Tell me about Raleigh? (NSR)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by puttputtfc, Nov 8, 2003.

1. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I am considering moving to the area but I would like some information. Do small restaurants succeed? How are schools? Quality of life? etc. Any info is appreciated.

2. The#Is10

The#Is10 New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Apex, NC
    I moved here to the Raleigh area (specifically, Apex) in 1997 with my 2 kids. I love it here. The Wake County schools are very good. There is a lot to see and do...baseball, hockey, lots and lots of college sports. Most folks here are employed by tech, either computers or scientific.

Can't help you with the restaurant stuff...I'm not self-employed and would not be a good resource for this type of info...maybe it would help to contact the Raleigh chamber of commerce here http://www.raleighchamber.org/

Good luck in your decision!

3. Breakers_rule

Breakers_rule New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    In my house.
    Lots of sports opportunities for kids and adults.

I have recently started my own business, but am only 4 weeks into it. Doing fairly well, but I am not a restaurant owner. If you have a good product word of mouth is great. Just ask anyone on here about Ole Time BBQ near SAS stadium. Had never heard of it until this summer, but man they have great food.

I would be more than happy to help your restaurant with word of mouth, if you have great food. What kind of restaurant??