Tell me about Pierre Menes

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Apr 14, 2010.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont get to watch French television so I know nothing about this guy other than he is very fat and very popular. Someone explain to me what this guy is all about.

[​IMG]

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    sportsboy check this out :eek
    [​IMG]

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He used to be a journalist in l'Equipe newspaper and treated Henry, Pirès and the whole Arsenal very friendly at this time. In 2006 he went to TV and was in 100% foot on M6 channel (show animated by Estelle Denis, Domenech's companion). That's where he became popular to the point at where he was hired by Canal+. He's "the nice fat guy" and he knows about talking. It's enough to be a good football journalist in France. About his analysis, well he's a Wenger, Denoueix and Christian Gourcuff fan, at least he's got good tastes, but he could assume one thing on Monday and the complete opposite on Sunday.

He's rather liked but not SO popular, it is not difficult to find somebody who'll find him "dumb". Though looking brilliant in a devastated French sport journalism is not hard.

4. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, he's also Mr. Funny guy, he may want to be a stand up comedian some day...A "good client" on TV shows and a lot of "in your face" statements. The kind of person you love or hate but that works well with television !

He even has his puppet on Les Guignols, paramount consecration.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ULc6qAT0M"]YouTube- Guignols - Camping Football Club (Hervé Mathoux & Pierre Ménès)[/ame]

5. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    He was the leader of the Abidal and Malouda bashing. Everytime he opened his mouth about the national team it was to bash Malouda. Now we have Henry and Evra on the left side, I would like to hear him criticize these amazing and not overrated players as much as he did with Abidal and Malouda.:rolleyes:

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he's also a huge marveaux fan though to be honest i don't listen to him close enough to know if it's joris or sylvain.

the "nice" part is definitely usurped; except for his dozen pets he's viciously critical of everyone and everything, especially coaches, refs and the league. he has that particularly gallic trait of thinking if it's french it has to be wrong.

changing his opinion from sunday to monday? heck, he can contradict himself in the space of ten minutes! apparently his touts for wagering are horrible, strange from the PAF's favorite "expert" who monopolizes talking time on the "best" football show on TV.

it's true he watches a LOT of football on TV and tapes, but it's clear he's never kicked a ball even as a kid, and i think he's taking out his bile this way.

the most pitiful is the way he sits next to isabelle moreau and pesters her, as if they were in 6th grade.

i'm sure you know what funny he's talking about: the so funny i forgot to laugh.

7. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Eh It's not often he gets to be that close to a woman who's so attractive, he doesn't know how to act :D