shoot at around 17-22% and he has 12%. So he is taking a lot more shots. Maybe that's because Gwangju can't dominate as well as other teams, but he should be doing a bit better all the same.

Kim Do-hun now has 21 goals in 32 games plus 9 assists. He is shooting at 28.5%. But he is in a really dominant team who give him a lot of chances. Actually I would say that Seongnam probably have about 8 of the best 15 players in the K-League so anybody would look good playing up front there. But Kim Do-hun does take his chances which is more than can be said for most.